Black Friday Gifts For Photographers
Our Black Friday camera gear deals is now closed for 2021 and most of these deals are no longer available. However we have left a list of gifts for photographers packed with ideas to suit any budget for you to consider.
Black Friday Photography Gift Ideas Under £50
Photography spans a wide range of subjects and you can easily find an excellent Black Friday camera accessory deal for under £50. Fear not as these are just as essential for any content creator as a brand new camera.
- No matter which camera you use, you can never have enough memory cards! Save 20% right now on SanDisk including memory cards, USB drives and more. If we had to choose one as a gift, it would probably be a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDXC 170MB/S – a great SD card for most cameras, although you best check before buying for SD compatibility!
- We’ve only just got our hands on the Atomos Connect 2 and it’s already £20 off! This amazing little device will convert your 4K video for streaming from any HDMI compatible device, perfect for gaming, vlogging, product showcases and more.
- The Peak Design Capture Camera Clip (V3) Black is an amazing accessory which holds almost any camera in a quickly accessible way. It’s used by some of the most prominent photographers in the world, so you know anyone would be chuffed to get this gift and it’s massively practical. With this accessory you’ll need a camera plate too, but they can pick whichever suits them.
- You might also be tempted to get the Peak Design Leash Camera Strap in Midnight blue for someone stylish who appreciates a secure attachment to their gear.
- A Peak Design v2 Field Pouch in Charcoal Grey is our organisation bag pick from three available colours. It’s an even more clever updated version of the previous model which lets the photographer in your life organise a load of accessories within their main camera bag. It can be used in a number of ways for versatility. If your gift recipient sometimes needs some help with organising their cables, cards and other photography bits and bobs, this could make the perfect pressie!
- Another handy carrying device is the WANDRD Sling Strap which is an absolute workhorse of a camera strap that can be used in various ways so it gets a big thumbs up from most users.
- I wish I’d had one of these WANDRD ROUTE Chest Packs in Black years ago as it’s super useful. You can save on one right now and it falls under our £50 budget which is a steal TBH. This clever top loading bag can be used on it’s own with a variety of lens lengths (as it extends) or can be used attached to a bigger backpacking bag.
- For anyone who shoots timelapse or any other content with your mobile the Joby GripTight PRO 2 Mount is perfect for vlogging and more.
Black Friday Photography Gift Ideas Under £100
With Black Friday savings now live for 2021 here are some of our most wanted picks for a very tidy budget of up to £100.
- Anyone who loves being outdoors will appreciate these Steiner Safari Ultrasharp 8x22 Compact Binoculars. They make an excellent gift for wildlife photographers, sports photographers as well as this who simply enjoy watching sports and nature. You get a 10 year warranty included free so you know this present will keep on giving for years to come.
- Right near the top of this budget is the WANDRD HEXAD Carryall 60L Aegean Blue and you can enjoy massive savings of over £70 on this versatile bag during the sale. It has so many features including converting to a backpack that we won’t list them all here. Go take a peek and see if this makes an awesome gift for someone lucky in your life.
- Is anyone you know an aspiring smartphone content creator? If so the The ZHIYUN Smooth-Q2 is an affordable, pro-performance pocket-sized gimbal with 20% off.
- You’ll get a free gift with the Datacolor Spyder Checkr which is a useful calibration tool for anyone who takes their colour management seriously. If that sounds like someone you know this could be a unique gift which they will be very happy to receive!
- For photographers who need to reflect some light onto their subjects the Manfrotto TriGrip Large Sunfire/silver 1.2m is nicely under budget thanks to a great saving.
- The Rotolight Ultimate Vlogging Kit is an all-in-one solution for phone vloggers with everything they need to create professional quality content thanks to Rotolight’s clever LED solution. Its so well discounted at the moment it almost gets into our under £50 budget so don’t miss this one!
- If you know someone who loves landscape photography the LEE100 Filter System Holder could give them the introduction to ND filters they would love! It’s just the holder, but add a 100mm System 0.6 Neutral Density Grad Medium Filter and they are well on the way!
Black Friday Gifts up to £500 Budget
This very healthy budget will get something very special for someone very special in your life. If you have a £500 these are some of the hottest offers right now:
- If you know someone who makes videos, has a Youtube channel or loves videography they will no doubt be thrilled with an Atomos Ninja V. It’s arguably the most popular monitor/recorder in the world today and comes with a £90 saving right now!
- Adventurous types who are out and about might be extra stoked with a high speed and water resistant hard drive to keep their files safe on adventures. If that is the case why not pick up a SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD 480GB - Water Resistant drive, with blistering performance and data-saving features.
- For content creators using virtually any camera the Zhiyun Crane 3S-E With EasySling Handle is an amazing gimbal with just as amazing saving! Carry gear up to 6.5kg including DSLR, mirrorless and even Cinema cameras.
- Also for anyone making movies is the Manfrotto Gimbal 460 Pro Kit is a great deal at the moment and could be perfect for the videographer in your life.
- Sticking with content creators the Nanlite Forza 60B Bi-Colour LED Light Kit will light up video and flash photography for on-location shooters. It offers a remarkable light output for its size and would make a splendid gift for anyone who loves artificial lighting.
- One more for adventures is the Insta360 ONE X2 which captures incredible 5.7K 360° movies which would make an engrossing gift for someone who loves filming and sharing the world around them.
- Once your gift recipient has got the shot they will need to edit it, so why not save on a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet right now? This makes a portable and easy solution for editing although it’s too generous to be a stocking filler!
- Anyone who loves outdoor photography, hikes and photo trips will just love the WANDRD FERNWEH 50L Backpacking Bag Small/Medium in Black. It holds just the right amount of gear for most users at 50L although it’s selling like hot cakes so best be quick with this!
Lens Gift Deals Under £500
Look no further than these savings on lenses for big spenders who want to save on a photography pressie and have up to £500 to spend:
- Canon has joined the foray with mirrorless lenses including £90 off the Canon EF-M 11-22mm F/4-5.6 wide angle and savings on the EF-M 32mm Lens F/1.4 Macro. Either (or both) of these make excellent images and a worthy addition to any camera bag.
- For Sony users who love wide angle photography we have the excellent value Samyang AF 24mm F2.8 FE on sale. This is a great option for newcomers to landscape photography, architecture, interiors and more. Anyone who receives this will be thrilled to add it to their collection.
- Get cashback from Sigma with this Sigma 30mm F/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Micro Four Thirds during the event. If you know someone who uses a MFT camera and loves day to day snapshots this makes a high quality general purpose lens.
- Nikon DSLR camera users would love this Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G lens which is basically a classic model for classic subjects. Walkraound all day with this and snap some winning photos!
- Sticking with Nikon but for mirrorless cameras is the Nikon 50mm F/1.8 S Z Mount Lens on sale now. It sneaks in under our budget thanks to a very nice saving and will be the envy of any photographer thanks to awesome optics delivering superb results.
- Anyone who has an L-mount full frame camera can also save with £60 cashback on the extremely popular Sigma 35mm F/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for L Mount. This is a great deal for a versatile, slightly wide lens with high quality credentials.
- If you know a Sony shooter who loves photographing the stars, landscapes or architecture the Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE Ultra Wide Angle Lens Sony E is an amazing £150 off during Black Friday! They will be stoked to have one of the widest lenses around to follow their passion.
- Rounding off with another Sony option is the Sigma 35mm F/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E. This is a beautiful compact prime lens useful for street photography, portraits, snapshots and more, so if you know someone who like those kind of subjects and has a Sony this could give them a big smile!
If you see any product during the sale which says ‘Awaiting Stock’ – you can still buy it at these discounted prices and we’ll ship it to you as soon as it becomes available.
How about a camera as a gift?
You can make some amazing savings right now for the photographer in your life. Here are some of our top pics for 2021:
- It may be small but it’s far more than a stocking filler, so why not pick up a Sony DSC RX100 VII Compact Camera with £150 off today!
- If your recipient is into vlogging the Sony ZV-1 VLOG Camera will definitely go down a storm with £100 off.
- Benefit with double cashback on Canon mirrorless and DSLR cameras today! The EOS R5 and EOS R6 are both highly accomplished models with £450 off! For DSLR there’s no shortage of deals including the 90D with 18-135mm lens kit or why not pick up a Black Friday Canon compact camera on sale?
- The Mark II Panasonic Lumix GH5 is £200 off and makes for a superb body to shoot impressive 4K movies and 20.3 megapixel stills. It’s definitely one of the world’s most popular hybrid cameras so aimed at content creators shooting both pictures and movies.
- Staying with Lumix, the Panasonic S5 full frame camera has even bigger savings, free gifts and would be an impressive gift to say the least. Once again this is aimed at content creators who enjoy both photos and videos, offering 4K/60p video and 24MP stills.
- We’re approaching £2k now, with both the Nikon Z6 II and Nikon D780. One is a mirrorless and the other a DSLR leaving it up to you to choose which your very, very lucky partner will receive!
- If you just won the lottery and want to buy someone special a top class medium format camera, we would recommend the Fujifilm GFX 50S II with £150 off a compatible lens could be the deal for you.
Organisation for photographers - AKA a new camera bag. Yes please
Camera bags are a bit like smart phones. No matter how big the storage capacity, they always seems to get filled eventually! Photography offers us the opportunity to explore different styles of shooting and they all require different photographic equipment to some degree. What may seem like an insignificant problem does sometimes hamper photographers’ ability to carry the right gear for a particular project. Look out for some amazing deals on camera bags including camera backpacks and shoulder bags for camera gear, providing a great organisational present for photographers.
Drone gifts for aerial photography - give a new perspective
Photography is about capturing great images and video, telling a visual story and sharing experiences with the world. In a continual bid to capture unique perspectives, locations and scenes, photographers are finding that drones are providing a compelling new avenue to explore. Whether for work in estate agent photography, Youtube B-roll or shooting epic scenes for your own website, drones make for an excellent Black Friday gift for photographers. DJI have established themselves as one of the most successful manufacturers in the world. As such they offer a number of capable models for beginners to advanced pilots. I cannot think of many photographers who would not revel in the opportunity to join in with the growing number of fellow enthusiasts to learn a new skill and capture high definition video and stills images. The recently announced DJI FPV Drone Combo With Goggles V2 could make the ideal gift, with cutting edge collision technology and unique flying experience. We also have both the Autel EVO II and Autel EVO II Pro Drone discounted by 10% off today, but hurry these are selling fast!
Action cameras for outdoor enthusiasts
Following along with the theme of outdoor photography, an action camera makes a compelling gift idea. What makes these so exciting is the possibility to record a range of photos and videos in extreme and sports scenarios, without having to carry a load of gear. You can strap them to your mountain bike, attach them to your helmet for paragliding, take them snowboarding and even add a waterproof case and shoot video while sailing. The possibilities are endless.
The Ricoh Theta Z1 is an excellent candidate for a Black Friday gift. It is a minuscule take-anywhere 360 action camera, which captures 4K spherical video and huge 23MP images. Also the DJI Action 2 Dual-Screen Combo makes a brilliant action gift. It is 4K ready and waterproof out of the box, modular so you can add accessories and this model is perfect for content creators as you can shoot selfies straight out of the box.
How about a portable compact camera?
With many of us photographers toting a DSLR or mirrorless system, why would we recommend a point and shoot camera as a gift? Well, for those of us with ageing backs, or a desire to sometimes explore photography without bringing said backpacks, interchangeable lenses and everything else, a small, lightweight and easy to carry compact camera would be most welcome. Technology has come a long way recently, and there are some highly advanced yet miniature cameras on the market today. Many offer high quality 4K video which our main camera body does not always, and some come with ultra-zooms and extremely high quality lenses.
If you have a lucky budget of around £1000 both the RICOH GR IIIx and Fujifilm X100V Silver would make someone very happy indeed! You can shoot virtually any subjects with a 40mm and 35mm fixed lens respectively and both capture absolutely beautiful results. For a lower budget but with comparable features the Sony RX100 III with accessory kit is a steal in the sale.
For a lower budget but with equal stills and video capability we would most like a Sony Disc HX95. These pack a whopping long 24-720mm lens capability and still offer 4K video. The main difference being the lack of changeable lens. This is not a compromise, rather the ultimate in easy to carry portability, which many photographers would secretly love! In fact, the Sony is the worlds smallest camera with that particular zoom range, so bragging rights may be enlisted! It also includes image stabilisation, eye autofocus and a lot of technology that photographers will appreciate. If you are heading away together on holiday, a compact camera might just persuade your other half to leave all of their ‘main’ gear at home. That could be a win-win in our book! We recently reviewed the Sony RX100 VII in our blog, which is well worth a read when considering a compact camera.
A new lens for any occasion
If you are particularly aware of the brand, or style of photography which your gift recipient shoots, you might consider a new lens as perhaps the most thoughtful addition to their hobby (or job). Camera lenses make a huge difference as to which type of photograph you can capture and come in every conceivable shape and size for any style, in both zoom or prime models. It’s impossible to say what every lens is for, but here is a general outline for the purpose of buying a gift:
Wide angles tend to be best for subjects such as:
- architecture and cityscapes
- landscapes and seascapes
Standard or ‘normal’ is the term for focal lengths similar to our general field of vision and potentially the most versatile without having to purchase a zoom. Perfect for:
- cities and travel
- wider general scenes
Telephoto lenses refers to longer lenses able to capture distant subjects. These might appeal to photographers who enjoy:
- nature and wildlife
- bird watching
- sports and action
So we hope that you have found this post useful if you are looking for a photography gift. We appreciate it comes across as somewhat self-promotional. With that said, we pride ourselves on providing an excellent service to photographers both amateur and professional, with competitive pricing and expert staff in our two stores. If you would like to register and be amongst the first to hear about our Black Friday camera equipment deals we promise to keep you informed until you tell us otherwise. We’ll also be having some exclusive in-store only offers which might appeal if you are visiting London or Sussex. Happy shopping!
By Nick Dautlich