Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM Lens
The lightweight, rugged Canon RF 100-500mm L IS USM super telephoto lens delivers stunning performance with 5 stops of stabilisation, a faster AF system, L-series quality and new extenders compatibility.
Currently out of stock with no accurate expected delivery
Earn 2979 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Huge focal range for any number of subjects as well as full RF extender compatibility
- Extremely compact lens which is easy to travel with despite the long telephoto zoom range
- Ultra fast near silent focus motors capture and track subjects in the blink of an eye
- Dust proof and moisture resistant sealing for outdoor shooting in virtually any weather
- Highly competent optical stabilisation with 5EV or 6EV advantage depending on camera body
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM Lens Summary
The Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM is a significant telephoto lens aimed squarely at professionals and enthusiasts, which provides longer reach than many comparable models. This versatile super telephoto focal range is ideal for a number of subjects including action, sports and wildlife photography such as birding, together with creative compressed landscape photography. Stunning full-frame images can be captured even in low light thanks to optical stabilisation which achieves up to 5 EV stops (or 6 stops when mounted on the Canon EOS R5). Autofocus is blisteringly quick with high speed Dual Nano USM. This uses two near silent focus motors which is the same technology employed by the excellent RF 70-200mm.
There are further similarities as the RF 100-500mm has also been housed within an extremely compact 207mm casing and is weather sealed for outdoor use during inclement weather. A number of high quality UD and super UD glass elements ensure brilliant optical quality, sharp details and accurate colours from the 20 elements in 14 groups. Despite packing this optical technology the RF 100-500 only weighs in at 1.53kg. making it eminently portable for the range it provides. Front and rear Florine coatings also create a barrier to dust, smears and oil at either end of the lens. Another benefit for tripod or monopod users is the supplied tripod mount ring F, which enables immediate deployment onto a support system. The aperture range is identical to competitor models throughout focal ranges with a very competent f/5.6 at 400mm through to f/7.1 at 500mm. For photographers who need even greater reach the lens accepts compatible RF Extender 1.4x and 2x RF Extender for up to 1000mm focal range. This places any extremely distant subjects enviably close, whilst maintaining full autofocus and stabilisation functionality.
Canon RF 100-500mm Lens in more detail
Image size: Full Frame 35mm
Angle of view: (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 20° - 4°, 14° - 2° 45’, 24° - 5°
Lens construction: 20 elements in 14 groups
No. of diaphragm blades: 9
Minimum aperture: f/32 @ 100mm / f/54@ 500mm
Closest focusing distance: 0.9m at 100mm / 1.2m at 500mm
Maximum magnification: 0.33x
Distance Information: Yes
Image stabiliser: 5 stops
AF actuator: Dual Nano USM
Dust/moisture resistance: YES
Extenders: Compatible with RF Extenders only, from 300mm. This provides 420mm -700mm with the 1.4x and 600mm- 1000mm with the 2x extender.
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM Lens Specifications
Super Telephoto Zoom Lens
Up to 5 Stops
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
93.8mm x 207.6mm
Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Sample Images
100mm. 1/8000th sec. ISO 3200. f/5.6 (Mounted on EOS R5)
400mm. 1/3200th sec. ISO 12800. f/6.3 (Mounted on EOS R5)
500mm. 1/60th sec. ISO 8000. f/7.1 (Mounted on EOS R5)
500mm. 1/640th sec. ISO 6400. f/7.1 (Mounted on EOS R5)
What else is included in the box?
- RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM
- TRIPOD MOUNT RING F (WIII)
- LENS CAP E-77 II
- LENS DUST CAP RF
- LENS CASE LZ1328
- LENS HOOD ET-83F (WIII)
- User Manual Kit
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Canon’s mirrorless camera system is rapidly expanding and the introduction of the RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM is a high quality addition. This lens has broad appeal to professionals and enthusiasts thanks to its’ combination of compact portable form, weather sealing and versatile telephoto reach. Image quality is outstanding earning L-series quality through the use of an advanced optical design with high quality elements. Dual Nano USM focussing has already proven itself as the ideal solution for extremely quick, silent and highly capable subject acquisition. This will appeal to any photographers requiring a reliable AF system for their subjects including fast moving sports and wildlife.
A close focus distance of between 90cm and 1.2m allows for yet more creativity with .33x magnification to capture diverse and pleasing close-up images. Compatibility with Canon’s RF extenders also enables photographers to work at huge focal ranges up to either 700mm with the 1.4x or 1000mm with the 2x. The fact that AF and optical stabilisation will work regardless, cements the RF 100-500 lens as the new goto choice for photographers who need vast telephoto reach with their Canon mirrorless cameras. Handheld photography is possible even during low light thanks to the 5 stop stabilisation system and tripod users benefit from an included tripod mount ring. All of this combines to create a highly compelling proposition for users working in a range of photographic fields.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.