Sony ZV-1 VLOG Camera
The award winning compact Sony ZV-1 vlog camera is designed for vlogging with a vari-angle LCD screen and lamp for selfie-shooting. Combined with a new grip the body has stabilisation, ND filter and more.
- The hugely improved built in mic (with windsock) makes vlogging easy, able to think about your content creation
- Sony’s real-time eye autofocus and real-time tracking makes focusing a breeze, whether you're taking a selfie, vlogging or taking a portrait
- A built in ND filter means that even on sunny days, you'll be able to capture the footage you want without sacrificing depth of field or shutter speed.
- Improved image stabilisation makes vlogging handheld totally usable even when walking and recording
- Ultra compact design perfect for carrying everywhere to capture the perfect moment
Sony Vlog camera ZV-1 Summary
Sony has capitalised on the rise of vlogging with the design of the Vlog camera ZV-1, appealing to Youtube stars, vloggers and content creators who need an ultra compact camera which can do just about everything. At 294g this really is one of the most accomplished compact Sony cameras, which impresses with 4K video as well as 20 megapixel stills. Refined Autofocus comes from 315 Phase-detect and 425 Contrast-detect AF points, tracking the subject across the frame even when moving, also working well when using the selfie-friendly vari-angle LCD screen.
- 4K movie recording with S-Log2 and S-Log3 gamma controls for camera matching and colour grading
- Built-in ND filter for brighter days
- Works with Capture One for Sony
- Combine with free software to become a webcam
- Directional 3-capsule microphone with windscreen
- Vari-angle LCD screen for selfie images and videos
- Image stabilisation for smooth video even when walking
We’re not the only ones who raved about this ultra compact vlogging camera in our two blog posts. Firstly the Is The Sony ZV-1 All You Need For Youtube and Sony ZV-1 Review Best Vlogging Camera, as it has also won the prestigious EISA Vlogging Camera 2020-2021 and RED DOT design awards.
With its 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor. The vari-angle LCD screen combined with the newly added grip to the body provides safe and solid holding, making selfie-shooting easy. Soft Skin Effect allows for natural skin tones and optimised brightness for faces. A directional 3-capsule mic and wind shield is supplied with this camera for recording high sound quality. The ZV-1 vlog camera comes with a Product Showcase Setting for perfect product review videos and Bokeh Switch for easy background blur control. Also featuring Sony's innovative Real-time Eye AF technology, the ZV-1 camera locks on and tracks people's eyes, even when shooting 4K movies.
Free Firmware Update*
On the 9th February 2021 Sony announced a new free firmware update for the ZV-1 camera that enables users to easily utilise video and audio for live streaming by connecting the camera directly to their PC or Mac. The firmware capitalises on the high quality video and audio for which the ZV-1 is known, perfect for the rise in social media live streaming or video conferencing. Read our blog post here for tips on how to use your camera for live streaming.
Users with a Sony smartphone can also use their phones to provide a secondary display to keep up to date with comments and live feedback during a broadcast.
Download the latest Sony ZV-1 firmware here.
ZV-1 Specifications include:
Vari-angle screen, selfie-shooting is easy on the compact Sony ZV-1, and allows you to check the framing while shooting. Because the screen is side-opening, it doesn't interfere with an external mic attached to the Multi Interface Shoe when shooting selfies.
The newly added grip to the body provides safe and solid holding, and for selfies, you can comfortably hold the grip using your thumb.
A recording lamp also features on the front face of the body - the lamp glows while recording, providing an at-a-glance indication of movie recording and eliminating the possibility of accidentally failing to record.
Soft Skin Effect is effective on the Sony ZV-1 camera, even when movie shooting. The Soft Skin Effect reduces skin wrinkles and marks while preserving the sharpness of eyes and mouths, and can be selected from the four settings OFF / LO / MID / HI according to your desired level of smooth skin effect.
In addition, based on wide-ranging investigations of skin tones, hues are reproduced that make the subject look healthy and natural, irrespective of age, gender, or ethnicity.
Skin tones are optimised for both movies and stills to deliver ideal subject emphasis when using your vlogging camera for YouTube, Facebook or Instagram.
Finally, an original face priority AE algorithm - capable of rapid AE transitions - detects the face and adjusts the exposure to ensure it is depicted at optimal brightness, even during selfie-shooting scenes with large light-dark changes.
High sound quality recording technology nurtured on Sony's advanced video camera models is deployed on the Sony Vlog Camera ZV-1. Improved sound gathering performance and noise reduction are realised by 3 mic capsules for clear sound recording at high density. Recorded sound is of high quality - close to the original - with fantastic stereo impression. In addition, a genuine wind screen that greatly reduces wind noise is supplied. Attaching this wind screen to the MI shoe reduces noise in windy outdoor conditions to allow clear recording of the speaker's voice.
Bokeh Switch (C1), a fully-open or F5.6 can be switched on, so even without a deep knowledge of cameras and video, you can obtain the blurred background effect you desire on this Sony camera.
Another simple operation of the Product Showcase Setting enables the focus to shift rapidly from your face to a product. This is assigned by default to the C2 custom button, so the appropriate settings can be recalled and applied with just one touch for convenient creation of product review videos.
Real-time Eye AF allows you to get leading-edge movie AF for vlogging! Developed for the interchangeable-lens camera Alpha series, Real-time Eye AF locks on and tracks subjects with high accuracy and speed. It uses AI-based subject recognition technology to detect eye information in real-time, allowing people's eyes to be recognised and tracked, even when shooting 4K movies.
What’s in the box
- Sony Vlog camera ZV-1
- Rechargeable Battery Pack (NP-BX1)
- Micro USB cable
- Wind Screen
- Wind Screen Adaptor
- Instruction Manual
- Sony HVL-F28RM compact flash - ideal for adding artificial lighting for interviews, photos and low light situations
- Sony NP-BX1 battery - keep recording for longer and never run out of power with spare rechargeable batteries
- Sony VCT-SGR1 grip - An equally compact and lightweight grip for easier handholding when shooting vlogs
- Sony ECM-W2BT Wireless Microphone - Excellent addition for professional quality audio
Sony ZV-1 Specifications
1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor
Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
SteadyShot™ optical and electronic stabilisation system
315 points phase-detection AF / 425 points contrast-detection AF
4K / 30p
approx. 24 fps
7.5cm (3.0 type) (4:3) with 921,600 dots touch panel
Yes IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band)
Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4GHz band)
2.7x optical zoom - ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups
SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I U3 or higher); [XAVC S (60Mbps/50Mbps)] SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (Class 10 or higher); [AVCHD/Still image] Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro11, Memory Stick Micro(Mark2), SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), micro SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
105.5 x 60.0 x 43.5 mm
Approx. 294g with Battery and Memory Card
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Compact Cameras|
|Model: Sony ZV-1|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 260|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 24|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): 24 - 70 mm|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 216|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 686|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 294|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 125 - 12800|
|JPEG quality levels: Extra fine, fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 12800|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 25600|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: 1.8|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): 5|
|Minimum ISO: 125|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 80|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): 5|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 315|
|Number of white balance presets: 9|
|Optical zoom multiplier: 2.9|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: BIONZ X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 921600|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 21|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
With the ZV-1 Sony has made a camera that is aimed at vloggers, content creators and YouTubers. Whether you're well established or just starting out with content creation, this camera makes it incredibly easy to just head out and create. It's packed full of features that make life easier, from a built in ND filter, image stabilisation and real-time eye autofocus through to the big improvements to sound with a microphone and windsock.
Sony has clearly focused on quality of life features with this camera and it makes a big difference to the kind of experience you will have when using it. We can see why the ZV-1 has picked up several industry awards as it combines ultra compact size and weight with professional quality features for high quality content makers including versatile S-Log2 and S-Log3. A series of simple accessories are also available to make a huge difference for users, with high quality wireless mics, tripod grips and others to raise production levels for solo producers. Add in the ability to edit in Capture One, use as a webcam and for live streaming and this really could be the perfect vlogging camera available right now.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.