Nikon 50mm f/1.8 S Z Mount Lens
Superior rendering for exquisite image expression that redefines perceptions of what a 50mm f/1.8 lens can do in the form of the NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S
- Works seamlessly with Z series cameras
- Great low light performance
- STM for quiet, quick autofocus
- Edge to edge clarity
NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S Mirrorless Lens Summary
Superior rendering for exquisite image expression that redefines perceptions of what a 50mm f/1.8 lens can do
- Sharp and clear rendering of details from the center of the frame to the peripheral edges, regardless of the shooting distance
- The soft and beautiful bokeh characteristics at any shooting distance possible only with a fast lens
- Adoption of two ED glass elements, and two aspherical lens elements
- Adoption of a new, powerful stepping motor (STM) enables quiet and accurate AF control with both still-image and movie recording
- In consideration to a dust- and drip-resistance, the entire lens, including moving parts, has been sealed
Product features in detail
|Model||NIKKOR Z 50mm f1.8 S|
|Lens type||Standard width Z mount mirrorless lens|
|Focal length||50 mm|
|Lens construction||12 elements in 9 groups
(2 ED glass and 2 aspherical lens elements, and
elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
|Angle of view||47° (FX format)|
|31°30' (DX format)|
|focusing||focusing system||Internal focusing (IF) system|
|Aperture range||f/1.8 - 16|
|Minimum focus distance||0.4 m/1.32 ft from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.15x|
|Weight||Approx. 415 g/14.7 oz|
|Dimensions (max. diameter x distance
from camera lens mount flange)
|Approx. 76.0 x 86.5 mm|
|Diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter-attachment size||62 mm (P=0.75 mm)|
|Nano Crystal Coat||Yes|
|Circular Polarizing Filter II||Lens only||Compatible|
|Supplied Accessories||LC-62B 62 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap • LF-N1 Rear
Lens Cap • HB-90 Bayonet Hood • CL-C1 Lens Case
|What else is included in the box?|
LC-62B 62 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap
• LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap
• HB-90 Bayonet Hood
• CL-C1 Lens Case
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Z Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
A fast 50mm prime may not be a new concept, but not many of them offer crisp edge to wedge clarity in quite the same way that this Nikkor Z does.
Modern design and a powerful STM means that this lens works in perfect harmony with the full frame mirrorless Z series of Nikon camera s.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.