- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Zoom Lens
The Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM lens is a high quality workhorse zoom with constant aperture and newly developed pro-level optics including ultra-low dispersion elements for mirrorless systems.
Earn 2549 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Fast and versatile performance from a workhorse RF constant aperture lens
- Responsive and precise operation with durable L-Series build-quality
- Outstanding sharpness and quality from refined mirrorless optical design
- L-series build quality with weather-sealing for outdoor photographers
- Image stabilisation plus a Nano USM motor for fast, silent focusing
Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
With 5-stops of image stabilisation the Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM zoom Lens is a professional quality L-Series workhorse for Canon mirrorless cameras. Superb optical engineering, a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture and 5-stop image stabilisation helps you stay creative in all conditions. This wide to standard zoom is well suited to any number of subjects including landscapes, portraits, travel, weddings and much more.
- Bright F/2.8 aperture, for low light performance and shallow depth-of-field
- Image Stabiliser, 5-stops of stabilisation for shake-free images
- Aspherical and UD elements, for exceptionally sharp images
- Nano USM motor for smooth, fast and silent operation
- ASC (Air Sphere Coating), to prevent flare and ghosting
- Lens Control Ring, for extra control over ISO, aperture and shutter
With rapid, accurate focusing thanks to a Nano USM motor users will enjoy instant and silent AF with exceptional smoothness, perfect for video as well as stills photography. Aspherical and UD elements ensure crisp, sharp images with any EOS R camera and Canon has added ASC (Air Sphere Coating) to prevent flare and ghosting.
Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM in detail
Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Fast and sharp – the ideal full frame mirrorless standard zoom for professionals
This f/2.8 standard width zoom complements the RF 70-200mm f/2.8L and RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM as Canon’s mirrorless Trinity of lenses. All three boast L series quality, fast constant apertures and high speed AF motors. Newer mirrorless bodies such as the EOS R5 and R6 camera work with the 24-70mm through in-body IBIS, working seamlessly with the lens optical stabilisation. Not all of Canon’s earliest mirrorless cameras sported in-body stabilisation however, which is where this lens picks up 5 stops of advantage.
Give your full frame mirrorless photography an edge with a 24-70mm zoom built to exceed expectations. Superb optical engineering, a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture and 5-stop image stabilisation helps you stay creative in all conditions.
Capture your subjects in amazing detail thanks to this fast and sharp f/2.8 zoom featuring the popular 24-70mm range and advanced 5-stop image stabilisation
Enjoy rapid, accurate focusing thanks to a Nano USM motor that ensures instant and silent AF with exceptional smoothness, perfect for video as well as stills
Take your photography to higher standards thanks to three glass moulded aspherical and three UD lens elements, advanced optical coatings and a 9-blade aperture
The build quality redefines L-series quality with weather-sealing and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements to guard against waterdrops and dust
Control settings via the Lens Control Ring and use in a variety of situations including macro work, with focusing as close as 21cm
What else is included in the box?
- RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM
- Lens Hood EW-88E
- Lens case LP1222
- Lens Dust Cap RF
- E-82 II lens cap
- Canon 82mm Protect Filter - keep the front element safe from accidental damage
- 82mm Polarpro Peter McKinnon Signature Edition II Variable ND Filter 2-5 Stop - Developed with features aimed at pro film makers
- B+W 82mm XS-Pro Kaesemann HTC Circular Polariser MRC-Nano Filter - arguably the king of the hill for CPL filters
Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM lens Specifications
Standard Zoom Lens
f/2.8 - f/22
88.5 x 125.7mm
With features such as 5-stop Image Stabiliser and Aspherical and UD elements the RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens is designed for enthusiasts and professional users. It is capable of delivering exceptionally sharp images, includes a Lens Control Ring and Nano USM motor for ultra smooth and steady pictures or videos.
Read more about RF lenses in our blogs here:
- 2019 - new RF lenses
- 2020 - Three RF super telephoto lenses
- See the complete range here in our RF lenses for Canon section.
Competition to this lens includes the versatile RF 24-105mm L Series Zoom, however this packs a faster aperture along with more glass elements for refined results. If you shoot images and videos and require the best possible image and video quality with a bright aperture suited to low light and fine depth of field, this is the lens to get.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 89|
|Length (mm): 126|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 70 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 70|
|Maximum magnification: 0.3|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.21|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 aspherical + 3 UD elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
With features such as Image Stabilizer and Aspherical and UD elements, for exceptionally sharp images, Lens Control Ring, for extra control over ISO, aperture and shutter can produce a ultra wide , ultra smooth and ultra steady pictures and videos.
Read more about RF lenses in our blogs here:
2019 - new RF lenses
2020 - Three RF super telephoto lenses
See the complete range here in our RF lenses for Canon section.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.