Ricoh Theta Z1 Action Camera
The Ricoh Theta Z1 is the flagship magnesium alloy 360 action camera , employing a 23MP 1.0 inch sensor for realistic spherical 4K video, which can even be live streamed in unprecedented high quality.
- Flagship 360° camera, achieving the highest image quality of the THETA series
- Superior noise reduction even when shooting indoors or in low light
- A variety of shooting modes for many situations
- Top of the range realistic spherical 4K video
- 4-channel microphone from 4 built-in microphones deliver superb audio quality
- 23MP resolution 360-degree still images using a large sensor and a new type of lens unit
- A new image processing algorithm and shooting modes to suit the scene
- High-quality 4K 360-degree videos using the latest image stabilization technology
- Intuitive main body user interface (UI)
- Support for RAW file format, increasing the joy of editing
RICOH THETA Z1 Features
Striving for ease-of-use with amazing high performance
Records natural 360° images using 7K (6720 x 3360, approx. 23MP) still image shooting and highly accurate image stitching.
Demonstrates superior noise reduction performance even when shooting at night or indoors with low light due to the equipped 1.0-inch type back illuminated CMOS image sensor.
Using a newly developed lens unit reduces ghosting, flare and fringing. Aperture mechanism improves perceived resolution and reduces blown out highlights.
Supports various shooting scenarios using a variety of shooting modes.
Produces incredibly realistic spherical video by 4K (3840 x 1920, 29.97fps) quality.
It is possible to save in RAW (DNG) format for the first time in THETA series. (Can also save in JPEG at the same time.)
Supports 360° live streaming in 4K. Transmits excellent quality real-looking image to the world.
Equipped with a 4-channel microphone. 4 microphones are built into the camera to independently record sound from 4 different directions when shooting video.
Uses Qualcomm's “Snapdragon". Transfer speed for both still images and videos has been dramatically improved.
The RICOH THETA Z1 is the flagship model of this series, with RICOH deploying exceptional optical and image processing technologies, cultivated through years of high-performance camera development, to pursue its highest resolution and quality to date. The compact main body is equipped with a 1.0-inch back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, enabling approx. 23MP resolution 360-degree still images. It supports a diverse range of shooting modes, such as aperture priority, allowing users to take high-quality images regardless of the setting: outdoors, nighttime, indoors, tropical beaches or snowy mountain views - nothing is off limits. Moreover, it is possible to shoot considerably smooth and immersive 360-degree videos in 4K (3840x1920 pixels) and 30 frames per second (fps) thanks to powerful 3-axis rotational stabilization to compensate for rotational shake.
The main body of the camera, with a 0.93-inch organic EL monitor and a Function (Fn) button, grants users access to a multitude of information at a glance, including number of possible shots, exposure settings, and more, thus greatly improving the operability of the camera itself. In addition to JPEG, RICOH THETA Z1 now supports Adobe DNG format (RAW) so that users can enjoy professional image editing as with a general digital SLR camera. Basic performance improvements are most evident in the AndroidTM-based system, which now offers flexibility in number of expansions one can add to the Z1 through the installation of additional plug-ins. The overall functionality of the latest model from RICOH not only meets the high demands of serious photographers, offers an optimal performance for professionals and amateurs alike.
1. 23MP resolution 360-degree still images using a large sensor and a new type of lens unit
The camera is equipped with a 1.0-inch back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, one of the largest for consumer 360-degree cameras. It incorporates two units that can support about 20M effective pixels, achieving high-resolution 360-degree images equivalent to about 23M still image output pixels. Moreover, it supports the best of ISO6400 high-sensitivity shots, showing its strength in night and dark indoor shots. The lens unit uses Ricoh's original tri-fold structure technology, allowing for a slim body of just 24mm*2 despite the large image sensor.
A multi-level aperture mechanism is newly equipped, allowing users to set the F-number to one of the three levels of F2.1, F3.5, and F5.6. In places where the camera can take in a lot of light, by closing down the aperture, the resolution of surrounding areas increases. Moreover, the newly designed lens unit keeps ghosts, flares, and purple fringing down.
2. A new image processing algorithm and shooting modes to suit the scene
Renewed the image processing algorithm achieved to get low- and high-sensitivity, low-noise, and high-resolution images. Moreover, Dynamic Range (DR) compensation is automatically made for normal shooting, effectively reducing blown out and pitch-black shadows for outdoor locations with brightness contrasts. The camera offers a range of shooting modes, including HDR Rendering, Interval Composite shooting that can be used to record star trails, and Multi-bracket shooting that can take continuous shots with up to 19 settings.
3. High-quality 4K 360-degree videos using the latest image stabilization technology
The camera has 3-axis rotational stabilization while shooting videos to show superior image stabilization. This makes it possible to shoot high-resolution, smooth 360-degree videos in 3840 x 1920 pixels, equivalent to 4K size, and 30 fps (frames per second). Aperture-priority automatic exposure (Av), Shutter-priority automatic exposure (Tv), ISO sensitivity automatic exposure (ISO), and Manual (M) have also been added to the exposure settings, allowing for more meticulous video settings.
The camera has a 4-channel microphone that supports 360-degree spatial audio recording built into its body. Recording omnidirectional audio including both horizontal and vertical directions makes it possible to reproduce sound and video as it was in the environment where the video was shot by linking 360-degree video and audio together. This delivers the enjoyment of creating immersive VR video content and watching videos on large monitors more realistically.
4. Intuitive main body user interface (UI)
The camera has a 0.93-inch organic EL (OLED) monitor that displays shooting information in the lower part of the main body. With nothing but the camera itself, shooting information can be checked at a glance, including remaining battery, shooting mode, the number of possible shots, F-number, and ISO sensitivity.
The new function (Fn) button can be used to switch what is displayed on the organic EL monitor, switch between normal shooting and self-timer shooting, switching between three plug-ins, and switching light out and silent mode.
Shooting settings from a smartphone can be saved as My Settings in the camera (one for still images and one for videos).
5. Support for RAW file format, increasing the joy of editing
In addition to the existing JPEG format, RAW (Adobe DNG) and JPEG files can be saved in the camera. RICOH THETA Stitcher, an application for stitching in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC, will be provided free. After processing files recorded as RAW, the plug-in can be used to generate spherical images in which the seams are invisible. Details about zenith corrections, directional corrections, and stitch distance setting can be freely changed. As with a general SLR camera, users can enjoy professional editing of hues and image quality.
6. A variety of ways of sharing
Users can directly post 360-degree spherical images shot using the camera to Facebook or upload them to the theta360.com dedicated website and share them on social networks such as Twitter and Tumblr. Unique cropped images can also be shared with Instagram. It is also possible to submit captured spherical videos to YouTubeTM 360-degree channel and images to Google MapsTM.
"Remote Playback" for 360-degree video is installed as a plug-in. Using a general-purpose receiver equipment*5 such as a compatible wireless display adapters it is possible to mirror playback of 360-degree still images and video data stored on the camera. This allows users to enjoy powerful 360-degree video on large displays or over projectors by operating the camera.
7.Robust and luxurious design
The camera employs a lightweight and robust magnesium alloy for the body materials. It not only ensures robustness that can withstand severe use, but texture casting on the surface gives a luxurious texture that is suitable for a high-end model.
Metal tripod screw holes are set in anticipation of use in harsh environments. Moreover, the external connector uses the next-generation standard of USB 3.0 (Type-C) to allow for even smoother transfer speeds. The shape is top–down symmetrical, so it can be inserted either way.
8. Superior scalability through updates and plug-ins
Following on from the RICOH THETA V, the camera uses Qualcomm's SnapdragonTM and an Android-based operating system. Firmware updates facilitate continuous functional expansions and performance improvements.
Users can access a variety of expanded functions by installing various plug-ins. Besides Ricoh genuine plug-ins, an environment was built for adding and using plug-ins releases by general developers through the RICOH THETA Plug-in Partner Program.
9. Other features
Can shoot using a high shutter speed of up to 1/25000 seconds
Internal large capacity memory of approximately 19GB which can shoot around 2400 still
The THETA+ application can be used to edit still images and export image data files for printing
Dual communication using Bluetooth and wireless LAN
Easy wireless connection from the basic apps for smartphones (Will be released soon)
The new plug-in “Time-shift Shooting" enables users to avoid having the photographer's reflection in images (scheduled for release in March)
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Action Cameras|
|Model: Ricoh Theta Z1|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.