Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE Ultra Wide Angle Lens Sony E
The ultra wide Samyang AF 14mm lens for Sony mirrorless captures high resolution, tack sharp 114° field of view images with minimal distortion, making it ideal for landscapes, architecture & interiors.
- A focal length not well catered for (at time of writing!) on the full frame Sony a7 family
- Excellent build quality, nice sized focusing ring
- A rarity from Samyang in terms of possessing AF - and nice quiet AF too!
Samyang 14mm f/2.8 AF Sony E-mount Lens Summary
- Samyang 14mm ultra-wide angle prime lens compatible with Sony Mirrorless cameras (including full-frame).
- Autofocus - works with phase & contrast detect
- Ultra multi-coating
- 14 lens elements in 10 groups
- 7 rounded diaphragm blades
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.2m
Product features in detail
The Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE is specifically designed to work in harmony with Sony E-mount full frame mirrorless camera s.
The flow of light is devised based on the uniqueness of the distance from glass to sensor
in mirrorless camera s to create optimal performance.
Along with portability of mirrorless lenses, the 14mm F2.8 is compatible with full frame sensors to deliver the wideness and sharpness of image to photographers.
The 14mm F2.8 is the widest angle available in the market in its class, broadening the sight of photographers to capture the world.
Based on Samyang Optics' exceptional optical technology, Ultra Multi Coating and three aspherical lenses have been included among 14 elements in 10 groups to minimise aberration and unnecessary light dispersion, delivering high resolution from the centre to the corners of the image.
This is one of the first autofocus lenses in over 40 years of Samyang's class-leading core optics technologies.
Samyang has captured the essence of world leading image technology with their manual focus lenses and reinterpreted it into autofocus lenses.
Photographers now can enjoy the combination of prime manual lens image quality and autofocus accuracy.
The Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE is compatible with both phase detect and contrast detect sensors to operate fast and accurate focus detection.
The 86mm maximum diameter is also the result of years of R&D for best handling, by adding stability.
Also the minimal and sleek design and metal-housing solidifies the build quality along with the internal focus
What else is included in the box?
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Lens hood
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 86|
|Length (mm): 98|
|Weight (g): 505|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 14 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 14|
|Maximum magnification: 0.12|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 14|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.2|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 aspherical elements + Ultra Multi Coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.