Atomos Ninja V HDMI Monitor / Recorder
The 1000nit bright Atomos Ninja V HDMI Monitor / Recorder is the original camera recorder for moviemakers and video creators, which offers powerful features, multiple codecs and a comprehensive range of monitoring tools.
- The original portable device which works with almost any camera for SDR/HDR monitoring and recording
- Bright 1000nit daylight viewable screen offers a range of overlays and monitoring tools to get every shot right
- HDMI 2.0 In/Out and the ability to monitor HDR and SDR sources up to 6K and record a variety of frame rates
- Add value to your productions by recording more colour information to maximise your movie potential
- Support for industry standard Apple ProRes RAW, Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD/HR and more
Atomos Ninja V HDMI Monitor / Recorder Summary
The Atomos Ninja V HDMI Monitor / Recorder is the original portable, compact video recorder, which has become an essential tool for filmmakers and content creators across the planet. It offers powerful advantages for HDR monitoring and RAW recording from a 1000nit bright 5.2-inch screen, which includes a comprehensive range of monitoring tools.
Key Atomos Ninja V Features
- 5.2 inch bright 1000nit screen
- Compact and portable for SDR/HDR monitoring and recording
- Compatible with a wide range of cinema, mirrorless, and DSLR cameras
- HDMI 2.0 In/Out
- Monitor HDR and SDR sources up to 6K
- Supports LUTs and Log
- Support for Apple ProRes RAW, Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD/HR, and HEVC (H.265)
- Supports frame rates such as 4K DCI 60p and HDMI RAW inputs up to 6K at 30fps
- Lightweight design which weighs just 360g
- 1/4-20 adapter for easy mounting to camera cages
Atomos Ninja V HDMI Monitor / Recorder in More Detail
Highly versatile recorder
Working with Ninja V makes it easier to perfect every scene through professional monitoring tools such as framing, exposure and focusing. You can also choose from industry-standard recording formats with frame size, frame rate and codecs that best suit your workflow. Ninja V allows you to record HDMI RAW inputs up to 6K at 30fps, whilst simultaneously looping out standard YCC video via HDMI to non-RAW compatible devices.
A highly responsive 5.2-inch, SuperAtom IPS touchscreen guarantees each feature is clearly visible and all the features are easily accessible and the bright 1000nit screen can even be used outdoors. The display settings allow for a number of adjustments to make certain your Ninja V functions equally well in darker environments.
The Atomos Ninja V is compact, portable and works as well on a compact mirrorless camera as it does with a full-sized cinema camera. A lightweight aluminium chassis and polycarbonate backplate have been crafted for maximum durability and the device weighs just 360g, which means it can be used comfortably when handholding the camera. The device includes anti-rotational 3/8-16 mount points on the top and bottom and ships with a 1/4-20 adapter. This enables the Ninja V to be easily be adapted and mounted on industry-standard equipment.
Comprehensive monitoring tools
Ninja V includes a comprehensive range of monitoring tools such as:
- focus peaking
- false colour
- zoom controls
- custom LUTs
- frame guides.
These can be overlaid in any combination and AtomOS software is easy to use, providing a readily updatable platform for firmware releases.
Time saving creative effects
You can create cinematic effects, creative transitions and save time in post-production with the Get Creative update for your Ninja V. The onion skin overlay makes shooting stop-motion and creating jump or match cuts extremely simple. The ability to capture frame grabs live on-set reduces time creating thumbnails and gives you a quick reference to share with the team and is available free from my.atomos.com.
Wireless remote control
The AtomRemote app for iOS and macOS offers an array of external controls for ATOMOS CONNECT for Ninja V. The app enables you to perform a range of configuration tasks and operations up to 15 meters away from the device via Bluetooth LE. Input options include the ability to define camera connections, select Gamma/EOTF, and adjust Gamut settings. For monitoring, AtomRemote can be used to control playback, choose monitoring modes, apply custom 3D LUTs, or view image analysis tools including exposure and focus. Output controls include options for 4K to HD, LUT preview, and HDR output.
Atomos AirGlu™ adds wireless timecode, sync, and control technology to ATOMOS CONNECT for Ninja V. AirGlu locks multiple Atomos devices or compatible cameras, audio recorders, and software applications together so that they share the same frame-accurate timecode. It is also able to relay recording, battery status, and disk capacity information to the server unit. Any AirGlu device can act as the server unit, which means you’ll no longer need a huge budget or get involved in time consuming post-production workflows to produce perfectly synchronised, multi-camera video.
Supported frame rates
Ninja V is able to record more colour data and add value to your productions, maximising the quality of your movies. If your camera outputs video over HDMI, the quality can often be preserved in a 4:2:2 8-bit or 10-bit format.
2K DCI 2048 x 1080
Optional via ATOMOS CONNECT or AtomX SDI modules
FHD 1920 x 1080 Progressive
FHD 1920 x 1080 PsF
Only via pulldown to progressive
FHD 1920 x 1080 Interlaced
1280 x 720p
up to 30p via HDMI
up to 29.97p via HDMI
3.5K Anamorphic RAW*
up to 60p
Ninja V code support
- Apple ProRes RAW up to 12-Bit RAW via HDMI & SDI
- Apple ProRes with scalable levels of compression
- Avid DNxHD/HR from Avid, which also offers scalable compression
- HEVC (H.265) in Camera to Cloud mode for smaller low bit files for sharing
Wide range of accessories
Extend your creative opportunities with accessories from the range, such as:
What’s in the box
- Atomos Ninja V HDMI Monitor / Recorder
- Master Caddy II
- 12V-3A AC power supply
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Video Recorders & Monitors|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.