Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Black with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit
The Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Black with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit offers powerful stills and advanced video capabilities including fast Hybrid AF, with a versatile zoom lens for video-centric content creators.
- Video-centric full-frame hybrid camera in matte black with versatile L-Mount zoom lens for all sorts of content creation
- Newly developed sensor and high-speed processor with first Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus for Lumix
- Supports Apple Pro Res RAW output to external recorder with full-sized HDMI port, as well as IP streaming from the camera
- Harness REAL TIME LUTs, Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope, Zebra Patterns and record 14+ stops with V-Log profile
- Pro-level photography content capabilities with high-speed burst shooting, high-res shot mode and a host of stills features
- Upgraded software, hardwear and updated ergonomics including a new control joystick and improvements across the board
Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Black with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit Summary
This pair combines the latest video-centric Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Black with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit for hybrid content creators who need the power of RAW recording over HDMI. The versatile Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 L-Mount lens is compact and lightweight, yet delivers sharp, high resolution results throughout the zoom range. The zoom lens allows you to capture subjects from ultra wide through to standard ranges, including landscapes, street, travel and day-to-day shooting.
Naturally both the lens and camera excel at video recording, with the lens providing fast and quiet AF, which pairs well with new AF capabilities, which the Lumix S5 II X body offers. Thanks to a joint venture with Leica through the L2 technology alliance, users can enjoy Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for the first time in a Lumix camera. The S5 II X also comes with a brand new high-speed full-frame CMOS sensor, arriving as the most capable video-centric Panasonic Lumix camera to date.
Record internal 4:2:0 10-bit 6K (3:2) and 5.9K (16:9) at 30fps and 4:2:2 C4K and 4K at up to 60fps, or add an Atomos recorder for Apple Pro Res RAW video output, for the highest quality and ultimate colour grading potential.
Key Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Camera Features
- 5.8K Apple ProRes recording to SSD via HDMI or USB, and ALL-Intra Recording
- Supports Apple Pro Res RAW video output to Atomos recorders like the Ninja V+
- Support for wired and wireless IP streaming and USB tethering
- Newly developed 24 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with on-sensor AF points
- Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus with 779-area metering
- High-speed imaging engine co-developed with Leica in the L2 Technology partnership
- 4:2:0 10-bit 6K (3:2) and 5.9K (16:9) at 30fps and 4:2:2 C4K and 4K at up to 60fps internal
- HFR (High Frame Rate) recording at up to 120fps and Slow & Quick capture at up to 180fps
- 14+ stop V-Log/V-Gamut and new REAL TIME LUT function
- Newly added Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope and Zebra Pattern
- Improved 48kHz/24-bit audio and high-resolution 96kHz/24-bit recording with external and XLR microphones
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots support Relay, Backup and Allocation
- Up to 9fps with mechanical shutter and 30fps with electronic shutter (up to 300 images)
- 96 megapixel High Resolution Mode
- Dual Native ISO sensitivity
- Improved image stabilisation with new Active I.S. for smoother video recording
- Upgraded useability with new 8-way joystick, expanded drive dial, 3.0-inch free-angle touch-control monitor and large, 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder
- Full-sized HDMI Type A terminal, high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Wi-Fi 5GHz connectivity
- Improved cooling for unlimited recording in key video modes
- Robust body with magnesium alloy die-cast front and rear frames and splash and dust resistant construction
- Key Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Features
- Versatile zoom range for indoor and outdoor subjects
- Dust, splash and freeze-resistant design
- Excellent close-up performance with 0.43x magnification and 0.15m closest focusing distance
- Ideal for video recording with fast, accurate autofocus and smooth aperture changes
- Outstanding sharpness and resolution throughout the entire zoom range
- Compact 67mm filter thread and lightweight design of just 350g
Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Black with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit in More Detail
Features update May 9th, 2023
In addition to ProRes RAW, Blackmagic RAW is now available for the Panasonic Lumix S5 II X and there is also additional support for Atomos Ninja V and Atomos Shogun Connect, on top of existing support for the Ninja V+. Please note that firmware updates to the external recorders may be required in order to achieve these recording modes. This could be the perfect time to trade-in your camera and update to the enhanced Lumix S5 II X.
All recording mode can be set as follows:
*Please refer to the ATOMOS website for the information on the corresponding firmware version of ATOMOS Ninja V+, ATOMOS Ninja V or ATOMOS Shogun CONNECT.
*Software that supports ProRes RAW is required to edit RAW video recorded with ATOMOS Ninja V+ or ATOMOS Ninja V. Apply the LUT (Look up table) available on the following customer supports site to make the same colour grading as V-Log/V-Gamut
*Please refer to the Blackmagic Design website for the information on the corresponding firmware version of the Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR.
*DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio is required to play back and edit Blackmagic RAW data. DaVinci Resolve Studio is required to deliver projects using Blackmagic RAW data in resolutions over 3840x2160.
*All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 L-mount Lens (S-R2060)
The Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 L-Mount lens is a versatile zoom, which is lightweight and compact enough to bring on any adventures. A high quality optical design includes 11 elements in 9 groups, with 2 ASPH, 3 ED and 1 UHR to minimise aberrations and ensure high resolution results.
With an ultra-wide 20mm maximum width the Lumix S 20-60mm is useful for photos and videos, to capture epic grand landscapes, interiors and everyday snapshots. A maximum 0.43x magnification at 0.15m with focal length 26mm and minimum focusing distance of 0.15m (0.4m at 60mm), provides a great lens for close-ups of diverse subjects.
You’ll be able to continue shooting even in harsh conditions, thanks to a dust and splash-resistant construction, which also allow you to shoot in temperatures as low as -10 °C. The Panasonic L-Mount lens offers fast, accurate autofocus and smooth aperture changes, perfect for content creators who capture stills and videos.
Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Matte Black Video-Centric L-Mount Camera
Best ever AF performance
The L2 Technology partnership between LEICA and Lumix has resulted in a newly developed imaging engine, along with a new 24-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor. This lead to the release of the S5 II X alongside the original Lumix S5 II, which are the first Panasonic Lumix cameras to offer Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF).
The camera employs a new Phase Hybrid AF system, which combines PDAF with Contrast Detect AF for fast and dependable autofocus capabilities, while providing 779-area metering and a new Pinpoint AF. This new AF system can detect target subjects in difficult conditions such as low light, or when backlit and once locked on, will continue tracking even with other moving objects in the frame. Continuous AF during zooming1 and AF micro adjustment are also available.
1 Conventional zoom lenses require firmware update to use Continuous AF during zooming.
Powerful video capabilities
The LUMIX S5IIX is capable of 5.8K Apple ProRes recording to SSD via HDMI or USB, and ALL-Intra Recording. Additionally, the S5II X can support Apple Pro Res RAW video output to Atomos. It also supports wired2 and wireless IP streaming and USB tethering.
The S5 II X new engine presents a range of video recording capabilities, including internal:
- 6K 4:2:0 10-bit (3:2) at 30fps
- 5.9K (16:9) at 30f
- C4K and 4K 4:2:2 at up to 60fps
A new low-profile heat management system has also been developed, which ensures unlimited recording times1 without increasing the size of the camera body. The Lumix S5 II X camera body also support HFR (High Frame Rate) recording at up to 120fps and Slow & Quick capture at up to 180fps.
A range of picture profiles provide the ability to record 14+ stops of dynamic range when using V-Log/V-Gamut, as well as a new REAL TIME LUT function. This allows you to upload colour grading LUTs from an SD card which are directly applied in-camera, rather than after recording in post-production.
Features such as Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope and Zebra Pattern have also been added in response to requests from professional users, along with System Frequency (24.00Hz) and Synchro Scan, amongst other pro features.
Audio capabilities have also been enhanced, with clear and realistic 48kHz/24-bit audio, which can be recorded via the built-in mic, or an external microphone. High-resolution 96kHz/24-bit recording is also possible when using external and XLR microphones, bringing the S5 II X closer in-line with audio capabilities first introduced on the GH6, simply add the Panasonic DMW-XLR1 XLR Microphone Adaptor for XLR audio capabilities.
1 When the camera is used at recommended operating temperature 0-40 degrees C. 6K and 5.9K at 30p/25p video recording stops once when continuous recording time exceeds 30 minutes if [Thermal Management] is set to [STANDARD].
2 Requires USB-LAN adapter, sold separately.
Pro-level photo and video
Thanks to a series of new and improved features the Lumix S5 II X is capable of delivering truly stunning photo and video performance. Capture all the action with high-speed burst shooting at up to 9fps with mechanical shutter and 30fps when using electronic shutter, for up to 300 images.
High Resolution Mode is available for RAW and JPEG to create astounding 96-megapixel stitched shots, while Dual Native ISO sensitivity minimises noise and provides a maximum ISO of 51200 (up to 204800 when extended).
Better image stabilisation
The Lumix S5 II X also boasts an upgraded 5-axis image stabilisation system, to improve handheld shooting across a wide range of conditions and situations. New Active I.S. delivers highly stable video recording by optimising horizontal, vertical and rotational correction, with up to 200%2 improvement compared to conventional stabilisation. Active I.S. is especially effective in what would typically be challenging conditions for handheld shooting, such as recording while using telephoto lenses or while walking.
1 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=200mm when S-E70200 is used. Firmware must be updated to the latest version.
2 Compared with Lumix S5. Focal length 20mm, when using S-R2060.
Advanced operation for solo creators
A highly refined shooting experience allows creators to achieve excellent results with a more streamlined workflow thanks to features such as AWB Lock, MF Assist (available for both video1 and photo) and a new Live Crop function, which records video footage using the entire sensor surface enabling the user to crop 4K and FHD images afterwards.
A new easy-to-operate 8-way joystick further enhances usability as does the expanded drive dial, 3.0-inch free-angle touch-control monitor and large, 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder.
1 Up to 60p. Does not work in Variable Frame Rate mode.
Improved reliability and connectivity
The camera is built to robust standards for demanding use in the field, with magnesium alloy die-cast front and rear frames plus a splash and dust resistant1 construction.
Connectivity has been improved over the previous model, with the LUMIX S5 II X featuring a full-size HDMI Type A terminal, high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 and a cable lock holder to prevent unwanted unplugging. Wireless connectivity has been improved too, adding Wi-Fi 5GHz2 to 2.4GHz, which provides a fast, stable connection with smartphones and tablets. Dual card slots (both UHS-II) support Relay Recording, Backup Recording and Allocation Recording and the 2200 mAh high-capacity battery can be recharged via AC or USB.
1 Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
Huge range L-Mount lenses
Along with a diverse range of accessories, users can enjoy building an extensive collection of L mount lenses from Panasonic, Leica, Sigma and third party manufactures such as Laowa. Options aside from the included kit lens are the Lumix S 14-28mm f/4-5.6 Macro Lens, which launched at the same time as the camera and numerous other focal lengths, suitable for stills and video.
Diverse range of camera accessories
Discover a wide range of Panasonic camera accessories to extend your creative potential, and if you’ve upgraded from the first generation body you can continue using the same batteries, grip, memory cards and other accessories.
- Panasonic DMW-MS2E Stereo Microphone as well as third party mics including the Rode VideoMicro II and Rode Wireless Go II (single set), amongst many more.
- The camera is compatible with UHS-I/UHS-II UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards and UHS-II Video Speed Class 90 standard SDXC Memory Cards. These include the Lexar 64GB Professional 1000x UHS-II SDXC, Lexar 128GB Professional 2000x UHS-II V90 SDXC With LRW 450 Reader and Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro SDHC 300MB/S UHS-II.
- Add a sPanasonic BLK22E Rechargeable Battery (same as S5), which also fits the compatible Panasonic BGS5E Battery Grip
Firmware updates for enhanced functionality
Panasonic is well known for enhancing camera performance through regular firmware updates and have already announced a pending update, which will add new functions including RAW data output and Live View Composite.
Alongside this video-centric matte black camera and lens kit, Panasonic has released a twin lens kit and a standard body, which you can learn more about in our Panasonic Lumix S5 II and S5 II X Review. Options include:
- Lumix S5 II Full Camera Body Only
- Lumix S5 II Camera with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit
- Lumix S5 II with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit
- Lumix S5 II X Bl
- Lumix S5 II X Black with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit
- Lumix S5 II X with 20-60mm and 5
What’s in the box
- Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Matte Black Video Edition full-frame L-Mount Camera Body
- Body Cap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Cover for the Battery Grip Connector
- Shoulder Strap
- Battery Pack
- AC Adaptor
- USB Connection Cable (A-C)
- Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens for L-Mount
- Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Rear Cap
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Panasonic Lumix S5 II X|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 370|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 9|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 102|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 134|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 740|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 779|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 25|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 4|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Panasonic has designed a stylish video-centric hybrid camera with the Lumix S5 II X, which includes the versatile Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens in this practical kit. Both camera and lens feature comprehensive dust and moisture resistance, which is perfect for indoor and outdoor content creation. The introduction of the first Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) in any Lumix camera ensures you’ll experience significant AF improvements from subject acquisition to tracking across the frame. The lens is designed for silent and quick AF, along with optics which render high-resolution results to keep pace with the new camera.
These capabilities complement the S5 II X, which includes a newly designed 24 megapixel sensor and a jointly developed imaging processor, born from the L2 alliance with Leica. These core components are responsible for great image quality as well as 14+ stop dynamic range in V-Log, and other improvements apparent throughout the system.
Upgraded 5-axis image stabilisation improves video stability when walking and using longer lenses and Panasonic has also added tools for achieving perfect exposure such as Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope and Zebra Pattern, along with new REAL TIME LUT functionality.
The body has also seen a number of enhancements with a new EVF, free-angle LCD screen and a new control joystick for more intuitive and ergonomic use. The menu system has also been tweaked, making it easier to switch between stills and video menu items. It’s perhaps the ability to stream over IP and record 5.8K Apple ProRes to SSD via HDMI, as well as utilise ALL-Intra Recording, which will make this kit highly desirable to advanced videographers. If you need the versatility which these additional features provide over the standard camera, the Lumix S5 II X Matte Black Video Edition and Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens make an excellent pairing.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.