Panasonic Lumix S5 II with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit
The updated full-frame Panasonic Lumix S5 II camera features a host of upgrades and comes with a 20-60mm and 50mm in this twin lens kit to capture a diverse range of subjects with a fast prime and versatile zoom.
- Thoughtfully combined twin lens kit, which includes a versatile zoom plus a wide aperture standard prime
- Capture everything from epic landscape shots, to high res cityscapes, street photography and video both indoors and out
- Second generation camera with cutting-edge technology and a host of updates to the body, hardwear and software
- Capture professional-level content including 6K video internally, 96 megapixel high res shots and much more
- Features the first ever Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) found in Lumix cameras for best ever AF performance
Panasonic Lumix S5 II with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit Summary
Arriving from Panasonic with key performance upgrades inside and out, the Panasonic Lumix S5 II with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit offers content creators a versatile kit from the outset. The two lenses offer distinct advantages, with a versatile variable aperture compact zoom and a fast 9-bladed wide aperture prime. These are capable of capturing everything from huge landscapes and street photography, to intimate portraits and general shooting, while both excel for video recording, thanks to fast AF and silent operation.
The second generation camera body is a high-performance full-frame hybrid, having been subject to extensive upgrades inside and out. These include a brand new 24 megapixel full-frame sensor alongside a new imaging engine, which was co-developed with Leica. These two components deliver unbeatable performance with the first ever Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus seen in a Lumix camera.
Whether you’re recording 6K 4:2:0 10-bit or 5.9K (16:9) at 30fps internally, or bursting stills at up to 30fps in electronic shutter mode, the Lumix S5 II handles virtually any situation with ease.
Key Panasonic Lumix S5 II Camera Features
- Newly developed 24 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with phase-detect AF points
- First Lumix Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus with 779-area metering
- Co-developed imaging engine from the L2 technology partnership with Leica
- 4:2:0 10-bit 6K (3:2) and 5.9K (16:9) at 30fps and 4:2:2 C4K and 4K at up to 60fps internal
- HFR (High Frame Rate) recording up to 120fps as well as up to 180fps Slow & Quick capture
- 14+ stop V-Log/V-Gamut and new REAL TIME LUT function
- Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope and Zebra Pattern now added following feedback
- Capture 48kHz/24-bit audio and high-resolution 96kHz/24-bit recording with external and XLR microphones
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots support Relay Recording, Backup Recording and Allocation Recording
- Up to 9fps burst in mechanical shutter and 30fps with electronic shutter (up to 300 images)
- 96 megapixel High Resolution Mode
- Dual Native ISO sensitivity for cleaner results
- Upgraded 5-axis image stabilisation system with new Active I.S. for smoother video recording
- Updated ergonomics with new 8-way joystick, expanded drive dial, 3.0-inch free-angle touch-control monitor and large, 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder
- Full-sized HDMI Type-A terminal, high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Wi-Fi 5GHz
- Improved heat dissipation without increasing body size for unlimited recording in key video modes
- Sturdy body made from magnesium alloy die-cast front and rear frames with a splash and dust resistant construction
Key Lumix S 50mm f/1.8 Lens Features
- Excellent sharpness and high resolution
- 9-bladed circular aperture diaphragm renders beautiful bokeh
- Bright f/1.8 aperture provides a shallow depth of field and great low light performance
- Lens measures 82mm long and weighs just 300g, with a compact 67mm filter thread
- Rugged dust/splash resistant design for any outdoor conditions
- Ideal for video creation with adjustable focus ring control setting, fast, accurate autofocus and smooth aperture changes
- Key Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Features
- Versatile zoom range for indoor and outdoor subjects
- Dust, splash and freeze-resistant design
- Excellent close-up performance with 0.43x magnification and 0.15m closest focusing distance
- Ideal for video recording with fast, accurate autofocus and smooth aperture changes
- Outstanding sharpness and resolution throughout the entire zoom range
- Compact 67mm filter thread and lightweight design of just 350g
Panasonic Lumix S5 II with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit in More Detail
May 9th, 2023 new firmware update 2.0 is available for the Lumix S5 II
This provides RAW output over HDMI (Requires Software Upgrade Key DWW-SFU2). In addition to ProRes RAW, Blackmagic RAW is now available for the Panasonic Lumix S5 II and there is also additional support for Atomos Ninja V and Atomos Shogun Connect, on top of existing support for the Ninja V+.
Firmware updates to the external recording devices may be required in order to realise these recording modes. Live View Composite is also available (Pre-installed in the LUMIX S5IIX). All recording mode can be set as follows:
*Please refer to the ATOMOS website for the information on the corresponding firmware version of ATOMOS Ninja V+, ATOMOS Ninja V or ATOMOS Shogun CONNECT.
*Software that supports ProRes RAW is required to edit RAW video recorded with ATOMOS Ninja V+ or ATOMOS Ninja V. Apply the LUT (Look up table) available on the following customer supports site to make the same colour grading as V-Log/V-Gamut
*Please refer to the Blackmagic Design website for the information on the corresponding firmware version of the Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR.
*DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio is required to play back and edit Blackmagic RAW data. DaVinci Resolve Studio is required to deliver projects using Blackmagic RAW data in resolutions over 3840x2160.
*All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
This could just be the perfect time to part exchange your camera and update to the enhanced Lumix S5 II.
Panasonic Lumix S 50mm f/1.8 Lens (S-S50)
The first lens in this twin lens kit is a bright aperture full-frame prime, perfect for a huge variety of subjects from portraits and street photography to video. An advanced optical design within the Lumix S 50mm f/1.8 Lens is made from 9 elements in 8 groups. These include 3 ASPH, 1 ED and 1 UHR lenses to minimise aberrations and ensure superb resolution. The results are spectacular with high sharpness and resolution from the centre to the edges of the frame.
You can enjoy beautiful bokeh from the wide maximum aperture, which features a 9-bladed diaphragm, which provides a wealth of creative opportunities, especially in low light.
Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 L-mount Lens (S-R2060)
The Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 L-Mount lens is a versatile zoom, which is lightweight and compact enough to bring on any adventures. A high quality optical design includes 11 elements in 9 groups, with 2 ASPH, 3 ED and 1 UHR to minimise aberrations and ensure high resolution results.
With an ultra-wide 20mm maximum width the Lumix S 20-60mm is useful for photos and videos, to capture epic grand landscapes, interiors and everyday snapshots. A maximum 0.43x magnification at 0.15m with focal length 26mm and minimum focusing distance of 0.15m (0.4m at 60mm), provides a great lens for close-ups of diverse subjects.
You’ll be able to continue shooting even in harsh conditions, thanks to a dust and splash-resistant construction, which also allow you to shoot in temperatures as low as -10 °C. The Panasonic L-Mount lens offers fast, accurate autofocus and smooth aperture changes, perfect for content creators who capture stills and videos.
Panasonic Lumix S5 II Camera with new AF performance
The L2 Technology partnership formed by LEICA and Lumix has resulted in a new imaging engine being developed, along with a new 24-megapixel sensor. The result is the Lumix S5 II (and simultaneously announced S5 II X) are the first Panasonic Lumix cameras to offer Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF).
The camera uses a new Phase Hybrid AF system which combines PDAF with Contrast Detect AF for fast and dependable autofocus capabilities, while providing 779-area metering and a new Pinpoint AF. This new AF system can detect target subjects in difficult conditions such as low light, or when backlit and once locked on, will continue tracking even with other moving objects in the frame. Continuous AF during zooming1 and AF micro adjustment are also available.
1 Conventional zoom lenses require firmware update to use Continuous AF during zooming.
Versatile video options
The S5 II new engine presents a range of video recording capabilities, including internal:
- 6K 4:2:0 10-bit (3:2) at 30fps
- 5.9K (16:9) at 30fps
- C4K and 4K 4:2:2 at up to 60fps
A new low-profile heat management system has also been developed, which ensures unlimited recording times1 without increasing the size of the camera body. The Lumix S5 II camera body also support HFR (High Frame Rate) recording at up to 120fps and Slow & Quick capture at up to 180fps.
A range of picture profiles provide the ability to record 14+ stops of dynamic range when using V-Log/V-Gamut, as well as a new REAL TIME LUT function. This allows you to upload colour grading LUTs from an SD card which are directly applied in-camera, rather than after recording in post-production.
Features such as Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope and Zebra Pattern have also been added in response to requests from professional users, along with System Frequency (24.00Hz) and Synchro Scan, amongst other pro features.
Audio capabilities have also been enhanced, with clear and realistic 48kHz/24-bit audio, which can be recorded via the built-in mic, or an external microphone. High-resolution 96kHz/24-bit recording is also possible when using external and XLR microphones, bringing the S5 II closer in-line with audio capabilities first introduced on the GH6, simply add the Panasonic DMW-XLR1 XLR Microphone Adaptor for XLR audio capabilities.
1 When the camera is used at recommended operating temperature 0-40 degrees C. 6K and 5.9K at 30p/25p video recording stops once when continuous recording time exceeds 30 minutes if [Thermal Management] is set to [STANDARD].
2 Requires USB-LAN adapter, sold separately.
Professional-level photo and video capabilities
Thanks to a series of new and improved features the Lumix S5 II is capable of delivering truly stunning photo and video performance. Capture all the action with high-speed burst shooting at up to 9fps with mechanical shutter and 30fps when using electronic shutter, for up to 300 images.
High Resolution Mode is available for RAW and JPEG to create astounding 96-megapixel stitched shots, while Dual Native ISO sensitivity minimises noise and provides a maximum ISO of 51200 (up to 204800 when extended).
Brilliant handling for solo creators
A highly refined shooting experience allows creators to achieve excellent results with a more streamlined workflow thanks to features such as AWB Lock, MF Assist (available for both video1 and photo) and a new Live Crop function, which records video footage using the entire sensor surface enabling the user to crop 4K and FHD images afterwards.
A new easy-to-operate 8-way joystick further enhances usability as does the expanded drive dial, 3.0-inch free-angle touch-control monitor and large, 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder.
1 Up to 60p. Does not work in Variable Frame Rate mode.
Enhanced image stabilisation
The Lumix S5 II also boasts an upgraded 5-axis image stabilisation system, to improve handheld shooting across a wide range of conditions and situations. New Active I.S. delivers highly stable video recording by optimising horizontal, vertical and rotational correction, with up to 200%2 improvement compared to conventional stabilisation. Active I.S. is especially effective in what would typically be challenging conditions for handheld shooting, such as recording while using telephoto lenses or while walking.
1 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=200mm when S-E70200 is used. Firmware must be updated to the latest version.
2 Compared with Lumix S5. Focal length 20mm, when using S-R2060.
Robust reliability and better connectivity
The camera is built to robust standards for demanding use in the field, with magnesium alloy die-cast front and rear frames plus a splash and dust resistant1 construction.
Connectivity has been improved over the previous model, with the LUMIX S5II featuring a full-size HDMI Type A terminal, high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 and a cable lock holder to prevent unwanted unplugging. Wireless connectivity has been improved too, adding Wi-Fi 5GHz2 to 2.4GHz, which provides a fast, stable connection with smartphones and tablets. Dual card slots (both UHS-II) support Relay Recording, Backup Recording and Allocation Recording and the 2200mAh high-capacity battery can be recharged via AC or USB.
1 Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
Huge range of accessories
Discover a wide range of Panasonic camera accessories to extend your creative potential, and if you’ve upgraded from the first generation body you can continue using the same batteries, grip, memory cards and other accessories.
- Panasonic DMW-MS2E Stereo Microphone as well as third party mics including the Rode VideoMicro II
- The camera is compatible with UHS-I/UHS-II UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards and UHS-II Video Speed Class 90 standard SDXC Memory Cards.
- Add a spare Panasonic BLK22E Rechargeable Battery (same as S5), which also fits the compatible Panasonic BGS5E Battery Grip
Extensive L-Mount lens line-up
Along with the two included lenses, you’ll discover a diverse range of accessories, users can enjoy building an extensive collection of L mount lenses from Panasonic, Leica, Sigma and third party manufactures such as Laowa. Options include the Lumix S 14-28mm f/4-5.6 Macro Lens, which launched at the same time as this camera and lens kit, with numerous focal lengths, suitable for stills and video capture.
Regular firmware updates to enhance functionality
Panasonic is well known for enhancing camera performance through regular firmware updates and have already announced a pending update, which will add new functions including RAW data output and Live View Composite.
Alongside this standard camera twin lens kit, Panasonic has released a single lens kit and a video-centric X matte black body, which you can learn more about in our Panasonic Lumix S5 II and S5 II X Review. Options include:
- Lumix S5 II Full Camera Body Only
- Lumix S5 II Camera with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit
- Lumix S5 II with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit
- Lumix S5 II X Black Camera Body Only
- Lumix S5 II X Black with Lumix S 20-60mm Lens Kit
- Lumix S5 II X with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit
Panasonic Lumix S5 II Sample photos
Fairground with Panasonic Lumix 70-200mm F4.0 IS S Pro L-Mount Lens @200mm. Camera settings: 1/400 sec. f/4.0. ISO 800
Landscape with Panasonic Lumix 24-105mm F4.0 Macro S L-Mount Lens @68mm. Camera settings: 1/125 sec. f/5.6. ISO 400
Biker with Panasonic Lumix S Pro 24-70mm F2.8 Lens @43mm. Camera settings: 1/800 sec. f/8. ISO 250
Portrait (no lens data) @85mm. Camera settings: 1/20 sec. f/1.8. ISO 100
What’s in the box
- Panasonic Lumix S5 II X Matte Black Video Edition full-frame L-Mount Camera Body
- Body Cap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Cover for the Battery Grip Connector
- Shoulder Strap
- Battery Pack
- AC Adaptor
- USB Connection Cable (A-C)
- Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens for L-Mount
- Panasonic Lumix S 50mm f/1.8 Lens for L-Mount
- Lens Cap x2
- Lens Hood x2
- Lens Rear Cap x2
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Panasonic Lumix S5 II|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 370|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 9|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 102|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 134|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 740|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 779|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 25|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 4|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Panasonic has put together a thoughtfully combined twin lens kit for content creators of all levels with the Panasonic Lumix S5 II camera with 20-60mm and 50mm Twin Lens Kit. The Lumix S 20-60mm offers a versatile zoom with variable aperture, while the S 50mm prime features a bright f/1.8 aperture with 9-bladed diaphragm. Both lenses are dust and moisture resistant to complement the rugged camera, and capable of operating down to -10ºC, perfect for content creators who work indoors and out in the field.
The camera body features the first ever Hybrid Phase Detection Autofocus system, which offers tenacious tracking and best ever AF performance in a Lumix camera. This is made possible through a joint technology venture with Leica in the L2 alliance, which resulted the new imaging processor, which is housed in the heart of the S5 II.
When combined with the newly developed 24MP sensor, you can expect incredibly powerful stills and video capabilities, with upgrades throughout the body, software and internal hardwear. These include improvements to the IS system, reduced rolling shutter, 14+ stops of dynamic range (V-Log) and a veritable shopping list of performance upgrades.
Whether you’re new to the L-Mount, a seasoned user who is upgrading or adding a second camera with additional lenses, this twin lens kit offers outstanding performance for hybrid creators of all levels.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.