Atomos Ninja V+ 8K HDR Monitor-Recorder
This product is no longer available
The next generation Atomos Ninja V+ is a bright 1000 nit 5-inch HDR Monitor-Recorder that captures RAW at up to 8K 30p and includes HDMI 2.0 delivering up to 8K 30p and 4K 120p in Apple ProRes.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- World’s first 8K/30 recording monitor with limitless RAW capabilities directly from the sensor
- Bright, daylight viewing 5” HDR display with 1000 cd/m² brightness
- Flexibility of choosing from multiple codecs including ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNx and H.265
- Log gamma types supported from every major manufacturer with 3D Luts
- Numerous screen tools support pro film making including focus, safe areas and screen calibration
Atomos Ninja V+ Summary
The Atomos Ninja V+ arrives as the world’s first 8K RAW HDR monitor-recorder, building on the success of the award winning Ninja V. The bright 1000 nit monitor delivers up to 8K/30 and 4K/120 continuous recording directly from the sensor in Apple ProRes RAW as well as HD 120 slow motion. If you’re using cameras like the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon R5 and R5 C why not make the most of 8K H.265 with up to 10-bit recording in ProRes 4:2:2. Most major log gamma types with 3D Luts are supported including from Sony, ARRI, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Nikon and RED. An aluminium chassis and Sony L-Series battery complete the package built to withstand everyday film making.
Features at a glance
- Capture limitless RAW at up to 8K/30p
- ProRes raw recording over HDMI up to 8K/30 with the Canon R5 (more camera integrations arriving mid-2021)
- Reveal unseen beauty with continuous HFR up to 120p in 4K RAW
- 1920 x 1080 5” display with 1000 cd/m² brightness for daylight viewing
- HDR display with Atom HDR support for Log inputs and 3D Luts
- HDMI 2.0 offers support for video inputs from a huge range of devices up to 4Kp60 and HD 120p
- Hardware grows with needs via the AtomX expansion for additional connectivity and wireless SYNC
- Flexibility of codec choice from ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNx and H.265
- Record to either 2.5" SSD in Master caddy, SSD mini and CFast II via AtomX CF adaptor
- Compatible with almost any HDMI source camera, including mirrorless and DSLR
Atomos Ninja V+ 8K HDR Monitor-Recorder in More Detail
8K Ready With Canon
The Ninja V+ will record 8K/30p ProRes RAW from the Canon EOS R5 camera via the HDMI 2.0 connection. More camera integrations will be available wide 2021.
4K/120 ProRes RAW with Sony
The Ninja V+ lets you capture content at up to 4K/120 in ProRes RAW for high frame rate video with exceptional image quality. This is a viable alternative to using internal compressed codecs on your camera for high frame rate recording, with less colour compression and subsampling, leading and reduced artefacts and edit limitations.
Fully harness the dynamic range of the sensor
Using the XDCA-FX9 Extension unit and the AtomX SDI module with RAW activation you can see the unseen on the Sony FX6 and FX9. You can also buy the Atomos Ninja V+ Pro Kit with AtomX SDI to unlock the unseen using Sony pro video cameras with 4K/120 recording at up to ProRes RAW from the Ninja V+, with more models to follow. Fully harness the dynamic range of the sensor, capture every motion detail directly via RAW over SDI or HDMI.
- Apple ProRes RAW with 16bit RAW outputs from camera via HDMI and optionally via SDI
- Apple ProRes is the industry standard edit-ready codec from Apple with scalable levels of compression.
- Avid DNx is another industry standard edit-ready codec for Avid editors with scalable levels of compression.
- H.265 (HEVC) also allows you to bake-in LUT’s without the need to colour grade
Sony SLog /SLog2 /SLog3, Canon CLog /CLog2 /Clog3, Arri Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 /LogCEI250 /LogCEI320 /LogCEI400 /LogCEI500 /LogCEI640 /LogCEI800 /LogCEI1000 /LogCEI1280 /LogCEI1600, Panasonic Vlog, JVC JLog1, Red LogFilm /Log3G10 /Log3G12, FujiFilm Flog, PQ (HDR10), HLG, Nikon N-Log
Luna Waveform, RGB Parade and Vecor Scope
Calibrate with the separately available X-Rite i1 Display Pro tool to maintain optimal colour accuracy.
The Ninja V+ supports anamorphic de-squeeze for anamorphic footage with 1.25x, 1.33x, 1.5x,1.8x, 2x.
Focus Peaking and Zebra
Colour selected / threshold setting / colour / Mono / edges only
Action and Graphic with 9 Grid markers
Input/output 24/48KHz audio via HDMI 8 channel 24-bit or SDI 12 channel 24-bit, input dependent. External audio via a 3.5mm Line In/Mic In port.
What’s in the box
- Ninja V +
- EVA Carry case
- 5” Protective Monitor sleeve
- Battery Eliminator
- International DC power supply
- 1 x MasterCaddy II
- QuickStart Guide
Ninja V+ Optional Accessories
Atomos have been working with Canon for two years to bring the world’s first 8K recorder-monitor capable of recording Apple ProRes raw up to 8K/30 or DCI 4K/120 directly from the sensor. It’s not just Canon owners who can benefit today with the Ninja V+ as it also supports just about every gamma input from all major camera manufacturers, making the most of high speed 4K recording without degrading the image with sampling or compression. The new AtomIC3 supports higher frame rates and resolutions which can seamlessly integrate into your existing ProRes RAW or ProRes project timeline.
The bright 1000 nit daylight viewable screen works perfectly for most viewing situations which can also be calibrated, bringing over multiple touchscreen tool capabilities from its predecessor. Custom LUTs are supported along with a shopping list of codecs and gamma types for every manufacturer, providing further benefits for small compact mirrorless and DSLR users. A series of optional modules can be used to upgrade to 12G-SDI input and output as well as USB conversion for streaming up to 1080/60p. The Atomos Ninja V+ is future proof as well as beings today’s most powerful 5” monitor-recorder available in the market.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.