Rode VideoMicro II Compact On-Camera Microphone
The Rode VideoMicro II Compact On-Camera Microphone includes new features for enhanced performance, including a completely redesigned body with unique technology for natural, full-bodied sound.
- Updated mic featuring RØDE’s annular line tube technology for unmatched transparency with natural, full-bodied sound
- Ultra compact and lightweight design for pro-quality audio from virtually any compact, action or mirrorless camera
- Advanced audio from a shotgun condenser microphone with plug-and-play connectivity and ease-of-use
- New highly innovative shock mount system developed to effectively reduce unwanted noise from knocks and vibrations
- Ideal for content creators who work indoors or outside thanks to included deluxe foam and furry windshields for noise protection
Rode VideoMicro II Compact On-Camera Microphone Summary
Following on from the huge success of first generation, is the newly designed Rode VideoMicro II Compact On-Camera Microphone. This ultra-compact 39g mic arrives with new features including a completely redesigned body, with unique technology from Rode, designed to improve the audio quality of your videos.
The second generation microphone maintains iconic features and styling of the original, adding RØDE’s annular line tube technology, which provides unmatched transparency and natural, full-bodied sound. This compact mic captures crystal-clear audio, making it perfect for amateur content creators through to professional filmmakers, who want to enhance the quality of audio without adding unnecessary extra weight and complicated equipment.
Key Rode VideoMicro II Features
- On-camera shotgun microphone for professional grade audio
- Highly directional audio capture from Supercardioid polar pattern
- RØDE’s annular line tube technology delivers unmatched transparency with natural, full-bodied sound
- Superior protection from knocks, bumps and handling noise with HELIX™ isolation mount system
- No batteries required
- No complicated controls, just incredibly easy to use thanks to 3.5mm TRS output with plug-and-play connectivity
- Weighs just 39g with isolation mount
- Rugged, all-metal body made with premium components
- Includes deluxe foam and furry windshields and cables for connecting to cameras and smartphones
- Designed and manufactured in RØDE’s state-of-the-art Australian facilities
Rode VideoMicro II Microphone in More Detail
Compact, Lightweight And Rugged
Weighing just 39g, the VideoMicro II is particularly compact and lightweight, making it ideal for solo filmmakers and anyone shooting with a DSLR and mirrorless cameras, compact and action cameras, as well as smartphones. The mic is super portable, taking up minimal space in a creator kit, camera bag, or your backpack. It is also incredibly tough, designed and made in RØDE’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia using premium components, including a rugged, all-metal body and broadcast-grade capsule.
Plug-in and Capture Pro Audio
The VideoMicro II makes recording professional audio directly to a camera or smartphone incredibly simple. It is a true shotgun condenser microphone, with a supercardioid polar pattern for highly directional audio capture that focuses on what it is pointed at while reducing background noise. The body has been completely redesigned, utilising RØDE’s revolutionary annular line tube technology for unmatched transparency and natural, full-bodied sound. The circuitry has also been overhauled, offering enhanced sensitivity and lower self-noise. The VideoMicro II delivers incredible sound quality unheard of from such a compact form factor, but it is just as simple to use as the original model.
Superior Protection From Knocks, Bumps And Wind Noise
One of the most noticeable new features is the sleek red HELIX™ isolation mount. This highly innovative shock mount system was developed in-house specifically for the VideoMicro II. Featuring a groundbreaking design expertly crafted, solving many of the issues that other shock mounts face when used with compact, lightweight microphones.
The mount is moulded from a single piece of advanced Hytrel® thermoplastic, fully isolating the capsule from vibrations that occur from knocks, bumps and general handling, which can result in rumbles and other audio artefacts in a recording. It is designed to the exact size and weight of the microphone, ensuring optimal stabilisation and acoustic performance, while being super low-profile.
It also features handy cable management slots and a standard mount for attaching to a camera cold shoe, plus a 3/8-inch thread for mounting onto a boompole and other audio accessories. The VideoMicro II also comes with deluxe foam and furry windshields for protection from wind noise, making it suitable for recording in a wide range of environments, indoors or in the elements.
Also included is a 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable for connecting to cameras and a 3.5mm TRS to TRRS cable for connecting to smartphones.
When you invest in Rode audio gear you are joining an extensive ecosystem of accessories, which allow you to get more out of your audio. The Rode VideoMicro II Microphone is compatible with the following optional accessories:
- SC4 – TRS to TRRS Adaptor Cable
- SC11 – Y-Splitter Cable
- DCS-1 – Dual Cold Shoe Mount
- VXLR Pro – female TRS mini-jack to male XLR adaptor
- VXLR+ – VXLR+ Minijack to XLR Adaptor with Power Convertor
What’s in the box
- Rode VideoMicro II
- Helix™ Isolation Mount
- Foam Windshield
- WS12 Furry Windshield
- SC7 TRS to TRRS Patch Cable
- SC13 TRS to TRS Patch Cable
This super compact Rode VideoMicro II captures excellent quality audio for vlogging and filmmaking and can be used with almost any camera thanks to standard plug-and-play connectivity. It’s capable of capturing surprisingly good audio quality whether mounted on a compact action camera or a full size mirrorless and DSLR body.
Not only does the shotgun condenser body feature newly designed technology for even better sound, but the shock mount system reduces unwanted noises from knocks and bumps, even more effectively than the previous integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting system.
The second-gen VideoMicro II also comes with both a foam windshield and furry windshield for reduced noise when recording outside, making this an all-round superb upgrade to the now iconic first generation on-camera microphone. With no batteries required no complicated controls, it is the perfect option for creators who want to instantly elevate their audio quality. The Rode VideoMicro II makes a great choice, whether you’re upgrading from the original or as a brand new ultra compact and lightweight on-camera microphone.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.