Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body
The flagship Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body sports a 32.5 megapixel APS-C sensor, up to 8-stop body stabilisation, Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with deep learning, oversampled 4K/30p video and up to 30fps.
- APS-C format hybrid mirrorless EOS R camera for 1.6x greater reach with flagship stills and video performance
- New 32.5MP sensor, DIGIC X processor and state-of-the-art Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with deep learning subject detection
- Blistering 15fps mechanical and 30fps electronic mode with new pre-shooting RAW burst mode, panorama and auto-level horizon
- Record oversampled 4K/30p video for up to 6-hours, up to 60p slow motion and Canon Log 3 for post processing
- Compatible with full-frame RF and crop RF-S lenses, with up to 7-stops combined stabilisation plus EF lens support
Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body Summary
With the arrival of the Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body the wait is over for photographers seeking the benefits of a mirrorless camera, combined with the advantages an APS-C sensor brings. The R7 is the flagship hybrid camera in Canon’s mirrorless camera range, boasting an all-new 32.5 megapixel APS-C sized sensor, the latest DIGIC X processor and state-of-the-art deep learning Dual Pixel CMOS AF II for class-leading stills and video performance.
Burst up to 15fps in mechanical shutter and up to 30fps in silent electronic shutter mode, with full AF tracking. Harness RAW burst mode with 0.5 seconds pre-shooting to capture every defining moment. This true hybrid camera also brings superb video capabilities for content creators, recording oversampled 4K/30p video and 60p slow motion with Canon Log 3 for the ultimate colour grading opportunities in post.
- New 32.5 megapixel APS-C sized sensor with 1.6x more reach than full-frame
- Cutting-edge DIGIC X processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with deep learning Human (Eyes/Face/Head/Body), Animal, Vehicle subject detection
- Up to 7-stops of image stabilisation combined with RF lenses and 8-stops with RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM
- Continuous shooting up to 30fps in silent electronic shutter mode or 15fps in mechanical
- 651 autofocus zones with almost 100% coverage
- Dual UHS-II Card slots
- 4K video with an oversampled 30fps mode, slow motion 60p and Canon Log 3
- Record movies up to 6 hours maximum duration
- Connectivity through WiFi, USB 3.2 Gen 2 USB Type-C, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2
- Content creator connectivity HDMI Micro out Type D, 3.5mm Stereo mini jack mic socket, 3.5mm Stereo mini jack headphone socket, RS-60E3-type remote control terminal
- Compatible with Multi-Function Shoe Adapter AD-E1 for cable-free accessories
- Weighs just 530g (612g with card + battery) and measures 132.0 x 90.4 x 91.7 mm
- Native support for RF and RF-S lenses, with EF lens through mount adaptors
- Auto-level horizons, first ever panorama mode, panning mode, 0.5 second pre-shooting RAW burst mode
Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body in More Detail
New 32.5 megapixel APS-C format sensor
A new 32.5 megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor with a Low-Pass Filter balances resolution, speed and low-light performance. You can shoot with a native ISO sensitivity of up to ISO 32,000 for stills (extendable to ISO 51,200) in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments and ISO 12,800 (extendable to ISO 25,600) for video. Each of the sensor’s pixels is split into two photo-sites, which facilitates Canon’s legendary Dual Pixel CMOS AF II focusing and Dual Pixel RAW.
Class-leading speed for any subject
Harness ferocious speed capabilities while shooting continuously at up to 15fps in mechanical shutter mode, or 30fps in silent electronic shutter mode, with AE and tracking AF. The EOS R7 body also lets you shoot for longer, thanks to a large buffer and dual high speed UHS-II Card slots, which can be configured to suit various workflows, including second card backup.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II state-of-the-art focusing and tracking
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II is Canon’s highly accomplished AF system, which helps keep your fast-moving subjects pin-sharp. Deep-learning AI recognises Humans (Eyes/Face/Head/Body), Animals (Dogs, Cats and Birds) or Vehicles (Racing cars or Motor bikes), wherever they are in the frame, with smooth and continuous transitions, to follow moving subjects. Dual Pixel CMOS AF works in up to 651 autofocus zones (31 x 21) with virtually 100 per cent frame coverage.
Canon has ported computational technology from cameras like the EOS R5 into the R7, including Dual Pixel RAW, which allows you to adjust sharpness position, bokeh and lighting as well as clarity, after you’ve taken the image. This can dramatically improve images without the need for post processing software, speeding up workflows and enhancing images.
Up to 7 stops of image stabilisation
The EOS R7 includes a 5-axis in-body Image Stabiliser (IBIS) with Sensor Shift technology. This works together with RF lens optical IS to combat camera shake, delivering up to 7 stops stabilisation and up to 8-stops with the RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM. Even when using lenses without IS you will experience highly effective image stabilisation, whether shooting stills or videos.
Panorama and auto-level horizon modes
The EOS R7’s in-body IS (IBIS) can also be used to eliminate wonky horizons and is available in both photo and video modes, whether shooting horizontally or vertically. Auto level can be used at the same time as IBIS and is available in both mechanical and electronic shutter.
Image stabilisation can also be applied while swinging the camera horizontally to create a panorama, which works with any RF, RF-S, EF or EF-S lens.
Advanced video for true hybrid capabilities
Shoot 4K video with an oversampled 30fps mode (from 7K), slow motion 4K/60p, Full HD 120p and separate crop mode movies with Canon Log 3. The R7 camera also supports vertical video for social media sharing and can record for up to 6 hours (excluding High Frame Rate movies) and you can enjoy up to 10x digital zoom for ever closer reach to the subject.
Key movie modes
- 4K UHD, Full HD (16:9)
- 4K/ Full HD: H.265 / HEVC, Audio: AAC / Linear PCM 4K/ Full HD: H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: AAC / Linear PCM
- 4K UHD Fine16 (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (29.97, 25, 23.98 fps) inter frame / light inter frame
- 4K UHD (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (119.9, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.98 fps) inter frame / light inter frame
- 4K UHD Crop (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (59.94, 50 fps) inter frame / light inter frame
- 4K / Full HD Time-lapse (16:9) 3840 x 2160 / 1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25 fps) intra frame17
- Full HD (16:9) 1920 x 1080 (119.9, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.98 fps) inter frame / light inter frame19
- Full HD (16:9) 1920 x 1080 HDR (29.97, 25 fps) inter frame
- 4K UHD / Full HD - YCbCr4:2:0 8-bit or YCbCr4:2:2 10bit (when HDR PQ or CLOG3 is ON)
Get closer to the action
The crop sensor format gives a 1.6x crop factor resulting in more telephoto reach than the same focal length on a full-frame camera. Combined with the blistering speed capabilities the EOS R7 is ideal for sports and wildlife photography, as well as for finding details in landscapes and shooting powerful portraits, video and more.
Versatile lens support
To join the release of this APS-C format mirrorless camera, Canon simultaneously launched two dedicated RF-S lenses, which form a new category in the mirrorless line-up – the RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM and RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM. With the RF mount, you can also make use of any full-frame RF lens and enjoy up to 7-stops combined body/lens image stabilisation. EF DSLR lenses are also supported through a range of mount adapters, including the popular Mount Adapter EF-EOS R and EF-EOS R Control Ring Mount Adapter, enabling existing DSLR shooters to move seamlessly across to the mirrorless EOS R system.
The EOS R7 body helps get your content wherever you need it to be with comprehensive connectivity options. Using WiFi you can upload straight from the camera to Canon’s image.canon cloud, or share images on social media by connecting to your smartphone. Camera connectivity options include WiFi, SuperSpeed Plus USB 3.2 Gen 2 USB Type-C connector, which can be used for computer and smartphone communication and USB power, Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g/n) (2.4 GHz), with Bluetooth 4.2 support to harness Canon's EOS Utility, Smartphone, Upload to image.canon and for wireless printing with Canon printers. The optional USB adapter PD-E1 is required if you wish to charge the battery while in the camera.
Multimedia interfaces include HDMI Micro out (Type D), 3.5mm Stereo mini jack for external microphone In and headphone socket 3.5mm Stereo mini jack for audio monitoring, as well as a remote control terminal (RS-60E3-type).
Canon has incorporated several shooting modes to help creators capture diverse content, including Panorama mode. This harnesses new technology for even better panos, which can be wider than 180º simply by panning your camera. This mode uses subject detection and blur correction to keep subjects tack sharp, even if they are moving across the frame, whilst making use of the 5-axis in-body stabiliser.
Power and memory card options
The Canon EOS R7 has two slots for widely available SD/SDHC/SDXC and fast UHS-II SD cards, which are recommended for 4K video recording and high speed burst rates.
A high capacity LP-E6NH battery is included with the camera which is the same used throughout Canon’s mirrorless range. This delivers Approx. 770 shots when using the LCD and approx. 500 shots with the Viewfinder. The R7 is also backwards compatible with LP-E6N and LP-E6 camera batteries.
Smart viewfinder and articulating LCD screen
A 0.39 inch OLED colour EVF provides 100% view of the scene, using 2.36 Million dots (1024x768) in smooth 119.98fps or energy-saving 59.94 fps. The EVF displays comprehensive shooting information so you’re fully aware of camera settings without needing to move your eye away. The fully articulating 7.5 cm (2.95”) TFT colour touch-screen LCD monitor with 1.62 million dots supports selfie-style shooting for vlogging and gives 100% coverage.
Shoot in a variety of file types from RAW 14 bit: RAW and C-RAW (Canon original RAW 3rd edition) at 6960x4640 pixels. JPEG 8 bit with two compression options and ultra-compressed HEIF 10 bit also with two compression options.
Huge accessory ecosystem
Together with mirrorless and DSLR lens support, the Canon EOS R7 provides access to a huge ecosystem of camera accessories, including Canon flashguns, twin macro lights including MR-14EX II, flash triggers and cable-free multifunction shoe accessories when using the Multi-Function Shoe Adapter AD-E1. The body is also available with a kit lens option in the EOS R7 with RF-S 18-150mm IS STM Lens, which allows you to head straight out and capture your content with a versatile zoom.
What’s in the box
- Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body APS-C format
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E6NH
- Battery charger LC-E6E
- Hand Strap E2
- Shoe cover
Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body Sample Images
EOS R7 with Canon EF 300mm F/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Lens. Camera settings: 1/5300 sec. f/2.8. ISO 640
EOS R7 with Canon EF 300mm F/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Lens. Camera settings: 1/1600 sec. f/2.8. ISO 1600
EOS R7 with Canon RF 100-500mm F/4.5-7.1 L IS USM Lens at 500mm. Camera settings: 1/640 sec. f/7.1. ISO 250
EOS R7 with Canon RF 14-35mm F/4L IS USM Lens at 14mm. Camera settings: 1/2000 sec. f/8. ISO 200
Canon EOS R7 Mirrorless Camera Body Specifications
|Type||Approx. 22.3 × 14.8 mm (APS-C) CMOS|
|Effective Pixels||32.5 MP|
|Total Pixels||34.4 MP|
|Sensor Cleaning||EOS integrated cleaning system|
|Colour Filter Type||Primary Colour|
|Type||Dual Pixel CMOS AF II|
|AF working range||EV -5 – 20 (at 23°C & ISO100)5|
|AF Modes||One Shot|
|Auto Switch (only in A+ mode)|
|Type||0.39 inch OLED colour EVF|
|Dot count||2.36 Million dots (1024x768)|
|Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal)||Approx. 100%|
|Type||7.5 cm (2.95") TFT colour LCD monitor, Approx. 1.62 million dots|
|Viewing Angle horizontally/vertically||Approx. 170° vertically and horizontally|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Canon EOS R7|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 660|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 15|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 33|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 90|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 132|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 612|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: 100 - 32000|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 32000|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 51200|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 100|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 651|
|Number of white balance presets: 6|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 34|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Canon’s market changing announcement of the EOS R7 sets a new direction for their mirrorless camera range. The advantages that an APS-C format camera brings are well known amongst photographers who shoot fast subjects, often at a distance, being smaller, lighter and offering greater reach with a 1.6x crop factor. This has now been combined with the definitive advantages which mirrorless brings, including faster shooting, faster sensor readout speeds, better focusing capabilities and of course a smart EVF screen.
The results are spectacular with Canon including their latest technology throughout the design of the EOS R7, from the DIGIC X processor to the incredibly accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system. You don’t just get access to formidable focusing, tenacious tracking and deep learning subject detection, but also incredibly competent image stabilisation, which results in sharp images and smoother videos whatever the lighting conditions.
Video capabilities in the R7 are designed to accommodate advanced hybrid shooters as well as vloggers and solo film makers, with the inclusion of Canon Log 3 and a suite of recording formats such as oversampled 4K/30p. Canon also included enviable computational photography features such as auto horizon correction, panorama mode, pre-shooting mode and Dual Pixel RAW processing, to ensure this camera body delivers flagship features for any type of creator. Whether you’re a DSLR shooter, existing mirrorless user who wants to upgrade, or need a second body which allows you to use virtually any lens in Canon’s stable, the R7 is the camera you’ve been waiting for.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.