Canon RF 24-105mm Lens f/4 L IS USM
Featuring fast, silent, Nano USM technology, this RF 24-105mm f/4 wide-angle zoom is a small, general-purpose lens with 5-stops of image stabilisation, perfect for both filmmakers and photographers.
- A particularly useful general purpose zoom range from wide to telephoto
- 5-stops of image stabilisation improving results when shooting handheld
- Fast, smooth and quiet Nano USM focusing
- Excellent balance between performance, portability and image quality
- Aspherical and UD lens elements render sharp results and compensate for distortion
Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Lens Summary
The Canon RF 24-105mm L Series Zoom lens is a great general purpose, practical and professional zoom lens for everyday photography and filmmaking.
The fast, silent, Nano USM technology and 5-stops of image stabilisation make this a perfect lens for filmmakers and photographers alike.
- Legendary L-series image quality for outstanding detail, depth and sharpness
- Smart, professional design, built to take with you everywhere, everyday
- Great for general handheld use with 5-stops of image stabilisation
The RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM lens picked up the prestigious ‘Best Product’ award from EISA 2019-2020. This demonstrates the success of the newer Canon RF lens design, capitalising on decades of optical experience combined with close focus distance afforded by Canon mirrorless camera designs.
Whilst the RF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens offers users one stop brighter aperture, it comes at a cost and focal range penalty. With a longer 24-105mm zoom range this general purpose lens strikes an excellent balance between image quality, performance and versatility. What’s more it is lighter, includes stabilisation and of course still boats L-series quality and durability.
A harmony of portability and performance
A 24-105mm zoom covers wide-angle, standard and telephoto focal lengths. A 5-stop image Stabiliser preserves sharpness in low light, while Nano USM focusing benefits photographers and filmmakers.
A great lens for...
The RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM is great for sharp, shake-free portraits thanks to a 5-stop image Stabiliser. Change focal length quickly without changing exposure, thanks a constant f/4 maximum aperture.
The RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM is a popular choice and perfect for bloggers, hobbyists and photo enthusiasts. A Lens Control ring provides a tactile and intuitive way to adjust camera settings and intuitive way to adjust camera settings.
Clearly a great performer
Aspherical and UD lens elements ensure excellent sharpness, which is preserved even when shooting handheld in low light, thanks to a 5-stop image Stabilizer. Aspherical lens elements help to compensate for distortion and spherical aberrations plus allow a compact design.
Focus accurately and in virtual silence using Nano USM autofocus. Photographers will appreciate the speed with which critical sharpness is found, while filmmakers will love the smooth, steady focus transitions that this cutting-edge technology enables.
Any time, any place, anywhere
As an L-Series lens, the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM features the kind of robust, weather-sealed construction that inspires confidence. Fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens elements makes them easy to clean. This is truly a practical lens meant for travel.
What’s in the box
- RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
- Lens Cap E-77 II
- Lens Dust Cap D1
- Bayonet Hood EW-83N
- Drawstring soft pouch LP1319
- Canon 77mm Protect Filter - keeps the front element protected from dirt and knocks
- Tiffen 77mm Variable Neutral Density filter - A useful VND for movie making in bright light as well as creative long exposure photography
- Polar Pro Peter McKinnon Variable Neutral Density Filter Signature Edition II - for the ultimate quality in VND’s from this Youtube photography celebrity
CANON RF 24-105MM LENS F/4 L IS USM SPECIFICATIONS
Standard Zoom Full Frame
f/4 - f/22
5-stop Image Stabiliser
Minimum Focus Distance
Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl)
74° - 19°20',
53° - 13°,
84° - 23°20'
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
83.5 x 107.3mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 84|
|Length (mm): 107|
|Weight (g): 700|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 105 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 105.0|
|Maximum magnification: 0.240|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4.00|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24.0|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.45|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22.00|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Aspherical + UD elements, Air Sphere and fluorine coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
With the RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Canon has created an excellent everyday lens to accompany any RF mirrorless camera, striking a balance between performance, portability and image quality. It’s perfect for photographers and filmmakers with 5-stops of image stabilisation and a very useful zoom range for any subject. Whether you shoot portraits, landscapes or are looking for an all-in-one high quality travel lens, this award winning option ticks all the boxes.
With a compact design weighing just 700g the lens handles extremely well on cameras such as the EOS R5 and Canon R6 and capitalises on a combination of camera IBIS and IS in the lens. Photographers will appreciate the AF speed thanks to Nano USM autofocus and Fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens elements make this a practical lens to maintain. We can’t think of any better all round wide to telephoto lenses available making this a brilliant choice for Canon users of any level.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.