Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens
The Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM lens provides silent autofocus, 5.5-stop stabilisation and crystal clear results thanks to aspherical and UD elements, perfect for landscape, architecture and video.
- Compact and lightweight ultra wide-angle zoom lens with constant aperture throughout the range
- Sharp and clear results for both stills and video thanks to thanks to aspherical and UD elements
- 5.5-stops of image stabilisation rising to 7-stops when paired with an IBIS enabled camera
- Smooth, silent and near instant AF from the Nano USM motor well suited to vlogging and video
- Pro level features include a lens control ring, Canon’s flare and ghosting coating and weather sealing
Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens Summary
Full frame mirrorless shooters have a new highly compact ultra wide-angle zoom to choose with the Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens. Weighing just 540g and measuring 99.8mm this compact model is considerably smaller and lighter than it’s big brother the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM. With this type of focal length you’ll be capturing amazingly sharp landscapes, architecture, videos and even travel images. Extremely sharp, crystal clear results are rendered by a lens design which includes aspherical and UD elements. Adding in silent autofocus and 5.5-stops of image stabilisation ensures the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM well suited to enthusiasts and professionals alike.
Features at a glance
- Ultra wide-angle 14-35mm with constant aperture
- 5.5-stops of stabilisation for shake-free images
- Aspherical and UD elements deliver exceptionally sharp results
- Smooth, fast and silent AF operation from Nano USM motor
- Sub wavelength structure coating prevents flare and ghosting
- Lens Control Ring gives control over ISO, aperture and other functions
Canon’s Nano USM motor technology provides quick and silent AF when paired with EOS R mirrorless cameras, making this lens a great choice for vlogging and videography. Stills and video shooters have come to rely on Canon’s excellent stabilisation and the RF 14-35mm f/4L will deliver up to 7-stops when paired with IBIS enabled cameras like the EOS R5 and EOS R6.
Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens in More Detail
Ultra-wide zoom lens
This is one of Canon’s most compact ultra wide zooms for EOS R cameras that combines excellent optical performance with portability. This naturally lends itself to landscapes, architecture, travel and video capture. A convenient 77mm filter thread provides a commonly found size for adding lens filters to this model.
Constant F4 aperture
The F/4 maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range, so there is no variation in shutter speed or ISO when you need control over the light. You can also dial it down to f/22 for extra depth of field control if required.
Excellent optical quality
This ultra wide lens employs a combination of aspherical elements for sharpness as well as UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) elements with Canon’s renowned ASC and SWC coatings. This enables users to capture sharp, clear stills and footage every time.
The RF 14-35mm seeks to deliver steady shots every time even when used handheld in low light. A native 5.5-stop Image Stabiliser technology increases to 7-stops with cameras equipped with IBIS.
Responsive and precise AF
Everyone can enjoy the rapid, accurate focusing thanks to a Nano USM motor. This technology ensures near instant and silent autofocus with exceptional smoothness. At these focus speeds the lens is ideal for vlogging and videographers as well as stills photographers.
Intuitive lens control ring
Like many Canon mirrorless lenses, the RF 14-35mm F/4L IS USM also features a customisable Lens Control Ring. This gives instant fine tuning of ISO, aperture or changing AF mode without taking your eye off the scene so you’ll never miss a moment.
Legendary durable L-series quality
Shoot confidently in all conditions as this lens bears the L-series mark of quality. This provides users with weather-sealing and fluorine coatings on front and rear elements for optimal dust and moisture resistance.
What’s in the box
- Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens
- Lens Cap E-77 II
- Lens hood EW-83P
- Lens case/pouch LP1219
- Rear Cap Lens Dust Cap RF
- Canon 77mm Protect Filter - simple and effective, this filter will protect the front lens element
- B+W 77mm XS-Pro K - a high quality CPL for outdoor users
- Peter McKinnon VND Filter Signature Edition II 77mm 6-9 stop - famed for delivering high quality variable neutral density without fuss for video and long exposures
- Peter McKinnon VND Filter Signature Edition II 77mm 2-5 stop - as above for less bright conditions
Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens Sample images
Mounted on Canon EOS R5. Lens at 14mm. Camera settings: 1/5300 sec. f/8. ISO 400
Mounted on Canon EOS R5. Lens at 14mm. Camera settings: 1/800 sec. f/4. ISO 800
Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens Specifications
|Image size||Full Frame|
|Angle of view||104°00′ – 54°00′|
|(horzntl, vertl, diagnl)||81°00′ – 38°00′|
|114°00′ – 63°00′|
|Special optics||3 x GMo Aspherical,|
|3 x UD (1 element both UD / Aspherical)|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9|
|Maximum magnification (x)||0.38 (35mm)|
|Image stabilizer OIS1||5.5|
|IBIS x OIS1|
|AF actuator||Nano USM|
|Coatings||ASC, Super Spectra, SWC|
|Offers: Trade In Bonus|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: 5.5 stops|
|Diameter (mm): 84|
|Length (mm): 100|
|Weight (g): 540|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: Yes|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 14 - 35 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 77 mm|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Canon RF|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 0.38|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/4|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 14|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.2|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/22|
|Motor type: Ultrasonic|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 UD + 3 aspherical elements, Super Spectra + Sub-wavelength Structure + Air Sphere coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Zoom lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Canon EOS R users are discovering a growing number of options for this now well established mirrorless camera system. This RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM adds another option for predominantly outdoor photographers and videographers, with a more compact and portable design than the f/2.8 alternative. That’s not to say this lens can’t be used for interiors or other indoor subjects where it also excels thanks to highly competent image stabilisation and extremely sharp results. This allows for hand held photos and video to be captured even in low light, with up to 7-stops of anti-shake advantage.
Those making use of Canon’s class leading autofocus will enjoy blisteringly quick and silent results from this lens, further appealing to vloggers and video makers. Canon tends to add their time saving control ring to new glass and the RF 14-35mm f/4L also has this handy feature, allowing you to change primary settings whilst keeping your eye on the subject. Other pro level features include a host of special lens elements for sharp results across the zoom range, along with well controlled flare and ghosting from optical coatings on the front and rear elements. Topping off the L-series moniker comes a healthy consideration to weather resistance, perfect for those who do enjoy this lens in the great outdoors.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.