Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera Body
The compact Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera Body is the perfect all-rounder with a 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor, oversampled 4K/30p video, subject detection AF and up to 30fps RAW burst mode with AF tracking.
- Ultra lightweight APS-C format camera with hybrid capabilities, ideal for anyone considering a mirrorless system
- 24.2 megapixel stills and beautiful oversampled 4K/30p movies as well as slow motion up to 120p in Full HD
- Fast DIGIC X processor works alongside cutting-edge Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with deep learning AI subject recognition
- Shoot at amazingly fast frame rates up to 15fps in mechanical shutter mode or 23fps with the electronic shutter
- Attach a wide range of lenses from full-frame RF mirrorless lenses to new crop RF-S lenses and even EF DSLR with a converter
Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera Body Summary
The Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera Body features a 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor for 1.6x crop with greater reach than full-frame. This newly developed format makes a great all-round hybrid camera for anyone coming from a smartphone, or upgrading from a DSLR. Shoot at fast speeds of up to 15fps in mechanical shutter mode or 23fps with the full sensor in silent electronic shutter mode, using Canon’s legendary AF system Dual Pixel CMOS AF II. You can even burst to 30fps with a slight image crop keeping up with the fastest moving subjects.
The R10 records high quality oversampled 4K/30p video, as well as slow motion at up to 120p in Full HD. Movies can be captured for up to two hours maximum duration, and everything is handled by Canon’s cutting-edge DIGIC X processor, previously reserved for professional mirrorless Canon cameras. Content can be shared to social media from the EOS R10 camera using canon.image cloud with Wi-Fi, or via your smartphone. Canon also included new photo modes to make it easier than ever to be creative in completely new ways, from a camera body which weighs just 382g.
- 24.2MP APS-C sensor with 1.6x more telephoto reach and native ISO 100-12800
- Ultra-fast DIGIC X processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with deep learning Human (Eyes/Face/Head/Body), Animal, Vehicle subject detection
- 15fps in mechanical shutter burst shooting, or 23fps full sensor / 30fps crop in silent electronic shutter
- 651 autofocus zones with 100% coverage
- Single UHS-II Card slot
- Oversampled 4K/30p video from 6K data, 4K/60p cropped footage as well as 120p Full-HD
- Record movies up to 2 hours maximum duration
- Connectivity through WiFi, USB 3.2 Gen 2 USB Type-C, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2
- Featherweight 382g (429g with card + battery) and measures 122.5 x 87.8 x 83.4mm
- Native support for RF and RF-S lenses, with EF lens using Canon lens mount adaptors
- Panoramic shot mode, in-camera depth compositing (focus stacking) and 4K UHD Time-lapse
Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera Body in More Detail
New format APS-C sensor
The EOS R10 is one of two APS-C format EOS R cameras at the time of launch. The cropped sensor size is perfect for finding landscape details, for travelling, or getting closer to wildlife with 1.6x more telephoto reach than the same focal length lens on a full-frame camera. The R10 sensor delivers a wide ISO range for shooting in varied lighting conditions, from ISO 100-32000, which can be expanded to 512007 down to an impressive EV-4.
Focus on any subject
Keeping subjects pin-sharp by tracking them with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, which features deep-learning AI to recognise Humans (Eyes/Face/Head/Body), Animals (Dogs, Cats and Birds) or Vehicles (Racing cars or Motor bikes), wherever they are in the frame. Dual Pixel CMOS AF works in up to 651 autofocus zones with virtually 100 per cent frame coverage so you capture the shot.
Super-fast burst shooting
The EOS R10 can shoot continuously at 15fps in mechanical shutter mode, or burst up to 23/30fps with silent electronic shutter. This allows you to photograph fast-moving subjects with high-speed image bursts to freeze them and reveal unseen detail. The buffer lets you shoot continuously for 60 JPEG or 29 RAW images in mechanical and 70 JPEG or 21 RAW images in electronic.
One hybrid camera for photos and videos
The EOS R10 captures superb 4K/30p footage by oversampling 6K sensor data, with beautiful results, using HDR PQ for 4K UHD / Full HD 4:2:2 10bit. 4K 60p footage as well as Full-HD at up to 120p can also be captured, making this a powerful tool for anyone who wants to shoot video as well as photographs. The following MP4 movie types are available in-camera:
- 4K UHD, Full HD (16:9)
- 4K/ Full HD: H.265 / HEVC, Audio: AAC / Linear PCM 4K/ Full HD: H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: AAC / Linear PCM
- 4K UHD Fine (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (29.97, 25, 23.98 fps) inter frame / light inter frame15
- 4K UHD Crop (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (59.94, 50 fps) inter frame / light inter frame
- 4K / Full HD Time-lapse (16:9) 3840 x 2160 / 1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25 fps) intra frame16
- Full HD (16:9) 1920 x 1080 (119.9, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.98 fps) inter frame / light inter frame17
- Full HD (16:9) 1920 x 1080 HDR (29.97, 25 fps) inter frame
Support for virtually any Canon lens
Canon simultaneously launched two dedicated RF-S lenses to join the release of this APS-C format mirrorless R10 camera, which can be purchased in lens kits. Choose from the R10 with RF-S 18-45mm IS STM Lens or R10 with RF-S 18-150mm IS STM Lens depending on your shooting style.
With the RF mount you can also use any full-frame RF lens. EF DSLR lenses are also supported through mount adapters, including the Mount Adapter EF-EOS R and EF-EOS R Control Ring Mount Adapter, enabling existing DSLR shooters to move seamlessly across to the mirrorless EOS R system.
The EOS R10 will help you to get your content where it needs to be, wherever you are. Upload straight from the camera to the canon.image cloud with Wi-Fi, or connect to your smartphone for sharing to social media. A comprehensive range of connectivity is available on the body, which includes:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 USB Type-C connector for computer and smartphone communication as well as USB power.
- Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g/n) (2.4 GHz), with Bluetooth 4.2 support EOS Utility, Smartphone, Upload to image.canon, Wireless printing
- HDMI Micro out (Type D) External Microphone In (3.5mm Stereo mini jack) RS-60E3-type terminal (remote control terminal)
New shooting technologies
The EOS R10 Panoramic Shot mode allows you to capture stunning panorama photos covering a huge angle quickly and easily. As the camera is panned it combines the images, merging them together to create a final panoramic photograph. You can choose the direction of movement – up, down, left or right and Canon lenses with built in optical image stabilisation (IS) will reduce any blurring from camera movement.
When depth of field is limited, the EOS R10 lets photographers extend and control the depth of field by shooting multiple images at different distances, then merging these using in-camera depth compositing. The results can be seen immediately, so users can get the perfect outcome with focus stacking technology.
Battery and memory card
The Canon EOS R10 has a single SD memory card slot for SD/SDHC/SDXC and fast UHS-II cards, perfect for 4K video and fast burst rates.
A single lightweight 1040 mAh Canon LP-E17 battery is included with the camera body, which is used to power previous DSLR and mirrorless cameras. This delivers Approx. 430 shots when using the LCD and approx. 260 shots with the Viewfinder.
EVF (electronic viewfinder) and articulating LCD
A 0.39 inch OLED colour EVF provides 100% view of the scene, using 2.36 Million dots (1024x768) in two modes, with either Power saving 59.94fps or Smooth 119.98 fps. The EVF displays a range of shooting information so you can see camera settings without needing to move your eye away. The fully articulating 7.5 cm (2.95”) TFT colour LCD monitor with approximately 1.04 million dots supports selfie-style shooting for vlogging and gives you 100% coverage of the scene. There’s also a built-in flash with a. 5 sec recycle time to light your subjects from the camera.
Image file types
Three file types in various sizes up to 6000x4000 are supported by the Canon R10, including:
- RAW 14 bit: RAW and C-RAW (Canon original RAW 3rd edition)
- JPEG 8 bit: 2 compression options
- HEIF 10 bit: 2 compression options
Processing with image.canon cloud
Achieve the ultimate in image quality by using image.canon cloud to process RAW files from the EOS R10. More natural looking JPEG and HEIF image files can also be achieved with advanced noise and moire reduction.
Wide range of accessories
Together with support for various lenses, the Canon EOS R10 lets you shoot virtually any subject with Canon accessories. This includes adding an external Canon fit flashgun like the popular Speedlite EL-100, shooting remotely with the BR-E1 Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control or capturing audio with the Stereo Microphone DM-E100.
What’s in the box
- Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless APS-C Camera Body
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17
- Battery charger LC-E17E
- Hand Strap E2
- Shoe cover ER-SC2
Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera Sample Images
EOS R10 with Canon RF-S 18-150mm IS STM Lens at 35mm. Camera settings: 1/30 sec. f/5. ISO 1600
EOS R10 with Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens at 18mm. Camera settings: 1/100 sec. f/5.6. ISO 100
EOS R10 with Canon RF-S 18-150mm IS STM Lens at 35mm. Camera settings: 1/2000 sec. f/5.6. ISO 12800
EOS R10 with Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens at 18mm. Camera settings: 1/1000 sec. f/5.6. ISO 100
Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera Specifications
|Type||Approx. 22.3 x 14.9 mm (APS-C) CMOS|
|Sensor Cleaning||EOS integrated cleaning system|
|Colour Filter Type||Primary Colour|
|Focal Length||Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens with RF/RF-S and EF/EF-S lenses|
|Image Stabilisation||Lens/Digital only|
|Type||Dual Pixel CMOS AF II|
|AF System/Points||With Area 100% horizontal and 100% vertical|
|AF Working Range||EV-4 – 20 (at 23°C & ISO100)4|
|AF Modes One Shot|
|Auto Switch (only in A+ mode)|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Canon EOS R10|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 450|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 15|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 123|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 426|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: 100 - 32000|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 32000|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 51200|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 100|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 651|
|Number of white balance presets: 6|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 26|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Until Canon launched the EOS R10 which arrived with the new Canon EOS R7 camera, previous mirrorless models have all been designed around a full-frame sensor. This radical departure affords photographers and video creators the opportunity to pack far lighter equipment, with more compact lenses, which provide even greater telephoto reach than a full-frame camera.
This helps keep the R10 weight to a featherweight 429g, yet it packs advanced technology to make sure you capture the shot you’re after, or the movie scene you’ve been waiting for. You can track a range of subjects using Canon’s advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, which acquires the human eye, faces, animals and vehicles. This helps to get subjects in focus wherever they are in the frame, at fast shooting rates of 15fps in mechanical mode to 30fps using a crop of the sensor, or 23fps with the full sensor, all powered by the cutting-edge DIGIC X processor.
Creative options are further enhanced by almost limitless lens options, from new APS-C format RF-S lenses, to full-frame RF lenses and even DSLR lenses, using a conversion adapter. This allows you to build a formidable system to grow your skills and create amazing photos, 4K movies, slow motion content, panoramas and virtually anything you can think of, all with one camera.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.