Sony A1 Fujifilm GF100S And X-E4 Accessories
With lockdown in the UK due to end soon we thought it was the perfect time to put forward some of the best Manfrotto accessories for the huge camera releases we’ve seen so far in 2021. New models include the flagship Sony A1 camera, Fujifilm’s medium format flagship GF100S camera and the compact kid on the block X-E4 also from Fujifilm.
With such formidable camera bodies being released by two of our favourite brands, the good people at Manfrotto have suggested some excellent accessories to make the most of owning any of these cameras.
Manfrotto is one of the best loved designers of high quality camera accessories, making them particularly well placed to make these recommendations. And of course they’re Italian and we all love Italian design flair, so read on if you are lucky enough to have or be waiting for one of these new cameras.
Sony Alpha 1 Camera Accessories
With the release of the most badass camera Sony has ever made here are some accessories which will take owning this body to a new level.
- The Lowepro ProTactic BP 450 AW II is a high-performance modular photo backpack designed for bigger camera bodies and whole lot more besides. Manfrotto took customer feedback and mixed it with their own science to add a whole host of improvements with the second generation. It includes a more adaptive interior, multiple access points, modular attachment points, utility belt and utility pouch, water bottle holder, tripod cup and two Quick Straps.
- Gitzo Mountaineer Series 3, 4 Section Carbon Fibre Tripod It may be a mouthful to say but it’s a flagship tripod from Gitzo which is fitting for the A1. There’s too many features to list but if you want the ultimate lightweight travel friendly tripod which offers rock solid support then look no further.
- A Manfrotto Gimbal 460 Stabiliser Kit with 3 Axis motor-lock design enables Vloggers and film makers to finely balance and support their A1 when making movies. Controlled on either the LCD touch screen or from the App this gimbal does it all with TikTok Portrait, Selfie, Inception and Time-lapse settings.
- For wildlife and bird photographers the Gitzo Gimbal Fluid Head delivers smooth movements with whip panning and an and Arca-Swiss type plate. With 50 megapixels at 30fps to play with we are certain the A1 will be spotted out in the wild numerous times.
Fujifilm GFX 100S Camera Accessories
Fujifilm’s flagship GFX 100 went on a serious diet resulting in the gorgeous 100S body. It does just about everything whilst knocking your socks off with 100 megapixels resolution. If you're lusting after one of these I hear you. If you have one of these then why not add on some of these accessories;
- Manfrotto Befree GT XPRO Carbon Fibre Tripod Kit. This Swiss army knife of a tripod has been designed primarily for macro photographers to take travelling. As soon as we are allowed to travel I am certain many of us will venture out this spring, which is the perfect time to start making macro images. Naturally you can make any type of images when your GFX 100S is mounted on this excellent tripod, and it’s fully compatible with Manfrotto RC2 and Arca-Swiss plates which is a nice touch.
- Sticking with the travel theme the Lowepro Whistler 350 BP AW II Backpack is the updated version of an outdoor favourite. This pack has been designed to protect any gear against the harshest conditions whether that be snow, rain, dust, sand or wet. With landscapes in mind we’re sure plenty of GFX 100S users will be more than happy to stow their equipment securely in this excellent bag.
- If time-lapse and motion control is your thang give the Syrp Genie Mini II some serious consideration. With Cinematic 4K and such high resolution stills the GFX 100S is designed to wow us and there’s no better way to do that than with motion control. Whether you love astro photography, 360’s, time-lapse, moving video, products or panoramas the Mini II can do it all.
- If you want to be ready to shoot at a moment’s notice or simply don’t want to bring a big pack, then the Lowepro Photo Active TLZ 50 AW is right up your street. The TLZ 50 is perfect for stowing the body with any G lens and fits them all right up to the beast known as the GF 250mm.
Best accessories for the Fujifilm X-E4
The ultra compact and super stylish Fujifilm X-E4 is a stunner and packs a punch far above its weight, unlike these accessories which make the most of its’ compact form factor.
- You can never have too many memory cards so why not keep them organised in the Lowepro GearUp Memory Card Wallet 20. With Book style opening you can access your 20 cards and organise them for a quick changeover. Very useful indeed.
- For anyone on the move the Joby Gorillapod 3K Pro Kit is perfect. It’s compact, lightweight and will support your X-E4 and attached lens on virtually anything while you make gorgeous photos, movies and time lapses.
- if you want a more stable support then look no further than the Manfrotto Befree 3-Way Live Advanced Aluminium Tripod kit. This is an excellent option designed for anyone making photos and movies who might like to travel as well. The tech team have made it sturdy, easily foldable and smooth with fluid movements so it really can do the job properly.
- We love the GearUp Creator Box M II with fast, secure and organised storage for absolutely everything. this travel organiser / packing case stores and protects mirrorless cameras, other digital devices, cables, accessories and all those knick knacks we all need.
Thank you Manfrotto for designing us these awesome accessories perfectly suited to each camera and we hope our readers find this post useful. Our blog also delves into each of these cameras in detail for those who want to read all about specs and more:
By Nick Dautlich