Gitzo GT3542 Mountaineer Series 3 4-Section Carbon Fibre Tripod
The Gitzo Mountaineer Tripod Series 3, with 4 Sections is designed to provide photographers with a lightweight, travel-friendly sturdy carbon fibre system. Max payload is 21kg whilst only weighing 1.86kg
Gitzo Mountaineer Tripod Series 3, 4 Sections GT3542
Series 3 is the most rigid in the Gitzo Mountaineer series of Gitzo carbon fibre tripods. Scaled for professional equipment, including medium format cameras and DSLRs with 300mm lens (400mm maximum), the Carbon eXact tubes and new design features of Series 3 Mountaineer tripods offer increased rigidity yet reduced weight. Habing 4 Sections allows the photographer to pack smaller and travel faster with a closed length of only 54cm despite the excellent 21kg payload.
The latest series of Mountaineer tripods maintain the lightweight characteristics of preceding Carbon 6X models, but are even stiffer, thanks to the fibre composition of our Carbon eXact tubing and tube dimension optimisations that include larger diameters of lower leg sections.
New Mountaineer tripods feature G-lock Ultra, a redesigned version of Gitzo tripods signature leg lock system G-lock. G-lock Ultra has even more comfortable operation and reduced risk of debris entering the tubes and locking mechanisms. It is fine-tuned for the smaller differences in tube diameter between leg sections ofCarbon eXact tubes, contributing to increased stiffness of the legs.
The Ground Level Set mechanism, which lets the photographer remove the centre column to get the camera closer to the ground, has been completely redesigned for faster operation. A single simple unlocking ring under the column's upper disc frees the column while keeping the upper disc solidly in place on the tripod, with no need to unscrew and re-fit the upper disc and hook as in previous versions.
Key Mountaineer Tripod Series 3, 4 Section Specifications (GT3542)
- Weight: 1.86KG
- Maximum Height: 134cm
- Maximum Height centre column extended: 162cm
- Top attachment: 1/4” screw and 3/8” screw
- Leg sections: 4
- Closed length: 54cm
- Minimum height: 15cm
- Maximum payload: 21kg
|Offer Category: Tripods|
|Offer Product Type: Carbon Fibre Tripods|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Carry bag: N/A|
|Closed length (mm): N/A|
|Includes Head: N/A|
|Head type: N/A|
|Leg lock type: N/A|
|Leg sections: N/A|
|Tripod Load capacity (kg): N/A|
|Tripod Material: N/A|
|Max height (mm): N/A|
|Min height (mm): N/A|
|Tripod Type: N/A|
|Leg angles (deg): N/A|
|Angle adjustable legs: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.