Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera Silver Chrome
Capture life with the iconic Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera in Silver Chrome, which combines a new 60MP full frame sensor, Triple Resolution Technology with enhanced technology in a classic design.
- The most capable and durable Rangefinder heralding a new era of connected M system cameras
- New compositional opportunities from an ultra high full frame CMOS sensor with Triple Resolution Technology
- The latest Maestro III processor along with optimised menu and button design delivers a familiar yet improved
- Classic Silver Chrome finish, magnesium and brass full-metal housing and durable Gorilla Glass touchscreen
- Capturing and sharing images is easier than ever with iPhone and iPad integration via WiFi, Bluetoo
Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera in Silver Chrome Summary
The latest iteration in the iconic M-system line-up arrives with this Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera in Silver Chrome with full-metal housing made of magnesium and brass and a leatherette cover. Leica includes the most powerful capabilities found in any Rangefinder to date, with an exclusively designed full-frame BSI CMOS Sensor powered by the Maestro III image processor. New Triple Resolution Technology enables the user to capture images using the entire sensor surface, irrespective of format, in resolutions of 60 megapixels, 36MP and 18MP.
Image quality is further enhanced by the removal of the low pass filter for maximum sharpness, and Digital 1.3x and 1.8x Zoom is available to maximise the potential of attached M-mount lenses.
Gorilla Glass is used on a 2.95-inch touch control LCD panel, which has 2.3 million dots, while an optimised menu and button layout make it easier to navigate menus and adds a FN button for quicker operation.
- Exclusively designed full-frame back illuminated CMOS Sensor
- Triple Resolution Technology with 60 meg
- New RGB colour filter technology
- Dual layer UV/IR absorption filter glass
- Maestro III processor
- More scratch resistant iconic deep black finish with brass top cover in silver chrome
- Better battery performance with 64% greater capacity and efficient energy consumption
- Dual Memory with Internal 64GB storage and high speed UHS-II SD Card slot
- Direct access to battery, SD-Card and USB-C port
- Enhanced Touch Display
- Optimised button and menu layout like SL2 and Q2 Compact with FN button and fast operation
- iPhone and iPad
See 100% crop photo samples and more specifications in our Leica M11 review here.
Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera Silver in More Detail
Next Generation Image Quality
With an all-new sensor and completely new technology, the Leica M11 is a camera with refined imaging capabilities and future-proof technology. A native IS0 64 to 50,000 defies the compact size of the camera, with resulting images being well controlled for noise and showing a wide dynamic range. This enables you to shoot in extremely varied lighting conditions, from bright daylight with smooth noise-free details at low ISO values, to low light situations at high values.
Triple Resolution Technology promises incomparable levels of image quality from the full colour sensor, opening up entirely new possibilities in composition with a choice of resolutions, which all harness the entire sensor surface area. Shooting in up to 60 megapixels delivers the highest resolutions ever seen from an M system camera, with options to capture 36 and 18 megapixels.
Advanced metering features
Exposure metering is done by the image sensor for all exposure metering methods, both in Live View mode and in rangefinder mode. TTL (exposure metering through the lens), with working aperture is offered. Users can choose from Spot, Centre-weighted and Multi-field metering, with Aperture priority and Manual modes available.
Leica M Lens Ecosystem
With countless lenses available for the Rangefinder system users are spoilt for choice when choosing their next focal length. What’s more, any lens constructed from 1954 through to today can still be used without compromise. This means you can scour for available used Leica lenses as well as the most recently released M lenses and enjoy the art of photography with a whole world of creative freedom, which a Rangefinder provides.
Accompanying the launch of the new camera are a series of accessories aimed at enhancing the ownership and shooting experience. Leica has designed half-cases, straps and batteries, which cater for the two camera finishes available.
Perhaps the most essential accessory will be the Visoflex 2 Electronic Viewfinder, which provides three angles with a high resolution OLED screen. The M11 Leather Protector in Cognac is a personal favourite, while an M11 Thumb Rest adds to user ergonomics. If you’re a flash user the accessory shoe SF 40 Flashgun or larger Leica SF 60 both harness centre-weighted TTL at up to 1⁄180s.
Leica FOTOS app and Latest Connectivity
The M11 belies its traditional appearance with future-proof connectivity, which includes 5 GHz WiFi, Bluetooth v4.2 and Geotagging via Leica FOTOS app. The app connects the camera seamlessly to your smartphone or iPad via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, enabling the transfer of images, c
What’s in the box
- Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera in Silver Chrome
- Battery BP-SCL7
- Standard carrying strap
- USB cable
- Leica FOTOS cable
- Charger BC-SCL7
- Quickstart Guide
Leica M11 Sample photos
M11 with Leica Summilux M 35mm F/1.4 ASPH. Camera settings: 1/500 sec, f/1.7, ISO 1600 ©Goncalo Fonseca
M11 with Leica Summilux M 35mm F/1.4 ASPH. Camera settings: 1/80 sec, f/1.7, ISO 3200 ©Goncalo Fonseca
M11 with Leica Summilux M 21mm F/1.4 ASPH Lens. Camera settings: 5 sec, f/16, ISO 6400 ©Oliver Vogler
M11 with Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. Lens. Camera settings: 1/320 sec, f/5.6, ISO 64 ©Oliver Vogler
Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera Silver Chrome Specifications
|Buffer memory||3 GB|
|DNG™: 15 recordings|
|JPG: > 100 recordings|
|Storage medium||UHS-II (recommended), UHS-I, SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (SDXC cards up to 2 TB, internal memory 64 GB)|
|Material||Black: full-metal housing made of magnesium and aluminum, leatherette cover|
|Silver: full-metal housing made of magnesium and brass, leatherette cover|
|Lens mount||Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit encoding|
|Operating conditions||temp +0 to +40°C|
|Interfaces||ISO accessory shoe with additional control contacts for Leica flash units and Leica Visoflex 2 viewfinder (optional accessory),USB 3.1 Gen1 Typ-C|
|Tripod thread||A 1/4 DIN 4503 (1/4") with stainless steel in the base|
|Weight||Black: approx. 530 g/455 g (with/without battery)|
|Silver: approx. 640 g/565 g (with/without battery)|
|Sensor size||CMOS sensor, pixel pitch: 3.76 µm, 35 mm: 9528 x 6328 pixels (60.3 MP)|
|Processor||Leica Maestro series (Maestro III)|
|Filter||RGB color filter, UV/IR filter, no low-pass filter|
|File formats||DNG™ (raw data, loss-free compression), DNG + JPG, JPG (DCF, Exif 2.30)|
|Color depth||DNG™: 14 bit, JPG: 8 bit|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Leica M11|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 700|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 4.5|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 60|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.00|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 39|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 139|
|Weight (g): 565|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 640|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 64-50000|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 50000|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 64|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: 8|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Maestro III|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: 2332800|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
The Leica M11 incorporates a comprehensive suite of updated technology to merge the classic Rangefinder experience with the modern connected world of photography. Leica has added a custom-designed high resolution 60 megapixel full frame CMOS sensor capable of capturing immense detail. This sensor gathers light with a wide dynamic range and provides extensive ISO options for any lighting situation. Triple Resolution Technology was developed for the M11 camera, opening up new compositional opportunities as it harnesses the full sensor area, whichever resolution is selected. Dual memory enables internal and external data capture via an SD card, while the camera is faster to operate thanks to the latest image processor and updated button and menu designs.
The iconic body has also been enhanced to be the most rugged Rangefinder to date, and is of course made in Germany. Leica cameras aren’t just about technology however, appealing to users through a unique ownership experience, which perhaps provides the greatest appeal for many. The shooting experience delivers favourable ergonomics and subtle differences when composing while seeing a larger field of view. This allows the photographer to become immersed in each moment as they capture natural and authentic images. It is this combination of future-proof technology with classic time-honoured Leica authenticity which will tempt many into Leica’s M ecosystem through the M11 in Silver Chrome.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.