Leica Summilux M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH FLE Lens Black Anodised
The popular focal width provided by the Leica Summilux-M 35mm file lens in black anodised metal is also a renowned performer, with a floating element the optics are optimised for M-mount cameras.
- lightweight portability
- Beautifully rendered high resolution images
- Controlled distortion and chromatic aberration
- The classic feel of anodised metal operation
- Pin sharp control over depth of field
The Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Black Anodised Lens
The Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH lens is designed exclusively for the distinguished Leica M-mount range of cameras and lenses, but will also fit Leica SL, T, and TL cameras with the Leica M Adapter L. This lens is a redesign from the previous 35mm Summilux Spherical version of the same model, which first appeared in 1960. With an acclaimed history this German manufacturer knows the versatility of a medium-wide focal range for many genres in photography. Some of the most popular current uses we have come across include street, portrait and reportage. However this versatile focal width is not limited by any subject matter, having a view similar to that of the human eye. Other users also include wedding photographers, travel as well as city and architecture shooters.
The design utilises advanced optics and includes a bright f/1.4 aperture, making it easy to isolate subjects even in low light, whilst creating beautiful out of focus bokeh. This makes it ideal for many applications where photographers capture details, such as flowers or rings from the big day or environmental portraits, which include the subject's surroundings. At 35mm the depth of field can be controlled by the user, choosing whichever suits the image best at every occasion. This enables the photographer to immerse viewers into the scene and capture the precise story they wish to tell, often achieving cinematic results.
For photographers who work with close-ups, the updated design includes a floating group behind the aperture blades. This floating lens element (FLE) enhances images at close range, ensuring quality is consistent at all distances. Full-frame users will love the edge to edge sharpness achieved by Leica as well as the contrast and detail it is capable of rendering. When stopped down to f/2 and smaller, images are almost completely free of aberration or coma effects. Photographers will also enjoy an esoteric quality to images captured with this lens, where subjects really pop against out of focus areas. Mildly visible cinematic vignetting at wide apertures can be left in or removed during post processing.
Park Cameras are one of the few Leica dealers in the South East, with guaranteed UK stock of all products. We pride ourselves on providing expert customer service both online as well as in our London camera store and flagship Burgess Hill location. If you have any questions please call our telephone team or visit one of our locations where our staff will be happy to assist.
35 mm lenses are the most popular in the M-System range of lenses. Their mixture of moderate wide angle characteristics paired with natural dimensions make this focal length extremely versatile. Often, it is the first choice on a new M camera, and therefore many famous pictures have been taken with a 35 mm lens.
Thanks to the latest developments in the fields of optics and precision engineering, the new 35mm lens sets a whole new standard in the fast wide-angle lens portfolio. Whether it's a matter of selective focus in the close-up range, high-contrast available light applications or landscape shots with immense depth of field, the lens delivers persuasive arguments in any situation.
More compact, higher performance developments
In comparison with its predecessor, the new Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. now incorporates a floating element: the lenses behind the aperture blades are constructed as a floating group that changes its position relative to the front lens group during focusing to ensure that the Leica Summilux-M 1:1.4/35 mm ASPH. achieves outstanding imaging performance at closer focusing distances.
Another new feature is a full-metal, rectangular, screw-mount lens hood that contributes significantly to the compact dimensions of the lens.
The optical design of the Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. has also been optimized for use on the digital Leica M models. It reveals the full extent of its outstanding performance particularly when mounted on a full format digital M body. The Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. also delivers excellent results on analogue M models and is destined to become an indispensable component of every M system outfit.
Even wide open, the Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. reveals performance characteristics without precedent in the field of compact 35 mm lenses: outstanding imaging performance over the entire focus range, from infinity to minimum focus; excellent contrast, even in the finest structures; superb rendition of detail across the entire image field; good field flattening and, stopped down to f/2 and onward, almost complete freedom from coma effects. It is almost impossible to improve this excellent optical performance by stopping down.
what else is included in the box?
- Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Lens
- Lens Pouch
- Leica Lens Hood
- Leica Lens Hood Cap for Leica Wide-angle Lenses
- Leica Rear Lens Cap
Leica Summilux-M 1:1,4/35mm ASPH Lens Specifications
|Lens Type||Standard prime|
|Focal length||35.6 mm|
|Aperture range||f/1.4 - f/16|
|Compatible cameras||Leica M RangeFinder System|
|Dimensions||approx. 46 / 58 mm (with/without lens hood)|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Digital SLR Lenses|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 56|
|Length (mm): 46|
|Weight (g): 320|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: 46 mm|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Leica M|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 0.057|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/1.4|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 35|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/16|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Summilux-M 35mm is a truly versatile lens. The optics produce unique and often cinematic images both in accurate colour or monochrome. It is compact and portable, allowing for easy shooting in a variety of situations, particularly where discretion may be required such as wedding or street images. There are no substitutes when it comes to quality and handling, which is second to none with a beautiful finish worthy of its' acclaimed status. Travellers and hikers will love the lightweight construction, whilst also benefitting from robust materials as demanded by a ‘take anywhere' lens.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.