Leica SL2 Mirrorless Camera Body
The new full-frame Leica SL2 mirrorless body introduces a host of features including a newly designed aluminium & magnesium body, 47MP CMOS sensor, high res crystal clear EVF and a new rear LCD panel.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: L015472B
Earn 5300 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Leica SL2 Mirrorless Camera Body
The new Leica SL2 body has been released, four years after the previous version mirrorless camera was announced. It hosts a brand new cleverly designed high resolution 47MP CMOS sensor, which minimises stray light reflections and provides almost twice the resolution of the previous camera. This amount of pixels lend themselves to large, professional quality printing as well as the opportunity to crop images, creating the precise composition required without sacrificing image size.
The most immediate difference from the previous camera body is the updated design, with Leica's classic minimalistic approach being even further developed. Build quality remains impeccable with the entire top cover section of the camera being machined from a siangle block of solid aluminium. This allows the casing to retain a rigid, compact form whilst providing improved ergonomics and being easier to grip. The entire SL2 body is covered in a stylish leather wrap also improving grip and handling over the previous smooth finished body. It is worth noting that this is the only mirrorless camera available on the market today entirely designed and manufactured in Germany.
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 370|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 20|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 47|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 107|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 146|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 835|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 50000 (expands to 50 - 50000)|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 50000|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 225|
|Number of white balance presets: 8|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Maestro III|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 2100000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 5760000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Leica are world renowned for producing high quality camera equipment steeped in tradition, yet offering innovative functionality together with their unique and understated design language. The new SL2 mirrorless body continues in that tradition with a completely redesigned metal body and improved ergonomics, which will appeal to experienced Leica users as well as newcomers to the system. A new high resolution sensor, updated EVF and simplified rear panel provide easy to use and intuitive shooting of both stills and video.
With huge 47MP to play with, large prints or image cropping are now readily available. This will appeal to many photographers with more versatile shooting capabilities as well as enthusiast and professional print production. In-body image stabilisation assist photographers and videographers in capturing the best possible images using any of the 170 lenses available to this system. For those wanting German minimalist design and first class build quality there are very few competitors to Leica.
- Stylish minimalist design with updated ergonomics
- First rate build quality with aluminium and magnesium construction
- High resolution 5.75MP EVF for ultra clear viewing
- Multi-axis in-body stabilisation system
- High resolution sensor with unique light filtering
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.