Leica Q2 Compact Digital Camera
The weather sealed Leica Q2 Compact Digital Camera with 28mm f/1.7 ASPH lens provides a high resolution 47.3MP full-frame sensor in a refined design with advanced handling which includes 4K video.
Trade in your old camera and upgrade
|Leica Q2||Like New offer||You could pay|
|Panasonic LX100 II||£350.00||£4,150.00|
|Sony RX1R II||£1,260.00||£3,240.00|
Leica Camera is pleased to announce the introduction of its latest camera, and the new evolution of one of its most popular recent releases, the Leica Q2. The Leica Q2 features a brand new 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor, integrated weather sealing throughout the body and built-in Summilux 28mm f/1.7 lens, a brand new electronic viewfinder, lightning-fast autofocus and burst shooting, 4K video, a revised button layout and refined design.
The Leica Q2's newly developed 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor boasts the highest resolution in its class. Matched with the high resolving power of its built-in Summilux lens, the Leica Q2 goes beyond the conventional use-cases of a 28mm focal length via its built-in crop functions for equivalent focal lengths of 35mm, 50mm, and the newly available 75mm – bringing with it more possibilities in the world of portraiture and close-up work. This new sensor maintains a 30 MP image when cropped to a 35mm equivalent frame, even more than the original Leica Q's maximum of 24 MP at 28mm. When shooting cropped DNG files the full sensor image is still recorded, allowing the user to undo or change the crop during post processing. These newfound heights of resolution and flexibility, combined with high ISO performance and a fast aperture make the Leica Q2 the perfect companion for all areas of street, architectural, landscape, travel, documentary, reportage and even portrait photography.
The Leica Q2's IP52-certified weather sealing protects the camera from dust, rain and water spray and ensures users can photograph under challenging environmental conditions. The adoption of the BPSCL4 battery from the Leica SL boosts battery life by 30% over the original Leica Q, and its built-in rubber gasket further helps seal the Q2. This level of weather-sealing is usually reserved for pro-level cameras such as the Leica SL and Leica S, putting the Q2 at that similar level of resilience, and is especially helpful under challenging environmental conditions.
- Newly developed 47.3 MP full frame sensor for best-in-class image quality
- Built-in crop modes are now improved to 30 MP at 35mm, 15 MP at 50mm, and 7 MP at a new 75mm
- Fully weather-sealed to brave the elements and always get the shot while maintaining a compact body
- New 3.68 MP OLED EVF for an improved view of the scene with better color and clarity
- Fixed Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH lens for tack-sharp images and impeccable low-light quality
- New processor from the Maestro II family ensuring peak performance at these new heights of resolution
- Fast autofocus and 10 fps burst shooting to never miss a crucial moment
- 4K video with UHD and Cine4K resolutions for easy on-the-go high quality recording
- Refined control elements inspired by design languages established with the Leica M10 and CL
- Made in Germany for the most premium quality materials and craftsmanship
- Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) for easier pairing with Leica FOTOS and a continuous connection
- The perfect everyday-carry lightweight travel companion with image quality capable of pro-level output
New OLED High-Resolution EVF
The Leica Q2 features a newly developed high-resolution OLED viewfinder, which offers a lag-free high refresh rate and faster auto-switching between the rear display and EVF. The high resolution of 3.68 megapixels in the viewfinder provides the clearest vision of the user’s composition to perfectly and accurately frame subjects. OLED panels, known today for being utilized in the highest quality smartphone and TV screens on the market, are superior to LCDs as they control each pixel’s brightness independently – this yields a better color depth and quality for a more pleasing experience every time the camera is raised to the user’s eye.
Speed Speed Speed + 4K Video
The autofocus system of the Leica Q2 focuses sharply on the subject within milliseconds, making it one of the fastest cameras in its class. Improvements to its new processor from the Maestro II family have enabled a high continuous burst shooting rate with an impressive 10 frames per second from the mechanical shutter, even at maximum resolution. The Leica Q2 adds 4K UHD and Cine4K video recording to its arsenal of features, with frame rate options across 4K and 1080p.
In combination with the Leica FOTOS App, the camera’s integrated Wi-Fi module makes it possible to quickly and easily share pictures and video via social media, and thanks to Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) a permanent connection can be established between camera and smartphone. Now users can even remotely wake the camera and connect any time when in range. (Leica FOTOS v1.2 with Q2 compatibility scheduled to launch April 3)
Refined Design and Improved Handling
The design of the Leica Q carries forward the Leica tradition of reduction to the essentials. The ‘Made in Germany’ seal of quality guarantees that only the finest and most resilient materials are employed in its construction. The distinctive thumb rest of the new Leica Q2 and the sophisticated diamond pattern of its leather trim ensure optimum grip and highlight the symbiosis of function and form. Also new is the camera’s uniquely intuitive handling concept, following refined design language cues established from its brethren in the Leica M10 and Leica CL families – such as the single-stage On/Off switch, simplified three-button interface on the rear of the camera and programmable button within the thumb wheel dial. A new highlight of the Leica Q2 layout is the push-button diopter compensation dial on the back of the camera that locks and prevents inadvertent changes to the user’s desired setting. Every refinement, both large and small, pushes Leica’s design forward without losing sight of the core philosophy of the camera.
A comprehensive range of optional accessories is also available for the Leica Q2. These include matching camera protector cases and carrying straps in premium-quality classic black and brown leather, and more vibrant versions in red and pink. The elegant new ‘Ettas’ line of soft, coated canvas pouches for various Leica camera models will also be launched at the same time as the Leica Q2. The pouches will initially be available in midnight blue, stone gray and red colorways, with more still to come. The accessory selection also includes technical equipment for the Leica Q2 such as the Leica SF 40, SF 60 flash units, the SF C1 remote flash control unit and an additional add-on thumb rest and handgrip. All accessories are functionally designed for easy handling, perfectly matching the quality and design of the camera and are manufactured from only the finest materials to ensure reliability for a lifetime of use.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Compact Cameras|
|Model: Leica Q2|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 350|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 20.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 47|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): 28 mm|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 80|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 130|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 734|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 50 - 50000|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 50000|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: 1.70|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): 30|
|Minimum ISO: 50|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): 17|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 49|
|Number of white balance presets: 5|
|Optical zoom multiplier: 1.0|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1040000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 50.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 3686000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.