Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. Lens Black Anodised
The Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. Lens is an accomplished new wide angle prime for Rangefinder users with an elaborate optical design which renders stunning results at close focus of just 30cm.
- Extremely compelling benchmark quality 35mm option for Leica rangefinder users
- Compact design with solid feel, perfect for all day shooting without fatigue
- The closest focal distance available in any Leica M lens enabling new creative compositions
- Elaborate optical design produces stunning results and all but eliminates optical aberrations
- Beautiful Black Anodised finish as is typical with high quality Leica lenses
Leica APO-Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH. Lens Summary
Leica has released the APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. Lens for M-System cameras which pushes the limits of optical performance to deliver outstanding results. This wider than standard prime brings a minimum focusing distance of just 30cm rarely found within the M-System providing users with an even greater scope for creativity. 35mm is an extremely versatile focal width offering photographers and videographers with a slightly wider field of view than our normal eyesight. This makes for an all-round, all day option to capture any number of subjects from street scenes to environment portraits and far more. Our recent blog post discusses why to use a 35mm lens along with useful comparisons with 50mm options.
Features at a glance
- Minimum focus distance of just 0.3m
- Elaborate lens design with 10 elements including three Aspherical and six with anomalous partial dispersion
- Extremely compact housing with contemporary design
The quality of images which the APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH lens captures are testament to this masterpiece of German engineering, as is the case with so many Leica lenses. Three elements feature aspherical surfaces (ASPH) including one which is double sided. Six elements are made of glass with anomalous partial dispersion. This all but eliminates chromatic aberrations and provides apochromatic correction, which is a feat that is rarely found in lenses of this focal length. It’s worth mentioning the Black Anodised finish is particularly appealing and well suited to any camera in the range.
What’s in the box
- APO-Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH.
- Metal Lens hood
- Metal front cap
- Thread protection ring
- Rear cap
- Nappa leather lens case
Leica APO-Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH Sample images
Mounted on Leica M10-P Exposure: 1/750. f/4.8 ISO 400
Mounted on Leica M10-R Exposure: 1/1000. f/2 ISO 400
Mounted on Leica M10-R Exposure: 1/1000. f/2 ISO 400
Mounted on Leica M10-P Exposure: 1/125. f/3.4 ISO 400
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses M mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 56|
|Length (mm): 46|
|Weight (g): 320|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 0.057|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 35|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
There are a number of M rangefinder lenses at 35mm however the Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH offers perhaps the most accomplished results. The close focal distance is a first for the entire system and allows photographers to gain access to new close-ups when following their creativity. With 10 elements including three aspherical glasses this really is another masterpiece of German engineering, providing users with exquisite results for that elusive ‘Leica look’.
The lens looks the business in Leica’s trademark black anodised finish, which would perfectly suit any Rangefinder available today. The lens is also extremely compact whilst feeling solid in the hand, perfect for all day shooting across a range of subjects. According to Leica this model is a new benchmark in their portfolio and we would have to agree.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.