Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera Black Paint
The Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera in Black heralds a new era of iconic cameras with a 60MP full-frame BSI sensor, Maestro III processor, Triple Resolution Technology and enhanced user experience.
- The most durable and capable Rangefinder to date heralding a new era of connected M system cameras
- Ultra high resolution full frame CMOS sensor with Triple Resolution Technology for new compositional opportunities
- The latest Maestro III processor along with optimised menu and button design offers a familiar yet improved user experience
- Iconic deep black paint finish body with aluminium aluminium top cover, Gorilla Glass touchscreen and scratch resistanthousing
- WiFi, Bluetooth and App connectivity makes capturing and sharing easier than ever with iPhone and iPad integration
Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera in Black Paint Finish Summary
With all-new technology packed into a familiar iconic design, the Leica M11 in Black Paint Finish heralds a new era of Digital Rangefinder Cameras. Leica has incorporated an exclusively designed full-frame BSI CMOS Sensor powered by the Maestro III image processor, together with new Triple Resolution Technology. This allows the user to capture images using the entire sensor surface, irrespective of format, in resolutions of 60 megapixels, 36MP and 18MP. There’s no low pass filter for maximum sharpness, and Digital Zoom 1.3x and 1.8x is available to maximise the potential of attached M-mount lenses.
This black paint M11 features a more scratch resistant full-metal housing made of magnesium and aluminium, together with a classic Leica-styled leatherette cover. The updated body design is 20% lighter than predecessors and the M11 Silver Chrome, weighing just 455g without the updated rechargeable M11 BP-SCL7 battery.
Strong Gorilla Glass is used on the 2.95-inch touch control LCD panel, which has 2.3 million dots, while an optimised menu and button layout is easier to navigate and adds a FN button for quicker camera operation.
- Full-frame back illuminated CMOS Sensor
- Triple Resolution Technology with 60 megapixels, 36MP and 18MP
- Maestro III processor
- New RGB colour filter technology
- Dual layer UV/IR absorption filter glass
- More scratch resistant iconic deep black finish and aluminium top cover
- Better battery performance with 64% greater capacity and improved efficiency
- Dual Memory with Internal 64GB storage and high speed UHS-II SD Card slot
- Enhanced Touch Display
- Optimised button and menu layout like SL2 and Q2 Compact with FN button and fast operation
- iPhone and iPad integration with Leica FOTOS
Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera Black in More Detail
Next Generation Image Quality
With an all-new sensor and completely new technology, the Leica M11 is a camera with refined imaging capabilities and future-proof technology. A native IS0 64 to 50,000 defies the compact size of the camera, with resulting images being well controlled for noise and showing a wide dynamic range. This enables you to shoot in extremely varied lighting conditions, from bright daylight with smooth noise-free details at low ISO values, to low light situations at high values.
Triple Resolution Technology promises incomparable levels of image quality from the full colour sensor, opening up entirely new possibilities in composition with a choice of resolutions, which all harness the entire sensor surface area. Shooting in up to 60 megapixels delivers the highest resolutions ever seen from an M system camera, with options to capture 36 and 18 megapixels.
Advanced metering features
Exposure metering is done by the image sensor for all exposure metering methods, both in Live View mode and in rangefinder mode. TTL (exposure metering through the lens), with working aperture is offered. Users can choose from Spot, Centre-weighted and Multi-field metering, with Aperture priority and Manual modes available.
Leica M Lens Ecosystem
With countless lenses available for the Rangefinder system users are spoilt for choice when choosing their next focal length. What’s more, any lens constructed from 1954 through to today can still be used without compromise. This means you can scour for available used Leica lenses as well as the most recently released M lenses and enjoy the art of photography with a whole world of creative freedom, which a Rangefinder provides.
Accompanying the launch of the new camera is a series of accessories aimed at enhancing the ownership and shooting experience. Leica has designed half-cases, straps and batteries, which cater for the two camera finishes available.
Perhaps the most essential accessory will be the Visoflex 2 Electronic Viewfinder, which provides three angles with a high resolution OLED screen. The M11 Leather Protector in Cognac is a personal favourite, while an M11 Thumb Rest adds to user ergonomics. If you’re a flash user the accessory shoe SF 40 Flashgun or larger Leica SF 60 both harness centre-weighted TTL at up to 1⁄180s.
Leica FOTOS app and Latest Connectivity
The M11 belies its traditional appearance with future-proof connectivity, which includes 5 GHz WiFi, Bluetooth v4.2 and Geotagging via Leica FOTOS app. The app connects the camera seamlessly to your smartphone or iPad via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, enabling the transfer of images, camera remote control and the ability to view, edit and share pictures in various formats.
See 100% crop photo samples and more specifications in our Leica M11 review here.
What’s in the box
- Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera in Black Paint Finish
- Battery BP-SCL7
- USB cable
- Leica FOTOS cable
- Charger BC-SCL7
- Quickstart Guide
Leica M11 Sample photos
M11 with Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. Lens. Camera settings: 1/320 sec, f/5.6, ISO 64 ©Oliver Vogler
M11 with Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. Lens. Camera settings: 1/320 sec, f/8, ISO 400 ©Oliver Vogler
M11 with Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. Lens. Camera settings: 1/320 sec, f/10, ISO 125 ©Oliver Vogler
M11 with Leica Summilux M 35mm F/1.4 ASPH. Camera settings: 1/1000 sec, f/2.4, ISO 400 ©Goncalo Fonseca
Leica M11 Digital Rangefinder Camera Specifications
|DNG™: 15 recordings
|JPG: > 100 recordings
|UHS-II (recommended), UHS-I, SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (SDXC cards up to 2 TB, internal memory 64 GB)
|Black: full-metal housing made of magnesium and aluminum, leatherette cover
|Silver: full-metal housing made of magnesium and brass, leatherette cover
|Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit encoding
|temp +0 to +40°C
|ISO accessory shoe with additional control contacts for Leica flash units and Leica Visoflex 2 viewfinder (optional accessory),USB 3.1 Gen1 Typ-C
|A 1/4 DIN 4503 (1/4") with stainless steel in the base
|Black: approx. 530 g/455 g (with/without battery)
|Silver: approx. 640 g/565 g (with/without battery)
|CMOS sensor, pixel pitch: 3.76 µm, 35 mm: 9528 x 6328 pixels (60.3 MP)
|Leica Maestro series (Maestro III)
|RGB color filter, UV/IR filter, no low-pass filter
|DNG™ (raw data, loss-free compression), DNG + JPG, JPG (DCF, Exif 2.30)
|DNG™: 14 bit, JPG: 8 bit
|Offer Category: N/A
|Offer Product Type: N/A
|Model: Leica M11
|AE Bracketing: N/A
|Autofocus Modes: N/A
|Articulated Screen: N/A
|Aperture priority: Yes
|Built-in flash: N/A
|Battery Life (CIPA): 700
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A
|Continuous drive (fps): 4.5
|Custom white balance: Yes
|Digital zoom: N/A
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 60
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Exposure compensation: N/A
|External flash: Yes
|Flash range (metres): N/A
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A
|Focal length multiplier: 1.00
|Flash modes: N/A
|HDMI Port: N/A
|Headphone port: N/A
|Height (mm): 39
|Length (mm): N/A
|Width (mm): 139
|Weight (g): 455
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 530
|Image ratio w:h: N/A
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A
|ISO: Auto, 64-50000
|JPEG quality levels: N/A
|Live view: Yes
|Camera Lens mount: N/A
|Manual exposure mode: Yes
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A
|Maximum ISO: 50000
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A
|Max resolution: N/A
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A
|Maximum aperture: N/A
|Manual focus: Yes
|Microphone port: N/A
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A
|Minimum ISO: 64
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A
|Metering modes: N/A
|Number of focus points: N/A
|Number of white balance presets: 8
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A
|Orientation sensor: Yes
|Other resolutions: N/A
|Processor: Maestro III
|Remote control: Yes
|Screen dots: 2332800
|Screen size: N/A
|Screen type: N/A
|Shutter priority: N/A
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A
|Sensor size: N/A
|Sensor type: N/A
|Storage types: N/A
|Subject / scene modes: N/A
|Timelapse recording: N/A
|Camera Type: N/A
|Uncompressed format: N/A
|Camera USB: N/A
|USB charging: Yes
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A
|Viewfinder type: N/A
|Video formats: N/A
|Video Mode Categories: N/A
|Video Modes: N/A
|WB Bracketing: N/A
The Leica M11 arrives with comprehensively updated technology for photographers to tell their story through a camera which merges the classic Rangefinder experience with the modern connected world of photography. A custom-designed high resolution 60 megapixel full frame colour sensor captures stunning detail, with wide dynamic range capabilities, throughout extensive ISO values. Leica also developed Triple Resolution Technology to complement this camera, for yet more unique opportunities. The camera also employs the latest image processor for quick operation and comes with updated metering capabilities.
The body design has also been enhanced as the most rugged scratch resistant Rangefinder to date, with an optimised menu and button layout, designed and made in Germany. But Leica cameras aren’t just about technology – with added appeal from the ownership experience, from immersive shooting and historical value. Excellent ergonomics combine with the unique experience of composing with a rangefinder in the M11. A wider field of view lets photographers see more than the end result through the lens, so that you can become immersed in each moment and capture natural and authentic images. It is perhaps this combination of future-proof technology with classic time-honoured Leica authenticity which will tempt many into Leica’s M ecosystem through this M11 in all black finish.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!