Leica SL2-S Digital Camera With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens
The perfect L-mount hybrid kit combines the Leica SL2-S full frame mirrorless camera and the new Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens for 24MP stills and 4K/30p 10bit 4:2:2 internal video.
- Exceptional low light performance from a compelling camera and lens combination
- Fast frame shooting at up to 25fps handled by 225 AF points and a bright f/2.8 zoom lens
- Legendary Leica build quality which is both designed and manufactured in Germany
- Versatile standard zoom well suited to a number of subjects including video
- Beautiful 4K video capable camera with internal and external recording options
Leica SL2-S With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens Kit Summary
The new L-mount Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens has been combined with Leica’s full frame SL2-S camera in this superb mirrorless hybrid kit. Together these are capable of delivering thrilling performance with 25 fps high speed shooting, low light ISO 100,000 capabilities and smooth video at up to C4k at 60p 10bit 4:2:2 using an external recorder such as the Atomos Ninja V. Movies can also be recorded straight to an SD card internally at 4K at 30p 10bit 4:2:2, all of which are stabilised by multi-axis in-body stabilisation for pin-sharp results.
The fast standard zoom lens provides a versatile 24-70mm focal range with bright constant f/2.8 aperture to complement the camera perfectly.
Features at a glance
- Camera with 5.5 stops of built-in stabilisation and ISO 100,000 low light performance
- Hybrid shooters combination of 24MP images and stunning Cinema 4K video 30p internal or 60p external
- Constant f/2.8 aperture zoom lens with fast, quiet AF works with Leica face and body detection
- High speed shooting in mechanical and electronic shutter modes
- Separate user interface for both photo and video settings
With a camera capable of 14.1 EV stops of dynamic range users can capture images and movies in virtually any lighting conditions, making full use of Leica’s 225 AF points. Images can also be recorded and edited directly in Capture One 21 Pro for the first time which now includes Leica lens corrections.
Leica SL2-S Camera With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens in More Detail
Sl2-S camera detail
- 24 megapixel CMOS-BSI full-frame sensor
- All metal camera body with milled aluminium top cover and bottom plate
- 25 fps electronic shutter, 9 fps mechanical shutter with 4GB internal buffer memory
- Up to ISO 100,000
- Video recording with 4K at 30p 10bit 4:2:2 / C4k at 30p 10bit 4:2:2 (internal) up to 4K at 60p 10bit 4:2:2 / C4k at 60p 10bit 4:2:2 (via HDMI)
- Endless filming with no time limit or overheating
- 5,76 MP EyeRes viewfinder with unique and easy operating diopter adjustment
- High build quality designed and made in Germany
Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens detail
- Compact versatile standard zoom lens weighing in at 856g
- Bright constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range
- Six aspherical lenses deliver very well corrected chromatic aberrations
- Close focus distance of just 18 cm for dynamic compositions
- Fast and quiet autofocus well suited to stills and video
The L-mount alliance is seeing new full frame L-mount lenses released regularly to cater for any photographic requirement. Alliance members include Sigma, Panasonic Lumix and of course Leica themselves. For those who crave the highest pixel count from a camera currently available in the full frame SL range can choose the 47 megapixel SL2 camera with Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens. Read more details about this SL2-S hybrid 24MP camera in our Leica SL2-S camera review blog post.
What’s in the box
- Leica SL2-S full frame mirrorless camera
- Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens
- Leica BP-SCL4 rechargeable battery
- Leica BC-SCL4 Char
- Lens front cap
- Lens hood (metal)
- Lens rear cap
- Lens pouch
- Leica SF 40 Flashgun which is quick and easy to use
- Sandisk Extreme Pro SDCX UHS-II Card 128Gb 300Mb/s - perfect for high fps and movie data
- RØDE VideoMic GO directional audio from leaders in sound recording
- DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo Gimbal Stabiliser Kit class leading pro stabilisation
Leica SL2-S Camera With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens Sample images
Camera: Leica SL2-S. Focal length: 48mm. Exposure: 1/320 sec. f/2.8. ISO 100.
Camera: Leica SL2-S. Focal length: 70mm. Exposure: 1/125 sec. f/2.8. ISO 6400.
We have even more Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens image samples with 100% crop in our blog.
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Leica SL2-S|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
The addition of the fast Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens for Leica L-Mount cameras was destined to be combined with the highly regarded SL2-S camera in kit form. Together these offer content creators a hybrid system which impresses across all of its features and includes the latest technologies available from Leica. Whether you shoot in low light, hand held, from a tripod or you run and gun, the results which can be achieved are seriously impressive. Video can be recorded without limit in Leica’s L-LOG gamma for colour grading, with extensive internal and external movie options available. High speed AF works seamlessly with the zoom lens, allowing users to capture and track faces and bodies in the frame even when making erratic movements.
24 megapixels is fairly standard for a fast hybrid camera, however Leica has ensured this will remain contemporary for years to come, not just with rock solid build quality and metal housings, but through capabilities which are similarly durable. The wide dynamic range, high ISO capability and in-camera multi axis stabilisation all work towards delivering the best results achievable to content creators. Likewise a zoom lens of this calibre characterised by sharp, detailed results will impress any newcomer or existing user of Leica mirrorless cameras.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.