Leica SL2 Digital Camera With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens
The Leica SL2 Camera with the brand new Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 ASPH provides a high resolution 47MP full frame body and versatile constant f/2.8 aperture lens in a durable, desirable L-mount kit.
- Ultra high resolution camera with high resolving standard zoom lens kit for a variety of subjects
- Extremely detailed results from Aspherical (ASPH.) lens with 47MP sensor
- High quality camera and lens kit for both stills and videography with quiet and fast AF system
- High resolution bright EVF and LCD enable effortless stills and video capture
- Legendary Leica build quality with discreet black anodised finish for years of enjoyable service
Leica SL2 Digital Camera With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens Summary
The introduction of Leica’s new standard zoom naturally led to this kit combining the high resolution full frame SL2 mirrorless camera with the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens. The L-mount camera comes packing a 47MP CMOS sensor which together with the lens can capture extremely detailed and sharp images throughout the zoom range. 24-70mm offers a versatile single lens suited to a variety of subjects, which include everyday photography. However those with specialisms in portraits, landscape and other defined fields will enjoy this focal length and all it has to offer including the constant bright f/2.8 aperture. Similarly videographers or hybrid shooters can capture beautiful sharp results thanks to the built-in camera body stabilisation and silent lens AF when capturing movies in full frame 4K resolution up to 60 fps.
Features at a glance
- High resolution 47MP camera with accompanying high resolving zoom lens
- Designed for hybrid shooters with 4K at 30fps in 10bit (4:2:2) internal to UHS-II cards
- State of the art face and body detection with 225 autofocus metering fields
- Multi-axis in-body stabiliser enables hand held shooting with the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens
- Wide 14-stop dynamic range and ISO range of 50-50,000
Leica SL2 Camera With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens Kit in More Detail
- Designed and crafted in Germany
- New menu system designed for ease of use and quick movie settings
- Updated ergonomics for stress-free shooting
- High resolution CMOS sensor with 47 megapixels and excellent image quality
- New Leica Object Detection Autofocus
- In-body stabilisation with sensor-shift technology
- Leica EyeRes® viewfinder with 5.7MP resolution
- Maestro III processor provides ultra-fast operation
- Perfect tool for cinematographers
- L-Mount bayonet
Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens
- Constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the range
- 19 elements in 15 groups with six aspherical surfaces deliver excellent performance
- Close focus distance of just 18 cm
- Fast stepper motor moves only a single light weight lens element suited to stills and video
- All-metal lens body and lens hood
- Weather-sealing against water and dust
When you do find the need to add more glass to your collection the L-mount lens range is growing rapidly thanks to new models from Alliance members Sigma, Panasonic Lumix and of course Leica. For those who don’t need so many pixels, but still want hybrid capabilities we also have a kit combing the 24 megapixel SL2-S with the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens.
What’s in the box
- Leica SL2 full frame mirrorless camera
- Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH.
- Leica BP-SCL4 rechargeable battery
- Lens front cap
- Lens hood (metal)
- Lens rear cap
- Lens pouch
- Leica SF 60 flashgun for the ultimate TTL flash exposure control
- Sandisk Extreme Pro SDCX UHS-II Card 128Gb 300Mb/s high speed card for video and stills
- Azden SMX-30 Stereo/Mono Video mic leading audio capabilities with stereo options
- DJI RSC 2 Gimbal Stabiliser 3kg payload with 14 hours battery life
Leica SL2 With Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens Sample images
Camera: Leica SL2. Focal length: 60mm. Exposure: 1/1000 sec. f/8. ISO 100.
Camera: Leica SL2. Focal length: 70mm. Exposure: 1/250 sec. f/8. ISO 250.
We have even more image samples with 100% crop in our blog post here.
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Leica SL2|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Leica has been a desirable brand with renowned photographers using their gear since they started out in 1914. Even today their users include world famous photographers such as Steve McCurry, particularly as their latest cameras like the SL2 are both cutting edge and extremely durable. With the introduction of a fast, constant aperture standard zoom they naturally combined a kit with the full frame camera and the latest Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH lens. Photographers who love detailed, high resolution images and smooth 4K video will be drawn to this pair because of the high quality and enigmatic results which can be achieved.
A workhorse 24-70mm focal length gives such a versatile range that you can shoot just about anything that isn’t a particularly distant subject. The SL2 isn’t just about high resolution however as it also provides extremely capable stabilisation, wide dynamic range as well as high ISO capabilities, all of which are most welcome in a camera packing so many pixels. This allows users to explore their creativity across numerous fronts with a camera and lens that will provide pleasure for decades to come. One of the benefits of Leica equipment is how they hold their value over time, check out our used Leica cameras and used lenses to explore more. If you are considering switching to full frame mirrorless and love Leica’s unique German design language with legendary build quality, you will almost certainly be blown away by this highly proficient kit.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.