Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens for L-Mount
The Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 ASPH. Lens for L Mount in black anodised metal is a standard zoom lens with aspherical elements for well controlled aberrations and a constant bright f/2.8 aperture.
- Versatile standard ‘workhorse’ L-mount zoom lens with constant f/2.8 aperture
- Extremely sharp and well controlled results from Leica’s Aspherical (ASPH.) optical formula
- Excellent lens for stills and videography thanks to a quiet and fast AF system
- Close focus of just 18 cm enables dynamic shots and close-up perspectives
- Legendary Leica build quality with black anodised finish for years of stress free service
Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens Black Anodised Summary
The full-frame standard zoom Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens in black anodised finish for L-mount cameras has arrived from Leica. With a tried and tested 24-70mm workhorse focal width this zoom is well suited to a wide range of styles from portraits and landscapes to travel and cityscapes. Adding a constant bright f/2.8 aperture throughout the range enables users to shoot hand held with sharp results, harnessing capable in-body stabilisation found in SL mirrorless cameras.
Features at a glance
- Compact and versatile zoom lens weighing 856 g
- Constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the range
- 19 elements in 15 groups with six aspherical surfaces deliver excellent performance
- Close focus distance of just 18 cm
- Fast stepper motor moves only a single light weight lens element suited to stills and video
- All-metal body and lens hood
- Weather-sealing against water and dust
The number of L-mount lenses is growing rapidly and this 24-70mm joins the slightly longer reach of the variable aperture Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–90 f/2.8–4 ASPH. With the 24-70mm sporting a near silent and quick AF motor this lens is also perfectly suited to videography. This is why Leica has bundled it with their hybrid SL cameras in the high resolution Leica SL2 with Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens kit as well as the lower resolution Leica SL2-S and Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Lens kit. This provides newcomers to the SL system and those who wish to upgrade with the perfect hybrid stills and video kit options.
What’s in the box
- Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH.
- Lens front cap
- Lens hood (metal)
- Lens rear cap
- Lens pouch
Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH Sample images
Camera: Leica SL2. Focal length: 28mm. Exposure: 1/320 sec. f/8. ISO 100.
Camera: Leica SL2-S. Focal length: 34mm. Exposure: 1/500 sec. f/5.6. ISO 100.
Camera: Leica SL2-S. Focal length: 38mm. Exposure: 1/250 sec. f/2.8. ISO 6400.
Camera: Leica SL2. Focal length: 70mm. Exposure: 4 sec. f/8. ISO 100.
We have more Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH image samples with 100% crop in our blog.
|Offers: Bundle Offer|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 123|
|Weight (g): 856|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 70 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 70|
|Maximum magnification: 0.34|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.18|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 aspherical elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Leica made a timely launch with the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm ASPH. lens as a growing number of users are joining the full frame L-mount ecosystem. This particular zoom sports Leica’s ASPH. (aspherical) lens formula, which renders extremely well controlled aberrations resulting in superbly balanced and sharp images across the frame. Being so versatile this type of standard zoom plays an integral part in many photographers lens line-up with 24-70mm being a strong contender for a wide range of subjects and creative styles. The diverse subjects in these sample images demonstrates just how versatile this lens can be.
Videographers can also enjoy this L-mount lens thanks to the inclusion of extremely fast and quiet AF capabilities as required by movie makers. The Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 matches Leica’s new hybrid mirrorless cameras perfectly, justifying the excellent lens kits which have been launched.
The bright and constant f/2.8 aperture provides a number of benefits to users, including the ability to hand hold in poorly lit scenes as well as create images and videos with a fine depth of field. This gives creative control over portraits through the ability to isolate subjects and define smooth out of focus bokeh. Additionally Leica has engineered an extremely close focus distance of just 18 cm providing yet more creative opportunities to the user. All round this lens is a highly desirable option for L-mount photographers who need a versatile, fast and very capable zoom lens in their collection.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.