- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon EOS R8 with RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit
The Canon EOS R8 camera with RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit combines the lightest full-frame hybrid mirrorless camera with a versatile wide to standard zoom lens for epic 24.2 MP stills and amazing 4K/60p video
Earn 1899 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Excellent kit for Canon creators, which pairs the full-frame EOS R8 with a versatile wide to standard zoom lens
- Packed with features for hybrid content creation, including fast 40fps burst shooting and oversampled 4K/60p video
- Features the same 24.2 MP image sensor and powerful DIGIC X processor as the high-end EOS R6 II
- Lens-based stabiliser provides 4.5 stops of image stabilisation for handheld stills and video recording
- Renowned AF performance from Dual Pixel CMOS II AF with subject detection of people, animals and vehicles
Canon EOS R8 with RF 24-50mm Lens Kit Summary
Combining the most compact and lightweight full-frame Canon mirrorless camera with a newly developed zoom, the Canon EOS R8 with RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit is an effective kit for hybrid content creators. The ultra-wide to standard zoom is a versatile lens for all sorts of content and features Canon’s fast STM technology, along with optical image stabilisation to help keep photos sharp and videos smooth.
Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS II AF in the R8 complements the lens stepping motor, ensuring you can capture a broad range of subjects effectively, tracking them even as they move about the frame. In electronic shutter mode the R8 reaches blistering speeds of up to 40fps, while RAW mode pre-shoots and captures 30fps, helping you get the shot, no matter how fast the subject is moving.
Video can be recorded without a 30 minute clip limit, in beautiful oversampled 4K/60p and as fast as 180fps Full HD for slow motion playback. A new photo / video switch on the body, high refresh rate EVF and large 3-inch LCD confirms that this is an excellent camera and lens kit for hybrid creators joining Canon’s mirrorless system.
Key Canon EOS R8 Features
- EOS R8 camera body weighs just 461g
- Same effective 24.2MP sensor and DIGIC X processor as the EOS R6 II
- New hybrid-ready photo / video mode switch
- Up to 40fps burst shooting
- Record 4K/60p (oversampled from 6K) and 180fps full HD video without a 30 minute clip limit
- Dual Pixel CMOS II AF with subject detection for People, Cats, Dogs, Horses, Birds, Cars, Motorbikes, Trains, Aircraft
- Bright, clear 3.0" LCD Screen with OVF Assist and smooth EVF with 120fps refresh rate
- Helpful Guided User Interface for newcomers to the system
- Focus breathing compensation
- Advanced HDR mode
- Photo modes include pre-record, focus bracketing and scene types
- Plug and play live-streaming with a computer
- Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity and works with iPhone via USB-C
Key Canon RF 24-50mm Lens features
- Versatile wide 24mm to standard 50mm zoom range
- Quiet STM focus motor for stills and video
- 5 stops of lens-based optical stabilisation
- Close minimum focusing distance of just 0.3m
- Compact 58mm filter thread
Canon EOS R8 Review
Learn more about features which can help elevate your content to the next level in our review. Read the Canon R8 Review
Canon EOS R8 with RF 24-50mm Lens Kit in More Detail
Canon RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
Joining the release of the R8 camera is a brand new compact zoom lens, which provides a versatile focal range which is suitable for subjects such as portraits and landscapes, travel and video. At the ultra wide 24mm end of the zoom, you can record vlogs and capture selfies, and when zoomed into the classic 50mm focal length this is an incredibly versatile lens for day-to-day snapshots or as a walk-around lens to leave mounted on the R8 all day.
Canon’s stepping focus motor (STM) is fast and quiet, ensuring discretion for subjects like street photography as well as reduced motor noise when making movies. Optical image stabilisation (IS) built-into the lens effectively helps you handhold in darker situations, with up to 4.5-stops of compensation against camera shake with the R8. This increases to as high as 7-stops when mounted on select Canon mirrorless cameras, which feature in-body stabilisation combined with lens-based IS.
Made for hybrid content creation
With a full-frame sensor, fast processor and plenty of stills and video modes, the Canon EOS R8 with the lens strike an effective balance between hybrid capabilities and affordability. Whether you most enjoy photography, videography or capture both, you can explore every creative avenue with the R8, starting out with the assistance of the Guided User Interface, which is ideal for newcomers to the system.
Stills modes such as sene selection, focus bracketing and multiple exposure ensure you can come away with any pre-visualised shot, while video modes include high-speed 180fps in Full HD, which is used for slow motion effects.
DIGIC X and Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
One of the most impressive features which the R8 offers is Canon’s powerful, wide coverage Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, made possible by the inclusion of the high-speed DIGIC X processor. This advanced focusing system tracks numerous subjects such as people, select animals and vehicles automatically, or through manual focus selection, with consistently impressive results.
Eye and Face detection recognise and track subjects as they move, turn and change directions, harnessing deep-learning artificial intelligence to ensure sharp results right across the frame.
Whether you shoot stills or video, action or portraits the EOS R8 camera provides relentless focus ability to support your creativity.
Master of low light
With a high native ISO 102,400 (expandable to 204,800) and AF down to -6.5 EV, the EOS R8 will achieve focus even when your eyes struggle to see subjects in near darkness. This opens up the ability to capture anything from street photography at dusk, to wildlife at sunrise, and anything in between.
Always ready for the moment
The Canon EOS R8 body is able to capture the perfect moment thanks to 40fps in electronic shutter, and also features RAW Burst mode, which shoots at up to 30fps, with 0.5 seconds captured before shutter button is pressed, ensuring you always come away with the perfect moment.
Pro-video with false colour warnings
In a technology shared with professional Cinema EOS cameras, the R8 offers False colour warnings, which give an indication of the current exposure levels. This helps achieve perfect exposure even when lighting conditions are difficult to work with across a variety of video settings.
Native RF mirrorless lenses
Newcomers joining the Canon mirrorless system gain access to a growing number of native Canon mirrorless camera lenses, designed for the RF mount. These include extremely cost-effective primes such as the RF 50mm F/1.8 STM and RF 16mm F/2.8 STM, through to professional zooms to capture every conceivable subject.
You can also use any EF lenses by adding one of several RF mount adapters, which include the Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R. This ensures you can find the appropriate lens whichever direction your content takes you.
Wide range of accessories
The R8 capitalises on Canon’s huge mirrorless EOS R ecosystem, which has grown steadily to include everything you need to capture brilliant stills and video content. Accessories include Canon multi-function shoe accessories, for intuitive cable and battery-free operation.
- Add spare high-capacity Canon LP-E17 batteries
- AD-E1 Multi-function Shoe Adapter to convert Speedlites to the MF shoe interface
- ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter
- Stereo Microphone DM-E100
- BR-E1 Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control
- Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash
What’s in the box
- Canon EOS R8 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body
- Battery charger LC-E17E
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17
- Hand Strap E2
- Shoe cover ER-SC2
- Canon RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Zoom Lens
Canon EOS R8 Specifications
Canon EOS R8 Sample photos
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Canon EOS R8|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 6|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 86|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 133|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 461|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: 100 - 102400|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, normal|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 102400|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 1053|
|Number of white balance presets: 6|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC X|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: 1620000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 26|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Whether you’re new to the EOS R system or upgrading from a previous generation camera, this kit is an effective means of gaining a lightweight and competent full-frame platform to create incredible content. The camera body offers a wealth of easy-to-use features for both stills and video, along with useful guidance for newcomers, to help them get started. As your skills advance, you’ll discover plenty of advanced features perfect for confident enthusiasts, especially when taking advantage of the latest technology Canon offers, such as Dual Pixel CMOS II AF and RAW shooting modes.
At the heart of the R8 is the same sensor and processor found in the R6 mark II, which provide tried and tested capabilities to capture great results, whether shooting during low light or capturing fast-paced photography. The RF zoom lens is also a great entry-point into the mirrorless system, complementing the body perfectly for any number of subjects. Whether vlogging and live streaming, photographing action and high-speed subjects, or capturing slower-paced environmental portraits, this kit gets the job done with ease. The ability to record oversampled 4K as fast as 60p, high-speed 180fps Full HD as well as live-stream directly from the camera, ensures hybrid creators have the perfect tools they need to create compelling content for their audience.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.