Canon EOS R8 Mirrorless Camera Body
The EOS R8 Camera is Canon's lightest full-frame mirrorless body for hybrid creators, with a 24.2 megapixel sensor, 40fps burst shooting, 4K/60p video and much more for epic stills and movie content.
Earn 1699 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Canon’s smallest and lightest full-frame mirrorless camera designed for aspiring hybrid content creators
- Enjoy blistering performance from the same 24.2MP sensor and DIGIC X processor as the EOS R6 II
- Dual Pixel CMOS II AF provides advanced AF performance with subject detection of people, animals and vehicles
- Packed with brilliant photo modes including pre-record, focus bracketing, scene modes and many more
- Record oversampled 4K/60p and full HD 180fps video and harness C-Log 3 wide dynamic range profile
Canon EOS R8 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body Summary
Canon is extending the range of full-frame camera options for hybrid content creators with the addition of the Canon EOS R8 Mirrorless Camera Body. It weighs just 461g, making it the smallest and lightest full-frame EOS R mirrorless camera available, despite packing the same 24.2 megapixel sensor and powerful DIGIC X processor found in the highly regarded EOS R6 II.
With these powerful core components, the R8 delivers accomplished stills and video performance, drawing technology from previous cameras, whilst adding the latest features to help you capture unique content. Features include the first-rate Dual Pixel CMOS II AF with subject detection, high-speed burst shooting at up to 40fps and a wealth of photo and video modes to capture diverse content for your audience.
Video can be recorded for longer than 30 minutes, with built-in tools such as False Colour to gain accurate exposure, while recording oversampled 4K/60p in C-Log 3 for versatile colour grading in post production. Ergonomics has also been considered, with the addition of a hybrid-ready photo / video mode switch, bright 3.0" LCD screen and crystal clear, fast refreshing EVF. For newcomers to Canon’s mirrorless system, the EOS R8 includes the helpful Guided User Interface, which helps you to master camera settings while you progress.
Key Canon EOS R8 Features
- Smallest and lightest full-frame EOS R mirrorless camera body at just 461g
- 24.2 megapixel sensor and powerful DIGIC X processor from the EOS R6 II
- New hybrid-ready photo / video mode switch
- Up to 40fps burst shooting
- Record 4K/60p (oversampled from 6K) and 180fps full HD video without a 30 minute clip limit
- Dual Pixel CMOS II AF with subject detection for People, Cats, Dogs, Horses, Birds, Cars, Motorbikes, Trains, Aircraft
- Bright, clear 3.0" LCD Screen with OVF Assist and smooth EVF with 120fps refresh rate
- Helpful Guided User Interface for newcomers to the system
- Focus breathing compensation
- Advanced HDR mode
- Photo modes include pre-record, focus bracketing and scene types
- Plug and play live-streaming with a computer
- Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity and works with iPhone via USB-C
Canon EOS R8 in More Detail
Made for hybrid content creation
Designed a full-frame sensor, fast processor and plenty of stills and video modes, the Canon EOS R8 strikes an effective balance between hybrid capabilities and affordability. Whether you most enjoy photography, videography or regularly shoot both, you can explore every creative avenue with the R8, starting out with the assistance of the Guided User Interface, which is ideal for newcomers to the system.
Stills modes such as sene selection, focus bracketing and multiple exposure ensure you can come away with any pre-visualised shot, while video modes include high-speed 180fps in Full HD, which is used for slow motion effects.
DIGIC X and Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
One of the most impressive features which the R8 offers is Canon’s powerful, wide coverage Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, made possible by the high-speed DIGIC X processor and sensor combination. The advanced focusing system tracks plenty of different subjects automatically, such as people, certain animals and vehicles, or you can choose through manual focus selection, with both methods providing consistently impressive results.
Eye and Face detection recognise and track subjects as they move, turn and change directions, harnessing deep-learning artificial intelligence to capture sharp results right across the frame.
Whether you shoot stills or video, action or portraits the EOS R8 camera provides relentless focus abilities to support your creativity.
Master of low light
With a high native ISO 102,400 (expandable to 204,800) and AF down to -6.5 EV, the EOS R8 will achieve focus even when your eyes struggle to see subjects in near darkness. This opens up the ability to capture anything from street photography at dusk, to wildlife at sunrise, and anything in between.
Always ready for the moment
The Canon EOS R8 body is able to capture the perfect moment thanks to 40fps in electronic shutter and also features RAW Burst mode, which shoots at up to 30fps, with 0.5 seconds before shutter button is pressed, helping you to come away with the perfect moment.
Pro-video with false colour warnings
In a technology shared with professional Cinema EOS cameras, the R8 offers False colour warnings, which give an indication of the current exposure levels. This helps achieve perfect exposure even when lighting conditions are challenging to work with.
Growing selection of RF mirrorless lenses
Newcomers joining the Canon mirrorless system gain access to a growing number of native Canon mirrorless camera lenses, designed for the RF mount. These include extremely cost-effective primes such as the RF 50mm F/1.8 STM and RF 16mm F/2.8 STM, through to professional zooms to capture every conceivable subject.
You can also use any EF lenses by adding one of several RF mount adapters, which include the Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, ensuring you can always find the perfect lens whichever direction your content takes you. The EOS R8 with RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens makes a great starting point for those who want a wide angle zoom from the outset, with a wide to standard range in a versatile kit.
Wide range of accessories
The R8 capitalises on Canon’s huge mirrorless EOS R ecosystem, which has grown steadily to include everything you need to capture brilliant stills and video content. Accessories include Canon multi-function shoe accessories, for intuitive cable and battery-free operation. Choose from:
- Spare high-capacity Canon LP-E17 batteries
- AD-E1 Multi-function Shoe Adapter to convert Speedlites to the MF shoe interface
- ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter
- Stereo Microphone DM-E100
- BR-E1 Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control
- Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash
What’s in the box
- Canon EOS R8 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body
- Battery charger LC-E17E
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17
- Hand Strap E2
- Shoe cover ER-SC2
Canon EOS R8 Sample photos
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Canon EOS R8|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 6|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 86|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 133|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 461|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: 100 - 102400|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, normal|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 102400|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 1053|
|Number of white balance presets: 6|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC X|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: 1620000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 26|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Canon has completely upgraded the entry-level EOS RP and slotted the EOS R8 full-frame camera between that model and the high-end EOS R6 II. Everything in the R8 has been developed for ease-of-use, from the internal technology to external ergonomics, with Canon adding a new photo / video switch, bright EVF and large 3-inch LCD display.
It features the tried-and-tested full-frame sensor and processor combination from the EOS R6 II, which make the camera feel responsive and extremely competent for hybrid creators. You can capture stills at 24MP at high burst rates of 40fps as well as high-quality video, at up to 4K/60p oversampled, and create slow motion effects with high-speed 180fps Full HD.
The R8 camera body includes a bright, clear EVF and large 3-inch LCD screen, which clearly preview the scene and make great screens for Canon’s photo and video tools. Dual Pixel CMOS AF II ensures a wide range of subjects are recognised and tracked when shooting both stills and movies, whilst numerous modes help achieve perfect exposure and consistent sharpness.
The R8 also performs admirably when working in low light situations, with a wide ISO range up to ISO 102,400 and users can select scene types or preset modes to make it easier than ever to capture great images. There’s never been a more effective, compact and lightweight full-frame camera as the EOS R8, which offers so many features for hybrid shooters joining Canon’s formidable EOS R mirrorless system.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.