Canon Stereo Microphone DM-E100
Add high quality sounds with the ultra compact Canon DM-E100 microphone, weighing only 64g yet records unidirectional stereo sound from 100Hz to 10kHz, and is compatible with EOS & G7 X Mark III camera s.
- No batteries required
- Secure mounting on hot shoe with locking ring
- Included with a wind shield
- 100Hz to 10kHz sound frequency range
- 120 degree unidirectional stereo
Canon Stereo Microphone DM-E100 Summary
Adding high quality sound recording to video can make a huge difference to production quality. Canon's newly announced Stereo Microphone DM-E100 is an excellent contender for sound recording on EOS DSLR and Canon mirrorless cameras, with its' ultra compact form and advanced audio engineering. The mic is barely noticeable when mounted to the camera hot shoe, weighing just 64g and able to fit in the palm of your hand. Despite its' minute size this device is capable of capturing high quality 120º unidirectional stereo sound. Audio sensitivity is recorded at down to -40dB, making great quality sound simple to capture.
The DM-E100 connects to compatible DSLR and mirrorless bodies via the 3.5mm audio jack connection and includes a foot locking ring for the hot shoe mount. This creates a secure set-up for videographers who shoot on the move. Power is supplied directly from the camera connection, which means that no battery is ever required. This helps to keep weight down and plays a part in making recording as effortless as possible.
Crystal clear sound can be captured with minimal background noise thanks to the electret condenser design and a wind shield (dead cat) is included for improved audio in outdoor windy conditions.
The microphone works with the EOS 200D, 250D, 800D, 77D, 80D, 90D, M50 and M6 Mark II as well as PowerShot G7 X Mark III, EOS R5 and R6. If you are unsure about compatibility with your specific camera, please contact our helpful telephone team, or visit one of our Sussex or London stores to speak with our expert staff.
Canon Stereo Microphone DM-E100 Specifications
- Microphone Type: Electret condenser type stereo microphone
- Directional sound pick-up: Unidirectional 120° (Stereo)
- Sensitivity: -40 dB ±4 dB (1 kHz, 0 d B=1 V/Pa)
- Frequency range: 100 - 10000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 2 kΩ (kilo Ohms) or less
- Signal-to Noise Ratio: 66 dB or higher
- Battery: None
- Power Source: Plug-in power (powered by the camera)
- Power source voltage range: 1.2-5 V
- Cord Length: Approx. 260 ±30 mm
- Connecting terminal: Stereo mini plug (diameter 3.5 mm)
- Attachment method: Hot Shoe mount with foot lock ring
- Wind Screen: Included
- Working temperature range: 0 - +40°C (32 - 104°F)
- Working humidity: 0 - 85%
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 30.5 (W) x 66.5 (H) x 88.2 (D) mm
- Weight: Approx. 64 g
View all of our camera microphones, gimbals and time-lapse equipment to take your video productions to new heights. Park Cameras are a multimedia retailer providing videographers with all of the tools required for Youtube and on to independent film makers.
|Offer Category: Sound & Audio
|Offer Product Type: Microphones
|AE Bracketing: N/A
|Autofocus Modes: N/A
|Articulated Screen: N/A
|Aperture priority: N/A
|Built-in flash: N/A
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A
|Custom white balance: N/A
|Digital zoom: N/A
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Exposure compensation: N/A
|External flash: N/A
|Flash range (metres): N/A
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A
|Focal length multiplier: N/A
|Flash modes: N/A
|HDMI Port: N/A
|Headphone port: N/A
|Height (mm): N/A
|Length (mm): N/A
|Width (mm): N/A
|Weight (g): N/A
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A
|Image ratio w:h: N/A
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A
|JPEG quality levels: N/A
|Live view: N/A
|Camera Lens mount: N/A
|Manual exposure mode: N/A
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A
|Maximum ISO: N/A
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A
|Max resolution: N/A
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A
|Maximum aperture: N/A
|Manual focus: N/A
|Microphone port: N/A
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A
|Minimum ISO: N/A
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A
|Metering modes: N/A
|Number of focus points: N/A
|Number of white balance presets: N/A
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A
|Orientation sensor: N/A
|Other resolutions: N/A
|Remote control: N/A
|Screen dots: N/A
|Screen size: N/A
|Screen type: N/A
|Shutter priority: N/A
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A
|Sensor size: N/A
|Sensor type: N/A
|Storage types: N/A
|Subject / scene modes: N/A
|Timelapse recording: N/A
|Camera Type: N/A
|Uncompressed format: N/A
|Camera USB: N/A
|USB charging: N/A
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A
|Viewfinder type: N/A
|Video formats: N/A
|Video Mode Categories: N/A
|Video Modes: N/A
|WB Bracketing: N/A
This mic makes an excellent choice for Vloggers and videographers using Canon EOS cameras. High quality unidirectional stereo sound is achieved despite the small size. It mounts securely onto the camera and is so lightweight that users will barely notice it. As the DM-E100 doesn't need a battery you won't ever be caught short of power. This makes for a durable and easy to bring along accessory, ideal for active videographers or anyone considering getting into movies for fun.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!