- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Prime Lens
The Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 is a compact and lightweight prime lens for day-to-day shooting with EOS R mirrorless cameras, providing accomplished images and videos yet weighs 160g and is only 40.5mm long.
Earn 219 Park Points
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Extremely compact and lightweight prime lens which allows for discreet shooting anywhere
- Sharp results across the frame thanks to an advanced aspherical lens element and Super Spectra Coating
- Fast AF with near silent subject acquisition through the addition of an STM Motor
- Versatile focal width which provides flattering results for naturally lit portraits and street scenes
- Bright aperture works well for allowing shooting to continue even as light levels fade
Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens Summary
This addition to the growing Canon mirrorless lens line-up comes in the form of a highly compact and lightweight RF 50mm f/1.8 STM prime lens. Weighing just 160g and measuring only 40.5mm long allows this standard focal width lens to be carried anywhere easily and discreetly. The 50mm length is suitable for the day-to-day shooting of many subjects including street photography, portraits, travel and much more. Despite the attractive price point the lens is capable of producing accomplished images and video, even in low light thanks to the suitably fast f/1.8 aperture. This allows the user to isolate their subject with a thin focal plane and continue to shoot even as light fades.
- STM Motor
- Wide f/1.8 aperture
- Aspheric lens element
- Compact design
- Super Spectra Coating
The STM motor in this model delivers fast, near silent focus capabilities which are compatible with Canon’s latest AF systems. A considered optical design for enthusiasts provides six elements including an aspherical lens which can capture sharp images across the full frame, whilst the combined focus and control ring provides users with intuitive control.
Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens In Detail
- Image Size: Full Frame
- Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40°00′, 27°30′, 46°00′
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 6/5
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Closest focusing distance (m): 0.3m
- Maximum magnification (x): 0.25
- Distance Information: Yes
- Image stabiliser: N/A
- AF actuator: STM
- Dust/moisture resistance: NA
- Filter diameter (mm): 43mm
- Max. diameter x length: 69.2 x 40.5mm
- Weight: 160g
- Extender Compatibility: No
What’s in the box
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Lens Cap E43
- Rear End Cap
- Hoya Revo SMC 43Mm UV Filter
- Hoya Revo SMC 43mm Circular Polarising Filter
- Think Tank Lens Case Duo 5
Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens Sample Images:
Canon EOS R5 camera body
Canon EOS R5 camera body
Canon EOS R5 camera body
Canon EOS R5 camera body
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 69|
|Length (mm): 41|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: 0.25|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 50|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.3|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical element + Super Spectra Coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Enthusiast mirrorless EOS R system photographers and videographers gain a desirable option with addition of this Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens. Despite being at the affordable end of the spectrum the lens delivers sharp, well controlled images and is suitable for an endless choice of subjects. 50mm is often the preferred width for many photographers as it provides results similar to that of the naked eye with a standard focal width. For this reason it is particularly suited to ambient light portraits, delivering a natural, flattering perspective as can be seen in the sample images.
Autofocus is swift and accurate with the STM motor which makes full use of Canon’s latest AF algorithms. Whilst not as bright as it’s more expensive RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM stablemate, this model is more than capable of working consistently as light levels fade thanks to the f/1.8 aperture.
Where this option excels is with its' size and weight, which are amongst the lightest options produced for Canon RF mount. These make it highly portable and compact, ideal where discretion is required such as during a ceremony, concert or on the street. We have no hesitation in believing that many Canon users will enjoy the RF 50mm f/1.8 whilst exploring their creativity through photos and videos on any full frame body including EOS R5 and EOS R6 camera bodies.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.