Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens
Versatile tele-zoom range from 200mm telephoto to 600mm super-telephotoview full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7240795T
Earn 1699 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens Summary
The Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G Lens offers you the versatility of a zoom lens while still having a built in optical stabiliser, giving you more flexibility when you shoot. With an internal zoom and a robust build, the lens is dust and moisture resistant so it's perfect for shooting in slightly harsher conditions.
- Internal zoom making it faster and more stable
- Dust / Moisture resistant
- Fast autofocus
- Centre weighted for a more balanced feel
- 5 ED glass elements, 1 aspherical
Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens Full Details
Explore the world with 200-600mm zoom
Perfect for wildlife and more, this 200-600mm super-telephoto zoom can reach as far as 840mm or 1200mm with 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters, with full G lens quality and AF performance. Aspherical and ED glass elements achieve superb resolution throughout the zoom range, while Sony’s Nano AR Coating cuts flare and ghosting. The bokeh is gorgeous, too.
Zoom to 600mm, or 1200 with teleconverter
Compatible with optional 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters, for a maximum focal length of 840mm or 1200mm at F13. Both teleconverters are top quality, retaining outstanding image quality and AF performance. Zoom and aperture range with the 1.4x teleconverter is 280-840mm, F8-9. With the 2.0x teleconverter the ranges are 400-1200mm, F11-13.
High resolution throughout the zoom range
Five ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one aspherical element in a new optical design offer superb resolution and image quality throughout the zoom range. The aspherical element suppresses spherical aberration and distortion, while the ED glass elements minimise chromatic aberration that can be a problem at super-telephoto focal lengths.
Fast, precise AF keeps up with swift subjects
Sony's DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) system has the power and precision needed to drive the lens's mechanism for remarkably fast, accurate focusing. High positioning accuracy means that no movement is wasted. Pinpoint autofocus is achieved with blazing speed. The DDSSM system is incredibly quiet, too.
Beautiful, natural G lens bokeh
An 11-blade circular aperture mechanism adds to the beauty of the bokeh produced by this lens, making it possible to use the narrow depth of field available at super-telephoto focal lengths to produce striking images with deep, creamy G lens bokeh.
Excellent control and reliability in the field
An inner zoom mechanism means that the length of the lens does not change while zooming, for stable handheld operation with consistent balance. Customisable focus hold buttons are provided in three locations 90° apart for easy access when shooting in any orientation. A fluorine front element coating plus a dust and moisture resistant design ensure high reliability in challenging environments.
Impeccable Sony G lens design emphasises a graceful balance between high resolution and gorgeous background bokeh that can enhance the artist’s vision.
Aspherical lens 2. ED (extra-low dispersion) glass
MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) describes how well a lens can reproduce fine details, measured as the degree of contrast achieved between finely spaced lines.
1. Contrast (%) 2. Distance from optical centre of lens (mm) 3. At 200 mm / Max. aperture 4. At 200 mm / F8 aperture 5. At 600 mm / Max. aperture 6. At 600 mm / F8 aperture 7. Spatial frequency 8. 10 line pairs / mm 9. 30 line pairs / mm 10. R: Radial values T: Tangential values
1. Zooming ring 2. Focusing ring 3. Focus hold button 4. Tripod mount 5. Tripod collar ring 6. Strap eyelet 7. Focus-mode switch 8. Focus-range limiter 9. Shake compensation switch 10. Shake compensation mode switch 11.Mounting index
Sony 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens Specifications
Telephoto Zoom Lens
Focal length range
Minimum focus distance
Angle of view field (diag. horiz. vert.) - full frame
Lens elements | groups
Approx. 111.5 x 318 mm
Approx. 2115 g
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G lens is perfect for wildlife, nature or sports shooters. The focal range of 200-600mm gives you added flexibility while you are shooting and as an internal zoom, it's dust and moisture resistant while also feeling extremely well balanced on the front of your camera. You can read more about our impressions of this lens here: Sony 600mm and 200-600mm lenses.
- Very versatile focal range
- Dust and moisture resistant for use in harsher conditions
- Internal zoom keeps a consistent balance and feel to the lens
- Fast auto-focus
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.