3 Legged Thing Alan 2.0 Professional Carbon Fibre Monopod
3 Legged Thing has updated their popular professional 5-section Carbon Fibre Monopod as the Alan 2.0 which includes a Tri-mount plate, new Parallel leg locks and new anti-rotation Chicken Lips (shims).
3 Legged Thing Alan 2.0 Carbon Fibre Monopod Summary
ALAN 2.0 is the successor to 3LT's incredible professional carbon fibre monopod. Built for versatility and resilience, Alan 2.0 has been designed with a number of enhancements over its predecessor, including beautifully contoured Tri-mount plate, new Parallel leg locks for improved grip, and internally has anti-rotation Chicken Lips (shims) for improved rigidity and stability.
Alan 2.0 is compact enough for transport in hand luggage and extends to a maximum height of 1.48 metres. Formed from 100% pure carbon fibre and aircraft-grade alloys, Alan 2.0 is both light and robust, with a huge maximum load capacity of 60kg!
Ideal for sports and action photography, and stabilisation for videographers, Alan 2.0 features dual 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threads which enable use as a microphone or camera boom. The unique Big Grip provides maximum grip and includes deep channels designed to disperse moisture, and the patented Tri-Mount plate has hollowed spurs for the attachment of accessories.
- Load capability 60 kg / 130 lb
- Recommended for: Action / sports / video
- Perfect for travel
- Folds to just 44 cm / 17.32 “
- Big Grip for maximum grip with water dispersing channels.
- Dual 1/4”-20 & 3/8”-16 threads at each end.
- Interchangeable footwear
- Patented Tri-Mount Plate enables attachment of accessories
- 5 Year global warranty
- 1 x ALAN 2.0 5-section professional carbon fibre monopod
- 1 x Toolz - Multi Tool, hex key, coin key, key ring, carabiner and bottle opener
3 Legged Thing Tripods and supports are designed in the UK, going from strength to strength thanks to their innovative products with a well deserved reputation of high quality camera supports. This monopod (which is also available as Alan 2.0 monopod with Docz2 Foot Stabiliser) features a number of upgrades over the original model to ensure users get the most stable results when shooting with long lenses. It is designed to withstand the rigours of fast paced photography and videography with equipment weighing up to a massive 60kg. which is more than enough for even 600mm prime lenses and pro weight DSLR cameras.
The shims have been upgraded to reduce the annoying twist which sometimes happens and a new plate and new leg locks helps for quicker set up with more stable results. Whilst we stock a wide range of monopods, this comes highly recommended for those shooting with large lenses who are looking for a truly professional carbon fibre system.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.