- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera Body Black
The Canon EOS R50 Body (Black) is Canon's smallest and lightest mirrorless APS-C camera, which comes with a host of great features for new hybrid content creators, including up to 15fps stills and 4K 30p video.
Earn 789 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Compact, lightweight, yet richly featured APS-C hybrid camera which makes a great entry to the EOS R system
- Simple button layout and large 3-inch vari-angle LCD screen, which is perfect for creating selfies and vlogs
- Capture beautiful 24.2 megapixel stills at up to 15fps in electronic shutter mode to keep up with the action
- Packed with easy modes to get brilliant shots, such as Panorama, Creative Bracketing and powerful Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- Create and share for social channels with plug-and-play live-streaming, Vertical mode as well as Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity
Canon EOS R50 Camera Body (Black) Summary
With a weight of just 375g, the Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera Body is the smallest and lightest Canon EOS R mirrorless camera to date. Despite its light weight, the compact interchangeable lens camera packs the same 24.2MP APS-C format sensor as the R10. This ensures hybrid creators can capture brilliant photos and oversampled 4K/30p video, with up to 120fps Full HD for slow motion movie effects.
For intuitive use, the R50 body includes a small grip with simple button layout, together with a large 3.0” vari-angle touchscreen, ensuring creators coming from a smartphone have the perfect tools to capture brilliant vlogs, videos and photos.
Canon’s powerful Dual Pixel CMOS AF II is included in the R50 to help users achieve accurate focus and track subjects as they move across the frame. You also benefit from a series of easy-to-use modes, including Panorama, Vertical orientation and bracketing, which make it easy to create the most engaging content ever. For YouTube and Facebook Live in particular, the R50 offers plug-and-play live-streaming, ensuring it checks all the boxes for aspiring creators, whether new to Canon or upgrading from a compact camera.
Key Canon EOS R50 Features
- Canon’s smallest and lightest EOS R mirrorless camera
- Features the same 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor as the EOS R10
- DIGIC X processor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- Compact grip and easy-to-use simple button layout
- 3-inch vari-angle screen for selfies and vlogging
- Effective Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with people, animals and vehicle subject recognition
- Up to 15fps in electronic shutter
- 4K/30p video recording with Movie Digital IS
- Slow motion Full HD up to 120fps
- Vertical orientation for instant social media shots
- Photo modes include Panorama and creative bracketing
- Multifunction shoe
- Plug and play live-streaming
- Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity
- Powered by the high-capacity LP-E17 battery
Canon EOS R50 Review
Learn more about the impressive features which can help elevate your content in our R50 review. Read our Review
Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera Body Black in More Detail
Smallest and lightest EOS R mirrorless camera
Despite packing numerous features for content creators, the Canon EOS R50 is Canon’s smallest and lightest mirrorless camera to date. It weighs just 375g and features a simple button layout, which places everything within easy and intuitive reach.
The 2.36M Dot EVF offers a bright and clear preview of the scene, while the vari-angle 3-inch touchscreen provides articulation for vlogging and selfies. There’s even a quick access red video record button to ensure content creators can swiftly start recording video at up to 4K/30p instantly.
APS-C format sensor
The EOS R50 is the latest APS-C format EOS R camera, with a smaller format which is perfect for anything from landscapes to travel, as well as getting closer to distant subjects like wildlife, due to the 1.6x crop factor when compared to the same focal length on a full-frame camera. The R50 sensor also provides a wide ISO range, for great low light capabilities, when handholding the camera.
DIGIC X Processor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
Canon’s EOS R50 includes the powerful DIGIC X processor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II. This focusing system recognises and tracks subjects such as people, animals and vehicles, with impressive results.
Human detection recognises and tracks the human eye, face, head and body as they move, turn and change directions, harnessing ai technology to ensure sharp results, while subjects move across the frame. Whether you photograph stills or record video, the R50 delivers amazing focus abilities to support your creativity.
Fast burst shooting mode
The Canon EOS R50 mirrorless camera is able to capture every moment thanks to 15fps burst in electronic shutter mode, making the most of the high resolution 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor. This allows you to keep up with many fast moving subjects, particularly when combined with the effective Dual Pixel CMOS AF II.
Impressive video capabilities
As a true hybrid mirrorless camera you can capture impressive video quality with the EOS R50. This includes video at up to 4K/30p and Full HD 120fps, whilst harnessing Movie Digital IS to help keep your footage stable. You can also record movies in vertical orientation with aspect markers, ensuring the R50 is perfect for vertical content on social media channels.
Easy photography modes
When it comes to creating content easily, the Canon EOS R50 excels, with readily available modes such as Panorama, Scene modes and creative bracketing to you make different images more easily.
High quality RF mirrorless lenses
Joining the Canon mirrorless system provides access to a large range of native Canon mirrorless camera lenses, designed exclusively with the newer RF mount. These include cost-effective prime lenses such as the RF 16mm F/2.8 STM and RF 50mm F/1.8 STM, as well as professional zoom lenses to capture every subject imaginable.
You can even use older EF lenses by adding RF mount adapters, such as the Canon EF-EOS R Mount Adapter, which ensures you can find the best lens for your content.
You can also purchase the R50 with kit lenses for everything you need from the outset. Choose between the Canon EOS R50 (Black) with RF-S 18-45mm Lens Kit, or in white, with the R50 Camera White with RF-S 18-45mm Lens.
Multifunction shoe accessories
The addition of a Multifunction shoe on the R50 allows you to add optional cable-free accessories for hassle-free content creation. These include:
- AD-E1 Multi-function Shoe Adapter to convert Speedlites to the MF shoe interface
- ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter
- Stereo Microphone DM-E100
In order to get the best results for your content, Canon has furnished the EOS R50 with a number of useful ports and a broad range of connectivity options. These include:
- Micro HDMI connector
- 5mm Mic Jack to monitor audio
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- UVC for plug-and-play streaming to Facebook Live, YouTube, and other popular platforms with a computer
What’s in the box
- Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera Body Black
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17
- Battery charger LC-E17E
- Hand Strap E2
- Shoe cover ER-SC2
Canon EOS R50 Camera sample photos
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Canon EOS R50|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 12|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 86|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 116|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 375|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: 100 - 32000|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, normal|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 32000|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 51200|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 100|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 651|
|Number of white balance presets: 6|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC X|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 26|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
With the introduction of the Canon EOS R50 there’s never been a better time for aspiring content creators to join Canon’s powerful mirrorless system. It’s the smallest and lightest EOS R camera body to date, packing the same tried-and-tested APS-C format sensor as the well-established R10 camera. This enables you to capture 24MP stills and 4K/30p videos, as well as Full HD in 120fps for slow motion playback. Although there’s no body stabilisation you do benefit from Canon’s Movie Digital IS, which helps record more stable footage when handholding, along with lens-based IS, which is found on many RF lenses.
Whichever social channels you creating content for, the Canon R50 mirrorless body assists with easy-to-use modes such as Vertical, UVC plug-and-play live-streaming and more. The camera is also designed for ease-of-use, with a separate red video record button, compact size and small grip, together with a simple button layout to help intuitively capture photos and videos. The vari-angle screen and bright 2.36M Dot EVF provide clear visuals for composing your shots, with burst shooting at up to 15fps in electronic shutter mode, for fast-moving subjects.
Connectivity is comprehensive too, with Canon adding a 3.5mm Mic Jack, Micro HDMI as well as WiFi and Bluetooth to help create and share your content instantly. If you’ve been waiting to join Canon’s growing EOS R mirrorless system in order to take your content to the next level the R50 could be the perfect choice.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.