Atomos AtomX Cast HDMI Switching Dock for Ninja V and V+
With the modular 4 x HDMI input switcher Atomos AtomX Cast Switching Dock for Ninja V and V+ recorders anyone can MultiCAST with simultaneous record, stream and output to local displays.
- Anyone from beginner to professional can easily create stand-out broadcast quality content
- Touchscreen and illuminated physical buttons make for simple operation even in darker settings
- Overlay your own custom graphics, logos, lower thirds and content branding
- High quality 10bit/4:2:2 inputs for broadcast quality switching with a compatible video camera
- Use multi camera set-ups, create picture in picture effects and monitor audio all from one device
Atomos AtomX CAST Switching Dock Summary
The Atomos AtomX Cast HDMI Switching Dock is a modular expansion that transforms the Ninja V or V+ into a 4-input HDMI switcher. When combined they become the Ninja CAST, a fully functional stand-alone switcher with an integrated high quality 5-inch HDR touchscreen monitor with Multiview. You also get broadcast quality recording as well as physical buttons, which can be used anywhere without the need for a computer. Switch between sources with either the touchscreen or physical buttons when deciding what should be on screen for broadcast.
Features at a glance
- Expand the Atomos Ninja V and Atomos V+ in to a 4 x HDMI input switcher
- Overlay custom graphics, logos, lower thirds and content branding
- Picture in Picture effect for any combination of inputs
- WebCAST with Plug and Play UVC connection to your favourite software such as Zoom, MS Teams, Skype, OBS and more
- BroadCAST with switching and recording in ProRes, DNx and option for h.265
- MultiCAST and simultaneously record, stream and output to local displays
- Control through the touchscreen and physical buttons with LED indicators
- Separate HDMI outputs provides dedicated program out and Multifunction on Ninja V/V+ for Multiview, preview or program
- Audio Input and switching options with support for embedded analogue inputs and audio follow video
- Simple to connect, switch and stream
With the Atomos AtomX Cast anyone can create broadcast quality multi-camera without being a professional. Ninja Cast appears as a webcam on your computer and works immediately with video applications like Zoom, Teams and Skype without the need to install drivers. Use features like logos, graphics and picture in picture to make productions look professional, enhancing anything including meetings, presentations, conferences, remote learning, virtual conferences and product demonstrations.
Atomos AtomX Cast HDMI Switching Dock for Ninja V and V+ in More Detail
Broadcast quality for anyone
The expansion unit AtomX CAST is not only for video creators but for anyone who wants to make broadcast quality multi-camera programs from anywhere. The switcher lets you easily make any type of online meetings more engaging through your regular service. You don’t need to be a video professional to achieve great looking results with Atomos Cast.
Flexible control options allow users to operate the device through the touchscreen or physical buttons to ‘switch’ between sources when deciding what should be on screen at any time during a broadcast. The buttons are illuminated for each input letting you work even in dimly lit environments.
Connect any full HD video source
Any device can be connected through the HDMI inputs including mirrorless and DSLR cameras, video cameras, computers, consoles and even pre-recorded content. Frame rates can be mixed and matched at any rate up to 60p and Cast can also mix interlaced and progressive HD sources automatically.
AtomX CAST connects via USB-C to a computer when the Ninja V or V+ is docked, appearing as a high-quality webcam. Plug and play operation allows it to work immediately with all video applications like Zoom, Teams and Skype without any special drivers. You can add up to 4 camera inputs to take any presentation or meeting to the next level.
Incoming signals and program out are viewable with the integrated monitor. With the Ninja V/V+ docked you can use the high quality 5” touchscreen to setup and employ monitor-assist tools for exposure, focus and image analysis to optimise shots. You can then switch to Multiview to see all four inputs simultaneously along with audio level monitoring.
Add branding and graphics
Dedicated functions let you easily add logos and graphics to enhance brand perception. Whatever you want to add is simple including custom graphics with transparency, logos and other on-screen information.
Picture in Picture
With the multi camera feature any of the HDMI inputs can be used to create Picture in Picture displays of two inputs at the same time, with controls to adjust size and location of the overlaid image. For example you can display a product close-up while showing your face as you talk about a product.
Portable and configurable
Whether you work solo or in a team Ninja CAST is lightweight and portable, working with any size of camera. If you’re in a production team you can connect a second monitor for secondary viewing.
Advanced workflow ready
AtomX CAST is a fully functional stand-alone switcher when connected to external recorders, but it can also be used for more advanced video work when connected to a computer where it does the heavy lifting with dedicated external video processing. Add AtomX CAST as a media source in OBS, X-Split and VMix to make use of software application additional graphics and scene configuration while using the CAST for video input switching.
Broadcast quality switching and recording
With professional 10bit/4:2:2 inputs you get broadcast quality switching, as well as the ability to record in high quality codecs like Apple ProRes or Avid DNx.
AtomX CAST can also stream to your favourite streaming host, output a broadcast quality video signal to a local display, digital signage or video wall, and record with high quality edit-ready video codecs.
What’s in the box
- Atomos AtomX Cast
- USB-C cable
- SSDmini Handle Adaptor
More of us are having online meetings and presentations as the world becomes ever more connected. With this in mind Atomos designed the AtomX Cast HDMI Switching Dock to enable anyone of any skill level to create far more professional broadcasts or streams. To this end options are endless when a Ninja V or Ninja V+ (8K) is connected to this clever expansion device. Whether you’re a solo Youtube content creator, work in a production team or deliver senior product demonstrations the AtomX Cast is as easy to use as it is versatile. You can overlay graphics, logos, mix different input signals, create picture in picture effects and monitor audio straight from the device.
Operation is also simple thanks to the inclusion of illuminated physical buttons as well as a touchscreen and you can even work with pre-recorded video through one of the four HDMI inputs. You will need a camera and lens of course, and the better quality they are the more you can achieve. If you have a bright aperture lens you can create cinematic-style shallow depth of field which simply isn’t possible with a standard webcam. Even if you have an older HD camcorder with HDMI output great looking video can be created. If you want to stand out from the crowd with pro quality broadcasts the Atomos AtomX Cast for Ninja V and V+ is an easy to use solution straight out of the box.
You can also get the Atomos AtomX NinjaCast Bundle with a Ninja V Recorder and AtomX Cast for everything you need if you don’t already own a recorder.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.