Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Telephoto Zoom Lens
The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS has reached legendary status as a workhorse telephoto zoom lens with advanced G Master optics from XA, aspherical and ED elements for sharp results with smooth bokeh.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7240785R
Earn 2149 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS G Master Telephoto Zoom Lens SUMMARY
- XA, Super ED, and ED glass components
- Sony Nano AR coated
- Sony's first floating focusing system in a zoom lens
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.96m
- Super Sonic Motor and dual linear motors
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation
- Rotating tripod mount
- Dust and moisture-resistant and fluorine-coated front lens
- Focus hold button and focal range limiter
Product features in detail
The Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM telephoto zoom lens delivers outstanding clarity due to its 3 advanced lens elements, including XA, Super ED, and ED glass components, and its Sony Nano AR coating. For the first time in a Sony zoom lens, it uses a floating focusing system that allows for a minimum focusing distance of just 0.96 metres and guarantees that autofocusing is optimised for video and still capture.
It features a Super Sonic Motor (SSM) and dual linear motors which move its large lens elements quickly for accurate focusing, and it has built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation which allows for sharp image capture at all focal lengths.
The FE 70-200 mm has a rotating tripod mount for quick removal from a tripod, and is both dust and moisture-resistant and fluorine-coated. It also has a focal range limiter, as well as a focus hold button.
Fast AF optimised for stills and video
Two heavy focus groups are rapidly and precisely positioned by separate actuators:
A powerful ring SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) actuator for the front group, and a double linear motor actuator for the rear group. Improved positioning precision works with real-time feedback from multiple position sensors to allow the body's AF system to operate at full capacity.
Further refinements for spot-on movie AF
The focusing system's double linear motor takes on the vital role of providing ‘wobbling’ actuation for the AF contrast detection system when shooting video. An optical design that effectively minimises focus breathing plus quiet mechanical operation further adds to focusing performance that is ideal for movies as well as stills.
11 blades for luscious bokeh
Sony's circular aperture design has traditionally employed up to 9 blades, but this lens incorporates an 11-blade circular aperture that takes bokeh quality to new levels of smooth beauty with natural looking highlights
High reliability in harsh conditions
A sealed dust and moisture resistant design and fluorine front element coating provide extra protection to ensure reliable operation in challenging environments
what else is included in the box?
- ALC-Sh245 hood
- ALC-F77S lens rear cap
- ALC-R1EM lens rear cap
- Tripod mount
Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Telephoto Zoom Lens Specifications
Sony E-mount full-frame telephoto zoom
f/2.8 - f/22
11 Aperture blades - circular
ANGLE OF VIEW
88.0 x 200 mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 200|
|Weight (g): 1480|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 70 - 200 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 200|
|Maximum magnification: 0.25|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 70|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.96|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: One double-side aspherical and one extreme aspherical element + Nano AR coating|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The ultimate go-to Sony zoom lens, with a telephoto range making it ideal for shooting portraits, events and even wildlife. A wide aperture of f/2.8, combined with image stabilisation makes this a dream for low light shooting.
- High reliability in harsh conditions
- 11 blades for luscious bokeh
- Further refinements for spot-on movie AF
- Fast AF optimized for stills and video
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.