Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Zoom Lens
The Sony FE 24-70mm GM is a high quality workhorse lens for E-mount mirrorless, characterised by sharp edge to edge G Master optics including a Super ED element and a bright f/2.8 constant aperture.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7240742K
Earn 1799 Park Points
Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM G Master Standard Zoom Lens SUMMARY
- 3 aspherical elements including XA, ED, and Super ED
- 9-blade aperture coated with Nano AR coating
- Direct drive Super Sonic wave Motor focusing system
- Dust and moisture-resistant
- AF/MF switch and focus hold, zoom lock, and hood release buttons
Compatible Sony cameras: Sony E-Mount
Product features in detail
The Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM standard zoom lens incorporates some of the most advanced lens technology available and is the ideal choice for travel, portrait, and event photography, where outstanding optical performance is key.
It comprises 3 aspherical elements: the ultra-precise XA (extreme Aspherical) element that reduces aberration across the whole zoom and aperture range, and the ED (extraa-low-Dispersion) element and Super ED elements which minimise chromatic aberration and maximise resolution and bokeh, maintaining vivid but natural colour.
The FE 24-70mm has a circular 9-blade aperture which produces attractive defocus effects and has a Sony Nano AR coating which eliminates ghosting and flare, especially in backlit situations.
The G Master lens uses a direct drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) focusing system that is super-efficient, due to the use of a new algorithmic set, so it is quiet and smooth and performs brilliantly for both movies and still images.
It has a compact design, which is dust and moisture-resistant and has an AF/MF switch, plus focus hold, zoom lock, and hood release buttons.
There are two new filters available for the FE24-70mm - the VF-82CPAM Circular PL filter and the VF-82MP MC protector.
what else is included in the box?
- ALC-Sh241 hood
- ALC-F82S lens front cap
- ALC-R1EM lens rear cap
A new era of standard zoom performance
No-compromise design and technology result in a constant F2.8 zoom lens that can fully utilise the potential of current and future high-resolution camera bodies. This peerless standard zoom covers a 24mm to 70mm focal length range, and is an ideal choice when ultimate image quality is required for portraits, scenery, snapshots, and more.
Extraordinary resolution and bokeh
A XA (extreme aspherical) lens element with superlative surface precision not only contributes to stunning corner-to-corner resolution and detail throughout the zoom range, but also plays a vital role in achieving smooth, soft bokeh that can be a powerful expressive tool in a wide range of photographic situations.
Natural rendering and colour
One ED (Extra-low-Dispersion) and one Super ED glass element in an optical path that has been designed to the highest standards help to achieve lifelike, natural imagery without unnatural colouration by keeping axial and lateral chromatic aberration in check while maximising subjective resolution for breathtaking texture and detail.
9-blade aperture enhances bokeh beauty
The remarkable beauty of this lens’s bokeh is further enhanced by a 9-blade circular aperture design that contributes not only to smoothness, but to natural highlights as well.
Bright, fast F2.8 at any focal length
A constant F2.8 maximum aperture makes it easy to keep exposure settings constant throughout the zoom range to maintain low-light capability or action-stopping shutter speeds. Consistently spectacular image quality is ensured at any aperture or focal length
Precise focus at blazing speed
In addition to positioning large-aperture lenses with extremely high precision for spot-on focusing, the Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) system minimises spurious motion while an advanced control system and refined algorithms enhance AF operation speed. DDSSM is also smooth and quiet, making it advantageous for movies as well as stills.
Versatile fingertip focus control
The ability to respond quickly to rapidly changing shooting situations can mean the difference between getting the shot or not. A manual/auto focus mode switch and focus hold button are positioned for easy access, providing versatile, professional control for a wide range of subjects and environments.
Outstanding clarity and contrast
Sony’s original Nano AR Coating suppresses spurious reflections that can cause flare and ghosting, particularly in backlit situations. The result is consistently high contrast and clarity with deep blacks in the widest possible range of photographic situations. (1. Nano AR Coating / 2.Glass / 3.Transmitted light)
Zoom lock improves portability
Zoom lenses can sometimes extend under their own weight during transportation, and that can be a nuisance while increasing the chance of accidental damage. A zoom lock switch provides a simple, sure way to lock the zoom mechanism for safe, convenient transportation.
Hood lock and release
A hood lock mechanism prevents accidental hood detachment when moving from location to location, while a hood release button makes it easy to remove and replace the hood whenever necessary.
High reliability in harsh conditions
Careful dust and moisture sealing measures have been implemented to ensure maximum protection and reliability in challenging environments. Shoot with confidence in light rain or windy conditions.
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 136|
|Weight (g): 886|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 70 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 70|
|Maximum magnification: 0.24|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.38|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: One extreme aspherical, one super ED, one ED element + Nano AR coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Simply put this is our go-to choice of lens whenever we use any of the Sony Alpha range. Versatile focal range, with a fast f/2.8 aperture lens means anything from landscapes through to portraits can be readily achieved.
- Outstanding build quality
- Sharp throughout the focal range and wide open
- weather sealed
- fast, quiet af
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.