Azden SMX-30 Stereo/Mono Switchable Video Microphone
This product is no longer available
The Azden SMX-30 Stereo/Mono Video mic gives complete freedom to record high quality audio that can be switched on the fly for different recording situations along with gain, low cut filter and more.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
A VERSATILE MICROPHONE FOR CAMERAS AND VIDEO
With the SMX-30 you’ve always got the right microphone for the job. That’s because it is both a stereo microphone and a mono-shotgun microphone, allowing you to switch between the two on the fly.
So for the price of a single microphone you’re actually getting two. Talk about bang for your buck!
Plus with other great features like gain control, auto-on, a low cut filter, and of course awesome sound quality, the SMX-30 is sure to be a microphone you’ll always want to keep in your gear bag.
IT'S A STEREO MICROPHONE
Use the stereo mode to capture rich, immersive audio that enhances the scene you're shooting. Great for nature scenes, musical performances, or any kind of action video.
AND IT'S A MONO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE
Mono mode uses a supercardioid shotgun microphone to really focus in on your sound source. Perfect for picking up dialogue in vlog style videos, or for "run and gun" interview situations.
VIBRATION ISOLATING SHOCK MOUNT
Made from a virtually unbreakable composite material, the shock mount effectively isolates the microphone from the vibrations created by handling a camera. Designed to mount on top of a camera’s cold shoe, a threaded ¼”-20 tap is also available for boompole and accessory bar mounting.
The SMX-30 is powered by two AA batteries that afford it 24 hours of continuous use. The battery LED lights up to warn you when you have about 30 minutes of battery life left. Plus, the auto power feature economizes battery usage by turning the microphone on and off with your camera.
- Stereo/Mono Switchable Video Microphone
- Stereo/Mono Switch
- Use the shotgun mic for focused dialogue capture, or the stereo mic for natural sound. Switchable on the fly
- Low-Cut Filter
- Reduces low-frequency noise. A helpful tool for mitigating noise from HVAC systems or wind
- Gain Control
- Add 20 dB of gain, great for overcoming noisy mic preamps. Or reduce the gain by 10 dB to protect against distortion in loud environments
- Auto Power
- Setting to AUTO will turn the microphone on and off with your camera automatically, saving you from losing a great take and conserving battery
- Dimensions: 47mm x 107mm x 145mm
- Directionality: Mono: Super-Cardioid / Stereo: Cardioid (120º)
- Dynamic Range: 118dB
- Frequency Response: 40Hz – 20kHz
- Gain Control: -10dB, 0dB, +20dB
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Low-Cut Filter: 120Hz, 3dB/octave
- Power Requirement: 2x AA batteries
- S/N Ratio: 82dB, 1kHz@1Pa
- Sensitivity: -36dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 145g
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.