Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Zoom Lens
The E-mount Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS lens is credited with pin sharp images and offers a versatile zoom range with constant aperture and high quality optics including Nano AR & Fluorine Coatings.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7240745H
Earn 1099 Park Points
Finance available - See options
SONY FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS Lens
A compact, lightweight comprehensive zoom
From 24mm to 105mm and F4 aperture throughout the zoom this high-performance G Lens offers consistently high image quality. In addition to outstanding optical performance it features compact, lightweight design for portability and mobility befitting the E-mount system. Fast, precise AF and high reliability add to the broad utility of this fine zoom lens.
Excellent corner-to-corner imaging throughout the zoom range
advanced optics achieve consistently high corner-to-corner resolution throughout the zoom range. Four aspherical elements effectively reduce aberration, while ED (extraa-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration. A circular aperture and carefully controlled spherical aberration shape add expressive potential with beautiful, smooth background bokeh and natural highlights that complement outstanding in-focus sharpness and clarity
A one-lens solution for mobile, versatile shooting
Excellent optical performance and a high zoom ratio are packed into a compact, lightweight only 663 grams (23.4 oz.). The compact lightweight design extend to E-mount bodies for outstanding system mobility and handling ease. This one high-performance lens lets you shoot a wide range of subjects and situations. A minimum focus distance of 0.38 meters (1.25ft.) and built-in optical image stabilization further enhance all-around versatility.
Constant F4 and fast, precise, quiet AF for stills and movies
A bright constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range keeps the brightness even when focal length is changed. Sony's Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) AF drive system offers fast, precise, quiet focusing. And a precision optical design minimizes focus breathang. All of this makes the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS an excellent choice for both stills and movies.
Wide-range mid-telephoto zoom
A wide 24-105mm zoom range with constant f/4 easily handles subjects such as portraits, snapshots, landscapes, architecture, and more. This one lens will cover most shooting needs, minimising the need to carry extra equipment.
Outstanding images at any focal length
Four aspherical elements, two of which are high-precision AA (advanced aspherical) types, are used in an advanced optical design that effectively suppresses distortion while maintaining consistently high corner-to-corner resolution and image quality throughout the lens’s zoom range.
ED glass enhances resolution and colour
Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements strategically deployed in the lens’s optical path further enhance resolution by suppressing chromatic aberration. Excellent sharpness and natural colour reproduction are maintained right out to the image edges.
Clarity and contrast in any light
Sony’s original Nano AR Coating suppresses spurious reflections that can cause flare and ghosting in backlit and other challenging lighting situations, for consistently high contrast and clarity. Freedom from flare over a wide range of incident light angles provides greater framing and composing flexibility. (1. Nano AR Coating / 2.Glass / 3.Transmitted light)
Beautiful blend of sharpness and bokeh
In addition to a circular aperture design, precise control of the lens’s spherical aberration shape contributes to the stunning balance between sharpness and luscious bokeh that is a hallmark of the G Lens brand.The ability to combine high resolution and smooth bokeh in creative imagery affords vast expressive potential.
A one-lens solution for mobile, versatile shooting
Excellent optical performance and a high zoom ratio are packed into a compact, lightweight only 663 grams (23.4 oz.). The compact lightweight design extend to E-mount bodies for outstanding system mobility and handling ease. This one high-performance lens lets you shoot a wide range of subjects and situations. A minimum focus distance of 0.38 meters (1.25ft.) and built-in optical image stabilisation further enhance all-around versatility.
Constant F4 and fast, precise, quiet AF are good for stills and movies
A bright constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range keeps the brightness even when focal length is changed. Sony’s Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) AF drive system offers fast, precise, quiet focusing. And a precision optical design minimises focus breathing. All of this makes the FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS an excellent choice for both stills and movies.
Fluorine coated front element
The lens’s front element features a fluorine coating that helps to prevent dirt and fingerprints from sticking, and make it easier to wipe dirt and fingerprints away if they do become attached to the lens surface.
High reliability in harsh conditions
The overall design of this lens is dust and moisture resistant for extra protection and reliable operation in challenging environments. Shoot with confidence in light rain or windy conditions.
Smooth, versatile operation
A focus hold button, manual focus ring, AF/MF switch, and other controls provide versatile fingertip operation. The focus hold button can be customised via a body menu that allows a variety of functions to be assigned to the button to match the user’s needs.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 83|
|Length (mm): 113|
|Weight (g): 663|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 105 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 105|
|Maximum magnification: 0.31|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.38|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 4 aspherical + 3 ED + Nano AR coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The 24-105mm f/4 is a great everyday lens to accompany your mirrorless camera . Its design means that it is the perfect size to sit on your mirrorless camera , offering a versatile focal range with G Master quality optics. Winner.
- The general purpose zoom range
- 5-stops of image stabilisation making handheld shooting nice and easy
- Fast, smooth and quiet Nano USM focusing
- The smart, professional design, built so that you can take it anywhere
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.