- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for L Mount
The Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for L Mount brings outstanding telephoto optics with sharp results, 4-stops stabilisation and high speed stepping motor AF to full frame mirrorless users
Earn 1099 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Outstanding results from a new optical design made exclusively for mirrorless camera users
- Quiet and fast AF stepping motor with excellent tracking capabilities for L Mount photographers
- Compatible with Sigma 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters for an incredible reach of up to 1200mm
- Built-in image stabilisation for up to 4-stops of compensation when shooting handheld
- Pro features including customisable buttons, numerous switches and dual zoom system
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for Leica L Mount Summary
The L Mount alliance is seeing a host of new full frame models added to the L Mount range of lenses including this Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens. This super telephoto zoom arrives with a brand new design made from the ground up to harness the best of Sigma’s optical experience combined with lightweight mirrorless camera technology. Features include a series of pro-level controls and customisable buttons for quicker workflows when capturing sports, action, birds and wildlife subjects.
Uncompromising optical performance is apparent throughout the zoom and aperture range with high resolving power to keep up with high resolution sensors. You can also isolate subjects with smooth rounded bokeh and soft out of focus areas and you’ll notice reduced ghosting and flare with high contrast results. The 150-600mm Sports lens also offers high precision AF, which is fully compatible with Panasonic Lumix, Leica L and Sigma Autofocus systems.
Features at a glance
- Professional optical performance throughout the aperture and zoom range
- Attractive compression and beautiful bokeh with 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- Compatible with L Mount TC-1411 and TC-2011 teleconverters
- Update firmware and customise settings with the USB Dock UD-11 for L-Mount
- High resistance to ghosting and flare
- Up to 4-stops of lens based image stabilisation
- Fast quiet autofocus with stepping motor and magnetic sensor
- Dual action zoom design
- Numerous control switches and programmable buttons
- Detachable magnesium tripod socket with Arca Swiss-type clamp
- Dust and splash resistant structure with oil repellent front element
- Minimum focusing distance of just 58cm at the wide end
The optical formula for mirrorless Leica L camera is made up of 25 elements with 4 FLD and 2 SLD special elements. These counteract aberrations whist maintaining formidable sharpness and clear details. Naturally with Sigma’s professional Sports naming we also see dust and moisture resistance along with a casing which incorporates temperature resistant aluminium and TSC (Thermally Stable Composite).
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for L Mount in More Detail
Uncompromising optical performance
Users can expect consistently professional results from the 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for L Mount cameras. This is apparent throughout the zoom range and across all apertures, which are notably bright for a lens of this type. Optical aberrations are well controlled by the new mirrorless design, which harnesses 25 elements arranged in 15 groups including high-performance glass. This allows the lens to keep pace with even high resolution Lumix and Leica sensors to render excellent sharpness with clear details. You’ll see this resolution right through to the maximum 600mm zoom, being a trait for which Sigma lenses have garnered a formidable reputation.
Sigma also paid considerable attention to out of focus areas for the 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Sports lens, by including a 9-blade rounded diaphragm that renders extremely pleasing bokeh. If you shoot backlit subjects you’ll also notice well controlled ghosting and flare with the lens maintaining contrast and sharpness even in difficult shooting conditions.
The 150-600mm includes a very useful maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9 at 180mm and you can also shoot impressively close at 58cm at 150mm down to 280cm at 600mm. This opens up further versatility for tele-macro and close up images and videos.
High-precision AF and pro-level functionality
Sigma’s Sports range is designed with professional users in mind and the 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS includes their latest technology to keep up with fast moving subjects. The lens combines fast and quiet internal focusing with excellent tracking of moving subjects from an AF actuator controlled by a stepping motor. There’s a high-precision magnetic sensor that enables extremely accurate positioning to assist this fast accurate AF. Fine tuning focus on more difficult subjects is supported by DMF and AF+MF, of appeal to those who might shoot birds in foliage, or subjects behind a foreground for example.
Optical image stabilisation offers up to 4-stops of compensation benefitting handholding at slower shutter speeds or in darker situations. An OS switch along with custom mode switches also allow the user to change between settings to suit different shooting situations. A focus limiter switch caters reduces focus hunting to speed up AF performance and there are also three customisable AFL buttons.
Sigma’s Dual Action Zoom mechanism supports both straight zooming and ring zooming, allowing you to change the angle of view in a quick and intuitive way. You can also change zoom resistance with a new Zoom Torque switch and there’s a useful lock to eliminate any creep.
Robust build quality
Sigma has made the 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens as robust as possible, complementing subjects commonly found with super telephotos. These include incorporating a dust and splash resistant structure with a water and oil repellent coating on the front element. The lens body includes aluminium and TSC parts (Thermally Stable Composite). TSC ensures the lens works consistently at different temperatures, acting in a similar way to aluminium.
We’re also happy to see the addition of a replaceable Arca Swiss-type magnesium tripod socket which is compatible with a huge range of monopods and tripod heads straight out of the box.
Other features and specs
Great results are delivered without the need for editing through camera-based lens aberration corrections. The included lens hood (LH1034-01) is long enough to reduce stray light and internal reflections, helping achieve high contrast and reducing ghosting or flare in images. As with all of Sigma’s professional lenses you’ll find a durable brass bayonet mount together with overall high quality ‘Made in Japan’ craftsmanship.
This model measures 109.4mm×263.6mm and weighs 2.1kg, featuring a 95mm filter thread for lens filters, which is very competitive for a lens of this quality and reach
Take a look at our blog post about this New Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens with loads of image samples and 100% crops to ogle and a lot more info.
What’s in the box
- Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for Leica L Mount
- Cover Hood (LH1034-01)
- Cover Lens Cap (LC-747E)
- Shoulder Strap
- Tripod Socket (TS-121)
- Front Cap (LCF-95 III)
- Rear Cap (LCR II)
- Sigma TC-1411 1.4x Teleconverter for L-Mount - add 40% extra reach with a compact and lightweight TC
- Sigma TC-2011 2x TeleConverter For L-Mount - as above but double the zoom range to a maximum 1200mm
- Sigma USB Dock UD-11 for L-Mount - customise your optics and update firmware for Sigma L Mount lenses
- Tripod Socket TS-81 - this foot includes a longer rail than the included TS-121 to adjust the centre of gravity of the lens
- Sigma WR Ceramic Protector - stronger, thinner and lighter protection for the front element
- Sigma 95mm WR Protector - more cost effective lens protection without ceramic strength
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for L Mount Specifications
|Lens construction||15 groups, 25 elements (4 FLD and 2 SLD)|
|Angle of view||16.4° (W) - 4.1° (T)|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum focusing distance||58cm (W) – 280cm (T)|
|Maximum magnification ratio||1:2.9 (at a focusing distance of 180mm)|
|Dimensions (Maximum Diameter x Length)||φ109.4mm×263.6mm|
|Weight||2,100g (tripod socket included)|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 5.00|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): 6.30|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
As the number of L Mount lenses swells the addition of the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens is a most welcome addition for photographers and videographers who capture distant subjects. It has been designed to offer high speed focusing along with excellent subject tracking from the high speed AF mechanism with a stepping motor combined with a high-precision magnetic sensor. Results are excellent with users able to track subjects from afar harnessing mirrorless AF technologies from cameras in the Leica Alliance.
Sigma has also included a series of controls on the lens barrel including three customisable switches along with their Dual Action Zoom mechanism also seen in the 100-400mm f/5-6.3 Contemporary lens for L-Mount. This lets you zoom from near to far by extending the barrel or employ the ring depending on the situation. Optical stabilisation offers up to 4-stops of compensation along with and OS switch and Custom Mode for versatile shooting.
The ability to extend the reach using either of the teleconverters available for L Mount provides a lens with extraordinary zoom capabilities up to 1200mm. Alongside this versatility is a minimum focus distance of just 58cm at the wide end along with near tele-macro magnification of 1:2.9 for detailed shots. Overall the combination of sharp, high resolving detail with a pro feature set make for an extremely compelling choice for telephoto photographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.