OM System M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Telephoto Zoom Lens
Specifically for Micro four thirds the telephoto zoom Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lens has a versatile long range and features a bright constant aperture and weather sealing.
- Responsive and effective AF from first Dual VCM (Voice Coil Motor) AF system
- Versatile telephoto zoom range in one compact lens design
- High quality optics render sharp, detailed images with excellent contrast throughout
- Dust and moisture sealing to reduce the impact of weather conditions
- Compatible with Olympus teleconverters for greater zoom reach
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens Summary
Olympus 'M.ZUIKO PRO' high-performance lens features a dust proof and splash proof construction rugged enough for professional use, especially ideal when paired with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 III and other pro bodies in Olympus cameras arsenal. All M.Zuiko lenses are compatible with the entire range of Olympus PEN and OM-D cameras as well as other MFT cameras.
Professional quality telephoto shooting is now rugged and highly portable.
The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO is compact and lightweight, yet will provide you with a 35mm equivalent of an 80-300mm lens when attached your Micro Four Thirds camera . This high-performance telephoto lens will also cover a maximum aperture value of f/2.8 for brightness at all focal lengths. The lens has a 72mm filter thread size.
Lightweight and portable for outdoor photographers
Even though this M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO lens is a fast telephoto zoom lens, it ensures easy mobility due to its compact size and lightweight design. The lens is also dust, splash and freeze-proof like all Olympus Pro lenses, ideal for taking everywhere, particularly outdoors where weather plays a role. With an equivalent focal range of 80-300mm and a bright constant aperture this model is ideal for wildlife, sports and action photographers and can be paired with thither the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20 or Olympus MC-14 1.4x TeleConverter for even greater reach.
Hi resolution resolving power
Olympus designed this lens with Super ED and HD optical elements for some of the best-ever image quality. Smooth circular bokeh combined with a high resolution and pin-sharp details will leave users impressed from the centre to the edges of the frame.
Ultra-fast AF motor
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO features the world's first Dual VCM (voice coil motor) AF which are two individually controlled linear drive motors make AF performance extremely fast and very smooth. A L-Fn button allows photographers to customise the lens with their most used camera settings.
|Offers: Free Gift|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Micro Four Thirds Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 79|
|Length (mm): 160|
|Weight (g): 880|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 40 - 150 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 150|
|Maximum magnification: 0.21|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 40|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 Aspherical ED lens, 2 Aspherical lenses, 1 SED lens, 3 ED lenses, 1 HD lens|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Olympus Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lens is the first lens to feature a Dual VCM (Voice Coil Motor) AF system and the results are impressive throughout its versatile zoom range. These independently controlled linear focus motors are fast and smooth, perfect for a range of subjects even when they might be fast moving. This helps the lens to serve its purpose as a compact sports, wildlife and action option, with an equivalent focal width of 80-300mm (35mm format). Results are excellent thanks to the bright constant aperture and advanced optical design with ED glass elements. These capture high resolution and detailed images with particularly well controlled distortion.
If you compare the size and weight to an f/2.8 full frame equivalent lens this comes up trumps by a considerable margin weighing just 760g and measuring 16cm long. Micro four thirds users get a great choice of options too, with the budget friendly Digital ED 100-400mm lens or fixed prime Olympus 300mm f/4 IS PRO to choose from. Whilst these both offer IS, neither boasts the bright aperture nor the new focus system which this 40-150mm f/2.8 provides.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.