Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Super Telephoto Lens
The quality Micro 4/3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens sets records as the most compact, lightweight super telephoto making it ideal for sports and wildlife photography or video.
- Its super transportable nature
- Its fast speed when focussing
- The high level of stability it attains
OLYMPUS M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO LENS SUMMARY
- The world's most compact, lightweight telephoto lens at time of release
- The world's most powerful 6-step image stabilisation system
- Shortest focusing distance for telemacro photography
- Less than 300ms autofocus speed
- Olympus' first professional 300mm MFT compatible telephoto lens
- IS synchronises with the 5-axis OM-D system
- Dust, freeze, and splashproof
Product features in detail
At just 1270g (1475g with its tripod adaptor), it is the most compact and lightweight telephoto lens available. In fact it is around ¼ of the weight of current equivalent focal length SLR lenses and is only 227mm in length (280mm when using the hood), so also happens to be aircraft hand luggage-compliant.
The lens incorporates a Sync IS mechanism which coordinates with the 5-axis system fitted to the E-M5 Mark II and OM-D E-M1 models. This results in 6 EV steps of enhanced compensation and minimises shaking when capturing video.
For telemacro photography, this lens has the shortest focusing distance in its category, ranging from 14mm to 600mm. Autofocus is under 300ms and the focus clutch enables you to switch between it and predetermined focus settings.
With a dustproof, freezeproof (down to -10°C), and splashproof design, outdoor shots won't be hampered by dust storms or showers for example, so this weather sealed robust lens is ideal for wildlife or sports photography, but performs equally well across other areas.
With a focal length equivalent to 600mm in 35mm format, the Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens is ideal for sports, wildlife and action photographers who use the Olympus OM-D range of cameras. This PRO lens is designed for speed, compactness and versatility, particularly when combined with either the M.Zuiko Digital 2x MC-20 Teleconverter or the Olympus MC-14 1.4x TeleConverter, both of which extend the focal width whilst maintaining weather sealing integrity.
Adding TC’s will enable the user to enjoy super-telephoto macro photography, whilst retaining clear image quality thanks to advanced optics employed in this Olympus lens. Browse our complete micro four thirds lens line-up here to accompany this model.
Don’t forget to add lens filters in the form of either a UV filter to reduce the effect of super telephoto long range haze or a circular polariser to reduce glare. We recommend the following filters for compatibility and excellent performance with this lens:
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Micro Four Thirds Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 93|
|Length (mm): 227|
|Weight (g): 1270|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 300 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 300|
|Maximum magnification: 0.24|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 300|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.4|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three super ED, one extra-high refractive, three high refractive elements + ZERO nano coating|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Due to its portability, this lens is ideal for photographers on the move. Its weatherproof nature ensures it can survive in harsh environmental conditions, so is perfect for both wildlife and sports photography. With enhanced stabilisation, it is also well suited for video recording.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.