- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Super Telephoto Lens
The quality Micro 4/3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens sets records as the most compact, lightweight super telephoto making it ideal for sports and wildlife photography or video.
Earn 2399 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Super transportable lens which is compact, lightweight and easy to hand hold
- Excellent AF speed even when when focussing on moving subjects
- 6-stop optical stabilisation works extremely well for hand held subjects
- Superb image quality across all fronts including sharpness, distortion and aberrations
- Tele-macro shooting with close focus of 1.4m for close-up work
OLYMPUS M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO LENS SUMMARY
- The world's most compact, lightweight telephoto lens at time of release
- The world's most powerful 6-step image stabilisation system
- Shortest focusing distance for telemacro photography
- Less than 300ms autofocus speed
- Olympus' first professional 300mm MFT compatible telephoto lens
- IS synchronises with the 5-axis OM-D system
- Dust, freeze, and splashproof
Product features in detail
At just 1270g (1475g with its tripod adaptor), it is the most compact and lightweight telephoto lens available. In fact it is around ¼ of the weight of current equivalent focal length SLR lenses and is only 227mm in length (280mm when using the hood), so also happens to be aircraft hand luggage-compliant.
The lens incorporates a Sync IS mechanism which coordinates with the 5-axis system fitted to the E-M5 Mark II and OM-D E-M1 models. This results in 6 EV steps of enhanced compensation and minimises shaking when capturing video.
For telemacro photography, this lens has the shortest focusing distance in its category, ranging from 14mm to 600mm. Autofocus is under 300ms and the focus clutch enables you to switch between it and predetermined focus settings.
With a dustproof, freezeproof (down to -10°C), and splashproof design, outdoor shots won't be hampered by dust storms or showers for example, so this weather sealed robust lens is ideal for wildlife or sports photography, but performs equally well across other areas.
With a focal length equivalent to 600mm in 35mm format, the Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens is ideal for sports, wildlife and action photographers who use the Olympus OM-D range of cameras. This PRO lens is designed for speed, compactness and versatility, particularly when combined with either the M.Zuiko Digital 2x MC-20 Teleconverter or the Olympus MC-14 1.4x TeleConverter, both of which extend the focal width whilst maintaining weather sealing integrity.
Adding TC’s will enable the user to enjoy super-telephoto macro photography, whilst retaining clear image quality thanks to advanced optics employed in this Olympus lens. Browse our complete micro four thirds lens line-up here to accompany this model.
Don’t forget to add lens filters in the form of either a UV filter to reduce the effect of super telephoto long range haze or a circular polariser to reduce glare. We recommend the following filters for compatibility and excellent performance with this lens:
- Hoya 77mm Ultra Pro UV Filter
- Hoya REVO SMC 77mm UV Filter
- Hoya 77mm Ultra Pro Circular Polariser
- The Think Tank Hydrophobia M 70-200 V3.0 Rain Cover will protect the camera and lens whilst shooting in wet or particular dusty environments.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Micro Four Thirds Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 93|
|Length (mm): 227|
|Weight (g): 1270|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 300 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 300|
|Maximum magnification: 0.24|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 300|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.4|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three super ED, one extra-high refractive, three high refractive elements + ZERO nano coating|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens is ideal for photographers on the move with a compact and lightweight size that is easy to travel with. With an equivalent focal width of 600mm this lens perfectly demonstrates the benefits of micro four thirds system which full frame photographers can only dream of. Its weatherproof nature ensures it can survive in harsh environmental conditions, making it perfect for wildlife and sports photography. With enhanced stabilisation at up to 6-stops of benefit the Digital ED 300mm f/4 is also well suited for video and one of the most accomplished options in the Olympus lens range.
With an f/4 fixed aperture users can create soft out of focus areas to separate their subject perfectly, setting this model apart from other options including the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm lens which has a variable aperture and lesser optical stabilisation. Choose this lens for telephoto and tele-macro subjects where you’ll be able to beat the elements, gain really impressive image results and produce stunning movies without the need for a bulky, heavy lens in your bag.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.