Canon Extender RF 1.4x
The full-frame mirrorless Canon Extender RF 1.4x is fully compatible with 3 RF-mount super telephoto lenses and provides extended reach with complete IS and AF functionality and no image quality loss.
- lightweight weather sealed construction for outdoor use even during poor weather
- Extends the range of full-frame super telephoto lenses by 1.4x without any image quality penalty
- Maintains advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF functionality for lightning quick autofocus on all compatible lenses
- Maintains lens stabilisation function with all compatible lenses for sharper images
Canon Extender RF 1.4x Summary
The announcement of three super telephoto lenses for Canon full-frame mirrorless cameras was accompanied by this Extender RF 1.4x. The extender (or teleconverter) has been designed to provide even better optics than existing EF versions for DSLR cameras and features the same weather sealing as L-Series lenses. Seven optics are arranged into four groups to maximise sharpness and retain high contrast. The Extender is currently compatible with the professional quality RF 100-500mm lens as well as both enthusiast super telephoto models; the RF 600mm and RF 800mm lens. Maximum focal lengths are increased by 40% to provide 700mm, 800mm and 1120mm respectively. Note that when mounted on the RF 100-500mm a mechanism limits the zoom between 300 to 500mm preventing the lens elements from hitting the extender.
This Extender also fits the two new pro telephoto lenses released in 2021, the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM and RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM. If you are after fast prime super telephotos with extended reach there are no better options on the market for Canon.
Adding this extender to any of these lenses maintains lens features including full Dual Pixel CMOS AF functionality as well as full image stabilisation (IS). This allows wildlife, sports and any other photographers who work at long focal lengths to benefit from fast, accurate autofocus whilst still benefitting from anti shake functionality. The Canon Extender RF 1.4x weighs only 225g. which means mirrorless photographers can continue to enjoy a truly lightweight compact system. A final notable feature is that the exterior is coated in the same heat shield used on the RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM to prevent any performance deterioration in high temperatures.
Canon Extender RF 1.4x Specifications
Extender / TeleConverter
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
71.2mm x 20.3mm
Also available as the Extender RF 2x for similar characteristics and compatibility, with double the focal length.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Tele Converters|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 1.4x|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.