Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM Super Telephoto Lens
The Canon RF 800mm lens is the world's lightest super telephoto at this length yet still provides 4 stops of stabilisation and is compatible with new extenders for up to an incredible 1600mm of range.
- Extremely compact and lightweight super telephoto lens for easy travel and transportation
- Effective 4 stop image stabilisation delivers sharper images at this reach
- Smooth and quiet STM focus system ensures confidence even with optional extenders mounted
- Clever lens designs provides compact storage together with easy lens control adjustments
- Huge range with optional Canon extenders mounted for up to 1600mm focal length
Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM Lens Summary
Amateur and enthusiast photographers who enjoy subjects requiring extensive super telephoto reach will be thrilled at the RF 800mm f/11 IS STM Lens from Canon. This full-frame lens together with the RF 600mm f/11 IS STM provide ground breaking AF and IS optics at this size and weight. The RF 800mm weighs just 1260g. which is staggering for such a long focal length. A clever barrel design also allows the lens to be contracted for transportation or storage when not in use, then extended when mounted onto any Canon full-frame mirrorless camera body. Certain settings can also be conveniently adjusted on the barrel with the lens control ring.
Travel wildlife, bird, sports and aviation photographers will particularly benefit from this model’s range, placing extremely distant subjects within their reach. The addition of 4 stops of optical stabilisation compensates for lower light levels or when handheld, delivering consistently sharper images. The removal of aperture blades ensures very pleasing out of focus areas particularly when the subject is isolated from distracting backgrounds. Canon’s STM focus system ensures smooth, quiet and confidence in subject acquisition and maintains full operation even when either of the optional Extenders are mounted. The 1.4x extends the lens to 1120mm and the 2x to an incredible 1600mm. Full image stabilisation and Dual Pixel CMOS AF functionality remains with extenders mounted, delivering distinct advantages to photographers with far away subjects.
Canon RF 800mm Lens in more detail
Image size: Full frame
Focal length: 800mm
Angle of view: (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 02°35′, 01°40′, 03°05′
Lens construction: 11 elements in 8 groups
No. of diaphragm blades: N/A
Minimum aperture: 11
Closest focussing distance: 6m.
Maximum magnification: 0.14x
Distance Information: Yes
Image stabiliser: 4 stops
AF actuator: STM
Extender compatibility: RF extenders only
SPECIFICATIONS WITH EXTENDER: RF 1.4X
Focal Length: 1120mm
Maximum Aperture: f/16
Maximum Magnification: 0.19x
AF Possible: Yes
IS Operates: Yes
SPECIFICATIONS WITH EXTENDER: RF 2X
Focal Length: 1600mm
Maximum Aperture: f/22
Maximum Magnification: 0.28x
AF Possible: Yes
IS Operates: Yes
Canon Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM Sample Images
800mm. 1/1000th sec. ISO 3200. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R6)
800mm. 1/320th sec. ISO 1600. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R)
1120mm. 1/40th sec. ISO 1600. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R With Extender 1.4x)
800mm. 1/160th sec. ISO 1600. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R)
RF 800MM LENS Specifications
Super Telephoto Prime Lens
f/11 - f/16
Up to 4 Stops
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
101.6mm x 351.8mm (MAX)
What else is included in the box?
- Lens Cap E-95
- Rear End Cap Lens Dust Cap RF
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 102|
|Length (mm): 352|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 800 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 800|
|Maximum magnification: 0.14|
|Maximum aperture (number): 11|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 800|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 6|
|Minimum aperture (number): 11|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Gapless double-layer diffractive optics|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
As example images show the Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM lens is an extremely competent full-frame super telephoto wildlife option. Other subjects photographers may pursue include travel birding, sports and even aviation photography all of which benefit from this 800mm or longer range. Amateurs and enthusiasts now have an affordable option which boasts exceptional Dual Pixel CMOS AF functionality even when either of the 1.4x or 2x Extenders is mounted. Image stabilisation delivers 4 EV stops of anti shake compensation making this lens truly groundbreaking considering its compact size and light 1260g. weight. Similarly IS also works fully with a mounted Extender providing the stability super telephoto lengths require.
Clever Canon designers have made the lens barrel extendable, allowing for a far shorter length when not in use or whilst travelling or hiking. Whilst brighter conditions draw out the best in this lens, care has been taken with advanced Diffractive Optic technology and the removal of aperture blades to provide soft out of focus areas and subject isolation even at f/11 or higher. Combining all of these practical features at such an aggressive price point makes for an extremely compelling telephoto lens choice for Canon mirrorless photographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.