Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM Super Telephoto Lens
The Canon RF 600mm is the world's lightest super telephoto lens and features 5 stops of stabilisation, fast AF and is fully compatible with new 1.4x and 2x extenders for up to 1200mm reach.
- World’s lightest 600mm super telephoto lens suitable for outdoor photography, hiking and travel
- AF motor works quickly and quietly even when an extender is mounted at up to 1200mm
- Image stabilisation provides up to 5EV stops of anti shake compensation for sharper images
- Ideal lens for amateurs and enthusiasts to explore a range of wildlife and sports subjects
- Excellent choice for safari excursions where heavier lenses may be awkward to bring
Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM Lens Summary
The release of the RF 600mm f/11 IS STM lens complements a number of highly innovative world first product releases from Canon for their RF camera and RF mirrorless lens line-up. This full-frame super telephoto prime is the world’s lightest AF model at 600mm weighing in at a mere 930g. This provides enthusiast wildlife and sports photographers with a cost effective, lightweight and highly compact model to immerse themselves into their hobby. The casing can be contracted when not in use, then expanded again when mounted onto the camera body. This tidy feature ensures the RF 600mm f/11 is easily portable and comfortable to stow in any camera backpack when travelling. It is Canon’s innovative Diffractive Optics technology (DO) which allows for the 600mm lens to be so lightweight and portable.
Enthusiasts using this telephoto benefit from 5 stops of built-in image stabilisation which works seamlessly with Canon’s mirrorless bodies. Focussing is quick and precise thanks to the tried and tested STM focus motor although the focus area is slightly reduced when compared to other far more expensive mirrorless lenses such as the RF 100-500mm. A huge benefit of this model (together with the RF 800mm super telephoto) is the ability to mount either of the 1.4x or 2x Extenders. This provides enviable reach of 840mm or 1200mm for extremely distant subjects whilst maintaining IS and Dual Pixel CMOS AF functionality. Brighter conditions will favour this lens and using an aperture of f/11 ensures excellent depth of field even for smaller subjects such as birds. It is also possible to achieve very reasonable out of focus areas and subject isolation when set apart from the background.
Canon RF 600mm Lens in more detail:
Image size: Full frame
Focal length: 600mm
Angle of view: (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 03°30′, 02°20′, 04°10′
Lens construction: 10 elements in 7 groups
No. of diaphragm blades: N/A
Minimum aperture: 11
Closest focussing distance: 4.5m.
Maximum magnification: 0.14x
Distance Information: Yes
Image stabiliser: 5 stops
AF actuator: STM
Extender compatibility: RF extenders only
SPECIFICATIONS WITH EXTENDER: RF 1.4X
Focal Length: 840mm
Maximum Aperture: f/16
Maximum Magnification: 0.19x
AF Possible: Yes
IS Operates: Yes
SPECIFICATIONS WITH EXTENDER: RF 2X
Focal Length: 1200mm
Maximum Aperture: f/22
Maximum Magnification: 0.28x
AF Possible: Yes
IS Operates: Yes
Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM Sample Images
600mm. 1/1400th sec. ISO 1600. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R6)
600mm. 1/1000th sec. ISO 3200. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R6)
600mm. 1/200th sec. ISO 1600. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R)
600mm. 1/250th sec. ISO 800. f/11 (Mounted on EOS R)
CANON RF 600MM Lens Specifications
Super Telephoto Prime Lens
f/11 - f/16
Up to 5 Stops
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
93mm x 269.5mm (MAX)
What else is included in the box?
- Lens Cap E-82 II
- Lens case/pouch LZ1328
- Rear End Cap Lens Dust Cap RF
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 93|
|Length (mm): 270|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 600 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 600|
|Maximum magnification: 0.14|
|Maximum aperture (number): 11|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 600|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 4.5|
|Minimum aperture (number): 11|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: DO lens (Gapless double-layer diffractive optics)|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The RF 600mm f/11 IS STM lens is a prime example of Canon’s ability to innovate with market leading products for their full-frame mirrorless camera system. A super telephoto lens at this length has historically cost the same as a small car and weighed considerably more. This model however is the world lightest AF model, complementing any RF mirrorless body perfectly. Clever contraction and expansion of the lens allows photographers to walk, hike and travel easily and the modest 930g. weight is comfortable to handhold for any length of time. For those who shoot without a tripod or monopod, 5 stops of image stabilisation compensates admirably during low light levels although the f/11 aperture favours brighter conditions.
The ability to mount either of Canon’s Extenders whilst maintaining full Dual Pixel CMOS AF and stabilisation functionality is the icing on the cake for this super telephoto. Focal lengths increases from 600mm to 840mm or 1200mm covering subjects which are extremely far away. This presents sports, wildlife, and press photographers a distinct advantage. The construction with 10 optical elements in 7 groups provides ample quality for casual photographers to immerse themselves in new subjects whilst allowing the lens to benefit from such a compelling price point. We are certain the RF 600mm will find its’ way into many kit bags and provide photographers with huge telephoto reach on their adventures.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.