This product has been discontinued.
Canon EOS 5DS R Digital SLR Camera Body
The full-frame Canon EOS 5DS R digital SLR camera body is capable of ultra-high resolution with amazing detail at 50.6 megapixels thanks to its' low-pass cancellation filter that maximises sharpness.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 1010040L
Canon EOS 5DS R DSLR Camera SUMMARY
- 50.6 megapixel sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 image processors
- 1.3x and 1.6x cropped shooting modes produce 30.5MP and 19.6MP files
- 150,000-dot pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
- Continuous shooting up to 5 frames per second
- 61-point autofocus with 41 cross-types and 5 double cross-type focus points
- Intelligent Tracking and Recognition (iTR) AF
- Full HD movies with pre-programmable interval timer and time-lapse option
- HDR mode
- Fine Detail Picture Style
- Multiple exposure mode
- Low-pass cancellation filter
- Mirror Vibration Control System
- Customisable screen
- SD and Compact Flash slots
- USB 3.0
- Weather-sealed build
View compatible Canon lenses (excluding EF-S / EF-M lenses)
Product features in detail
The Canon EOS 5DS R uses a huge 50.6MP image sensor to achieve outstanding detail and clarity. images this size can be cropped significantly and still maintain a very high level of quality. 1.3x and 1.6x cropped shooting modes deliver 30.5MP and 19.6MP image files.
The EOS 5DS R uses powerful Dual DIGIC 6 processors for ultra-quick and responsive image processing. Noise levels are kept to a minimum, so printing images at large sizes - even at A0 and beyond - doesn't pose a problem.
The 5DS' 61-point autofocus system has 41 cross-type focus points and 5 super-sensitive double cross-type points for increased precision, so you can focus accurately and quickly, even in low-light conditions. You can choose to use all 61 points together, or group them into moveable zones that cover off-centre subjects. Furthermore, you can select one autofocus point to focus on a particular area of the scene.
The Intelligent Tracking and Recognition (iTR) AF system detects and follows subjects that move around the frame by recognising colour and face information. You can tailor the AF responsiveness to your environment, so other moving objects won't distract from your primary point of focus.
Fine detail picture style
Fine detail picture style lets you prioritise detail and gradations and modify in-camera sharpening, including threshold and fineness for JPEG files, producing high impact images directly from the camera.
Multi exposure and HDR modes
Multi exposure more overlays images in-camera and offers you various automatic multiple exposure options.
HDR imaging helps you to retain maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas, by combining standard, underexposed, and overexposed images, and works especially well for landscape and still-life images.
Low-pass cancellation filter
Digital SLRs usually use a low-pass filter which reduces digital artefacts, but softens the image a little. The EOS 5DS R uses low-pass filter cancellation to produces super-sharp images. If you would prefer a model with a low-pass filter included, you should opt for the Canon EOS 5DS.
what else is included in the box?
- LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
- LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack
- IFC-150U II USB 3.0 Interface Cable
- Eyecup Eg
- RF-3 Body Cap for Canon EOS Cameras
- EW-EOS 5DSR Wide Strap
- Cable Protector
- EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk
- Limited 1 Year Warranty
- Canon WFT-E7 version 2 Wireless File Transmitter* compatible with Eye-Fi cards
- Canon BG-E11 Battery Grip
- Canon Remote Control with N3 type contact
- Canon LC-5 Wireless Controller
- Canon RC-6 Remote Controller and Speedlite 600EX-RT
- Canon GP-E2 GPS
- Canon Eyecup Eb
- Canon Eg-series Dioptric Adjustiment Lens with Rubber Frame Eg
- Canon Anti Fog Eyepiece Eg
- Canon angle Finder C
- Canon Hand Strap E2
- Canon Connect Station CS100
- Canon Speedlites (90EX, 220EX, 270EX, 270EX II, 320EX, 380EX, 420EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX, 600EX-RT, Macro-ring-Lite MR-14EX, Macro ring Lite MR-14EX II, Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT)
*WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter requires a firmware update and IFC-40AB II or IFC-150AB II Interface Cable
Canon EOS 5DS R Digital SLR Camera Body Specifications
The EOS 5DS R further develops Canon’s 5D line by introducing a massive 50MP image sensor, a Mirror Vibration Control System, and intelligent autofocusing abilities. Photographers looking for a an easy to use, but professional level DSLR will have found their perfect match.
- The huge 50.6MP sensor
- Its Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF
- The low-pass cancellation filter for extra sharpness
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.