Canon EOS R5 C Digital Camera
The Canon EOS R5 C is a video-centric hybrid digital camera for pro movie creators with no-limit Cinematic full frame 8K video, 45MP stills sensor, Cinema RAW Light, False colour, Timecode and much more
Earn 4149 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Compact, robust and refined full frame camera body packed with video-centric hybrid features for professional creators
- Capture 8K/30p 12bit RAW recording with Cinema RAW Light and 4K/120p HFR in 4:2:2 10-bit
- Up to 20fps 45 megapixel full frame photos and full Dual Pixel CMOS AF capabilities with the DIGIC X processor
- Loaded with video features including XF-AVC, False colour and waveforms, Timecode, Tally Lamp and more
- Pro connectivity for 8K RAW HDMI Output, Multi-function Shoe Interface and Browser Remote via WFT-R10 Transmitter
Canon EOS R5 C Digital Camera Summary
Shoot stunning 8K full frame video and capture incredible 45MP stills at 20fps from the compact Canon EOS R5 C digital camera. This video-first hybrid body combines technology from Canon Cinema line pro video cameras with mirrorless EOS R systems, to make Canon’s smallest, lightest and most versatile hybrid camera for pro content creators and filmmakers. The R5 C includes tried and tested components from the hugely successful EOS R5 with an RF lens mount, high resolution 45MP CMOS sensor and the latest DIGIC X processor. Where the R5 is aimed at photographers and video creators, the EOS R5 C is aimed at videographers first and foremost. To this end Canon has added specific features including Cinema RAW Light, XF-AVC, False colour, a Tally lamp, Timecode terminal and waveforms. You can record without limit in PQ, HLG and Canon Log 3 thanks to a new internal cooling system, while a touch interface and advanced AF make sure you never miss a shot, whatever you’re shooting.
- Full frame CMOS sensor with 45 megapixel stills at 20fps
- Cinematic 8K video up to 30fps 12bit RAW internal recording (60fps with external power supply)
- Cinema RAW Light (LT / ST / HQ)
- Oversampled 4K from full frame pixel readout
- Mirrorless RF lens mount, EF-EOS R Mount Adapters and Anamorphic lens support
- Weather and dust sealed magnesium alloy body with new cooling system for unlimited record times in key formats
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye AF / EOS iTR AF X
- Dedicated terminals for Timecode, Multifunction Shoe, 3.5mm mic, headphones, micro-HDMI, flash sync, USB-C and 5Ghz Built-in Wireless LAN
- Dual card slot simultaneous proxy recording with CFexpress Type B and high speed UHS-II SD card
- 5-axis Electronic IS works alongside or independently to optical IS with compatible lenses
Canon EOS R5 C Hybrid Camera in More Detail
Internal RAW recording with Cinema RAW Light
Record internally to a CFexpress card using Cinema RAW Light optimised for 12bit HDR with more efficient data handling. This means you can capture up to 8K 60p for extended recording periods with an external power source, using the whole width of the full-frame sensor, for a truly cinematic look.
High Quality 4K Video
Alongside 8K capabilities, the EOS R5 C records 4K DCI (full frame) and 4K UHD at frame rates up to 120fps with audio and auto focus in 4:2:2/10-bit, for smooth slow-motion with stunning high resolution. The EOS R5 C over-samples the full-frame sensor for exceptional 4K and Full HD clarity with increased sharpness, colour fidelity, and low noise. Possibilities are endless with 4K and up to 8K readout oversampling for 4:2:2 10-bit HD during 4K/2K recording and 4K/120p HFR in 4:2:2 10-bit without cropping, using Intra and Long GOP compression. Full AF functionality is maintained even when recording at high frame rates, with incredible results.
Canon’s EOS R5 C can record audio without requiring a separate audio input when shooting slow motion sequences – with a separate audio file generated.
New Internal Cooling System for Long-Form Recording
Heat is dissipated from the R5 C camera body with a new internal fan, which enables longer 8K internal video recording times. Dust and weather sealed performance is also maintained thanks to the new internal design, which separates airflow from vital electronic components.
Professional Photo Capabilities
Photography specifications are identical to those found in the EOS R5, including features such as Automatic Exposure Bracketing and Interval Timer for creative timelapse. The 45 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor captures superb clarity, low noise and wide dynamic range, with burst speeds up to 20fps, while harnessing ISO sensitivity as high as ISO 51,200.
Robust, Compact and Lightweight Body Design
With premium build-quality in magnesium alloy, a new cooling system, full weather sealing and intuitive touch control, the EOS R5 C body still weighs in at only 680g – just 30g heavier than the R5.
OLED EVF and Vari-Angle LCD Screen
Users enjoy the bright 3.2-inch HD LCD monitor, as well as the 5.76 million-dot OLED viewfinder (EVF), both of which are identical to those found in the R5. The touchscreen LCD employs easy touch control and integration with Dual Pixel CMOS AF to select focus points.
Intuitive Control With Limitless Customisation
Intuitive control is gained from three electronic dials and one multi-controller to easily change camera settings. A pro-video user interface with refined button layout offers 13 assignable buttons for limitless customisation of the camera, putting you in complete control. This provides excellent access to favourites and new video features such as Waveform monitor, AF settings and High frame Rate recording.
Visual Guides and Buttons
- Easily visible red REC bottom on the front of the camera
- Tally Lamp on the front face
- Photo/Video switching from 3-position power dial
- Easily accessible A DIN 1.0/2.3 Timecode terminal for multi-camera productions
- Canon’s new Multi-accessory shoe to attach XLR audio and other accessories
Extensive Lens Compatibility
Not only does the camera feature Canon’s RF Mount for compatibility with a growing number of high quality optics, but you can also use EF Cinema lenses with an EF-EOS R mount adapter. You’ll also have compatibility with Anamorphic Lenses for 2x, 1.8x and 1.3x de-squeeze options, via a third party adapter. 5-axis Electronic IS seamlessly works alongside, or independently to the optical IS found in lenses, to achieve stable and smooth footage when required.
Several options are available for EF to RF adapters including:
- Standard Canon EF-EOS R Mount Adapter
- Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
- Canon EF-EOS R Mount Adapter With Variable ND Filter
- Canon EF-EOS R Mount Adapter With Drop-In Circular Polariser
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Canon’s proprietary AF system is hugely successful giving film makers and photographers high performance and high precision focus capabilities. Touch focus can control high speed continuous AF within approximately 80% of the vertical and horizontal area of the screen. Utilise Eye AF, Face Priority and Face-only detection to change AF only when faces appear in the frame.
The R5 C comes equipped with a deep learning algorithm to improve subject tracking for head detection. It also offers human detection (Eye/Face/Head), allowing the camera to track subjects even if Autofocus is unavailable.
- These advanced AF features allow you to track the human eye continuously, use EOS iTR AF X Face and Head detection even when the subject turns around and keep your subjects in focus during more difficult shooting situations.
- AF settings can be fine-tuned to suit your environment with customisable AF speed in 10 increments and tracking response in seven.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF also helps with manual focusing by advising when there is front or back focus on your subject, using Phase Difference technology.
Base ISO Setting
Select a Base ISO for optimum shooting sensitivity in various environments, with a default Auto setting, which adjusts to get the best results in low light situations. This keeps noise to a minimum using high sensitivity for dark environments and low sensitivity where there is plenty of available light. Configurable ISO ranges are between ISO 100 to 102,400, which are available in different Gamma settings from RAW or Canon Log 3 (Auto ISO 1600 - 3200) to BT.709 standard or normal for Auto ISO 160 - 640.
Custom Picture Models With Canon Log 3 and HDR Support
The Canon EOS R5 C supports Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Perceptual Quantisation (PQ) compliant with ITU-R BT.2100 for HDR applications. You can learn more directly from the ITU here, with downloads available for what compliance actually means. Essentially this camera will capture Vivid or Natural colour according to various HDR standards up to BT.2390. You can also import 3D LUTs which you can use alongside custom Picture parameters.
Enhanced Direct Touch Menu Control
The standard menu now supports multi-level touch control so you can access menus like readout settings with one button, you can swipe to set on-screen parameters and even adjust AF, Base ISO and more.
8K RAW HDMI Output
Shoot in Apple ProRes at up to 8K/30p 10-bit using the Atomos Ninja V+ 8K recorder over HDMI. Post production efficiency is also improved with the ability to record proxy data simultaneously to an SD card. An 8K external recorder also lets you shoot 60p RAW in 5.9K and 4K, 10-bit and 12-bit correspondingly.
Multi-function Shoe Interface
Canon’s latest multi-function shoe technology found in the EOS R3 and XF605 is included with the EOS R5 C, enabling users to connect digital audio devices without any sound degradation. This means you can harness the latest DM-E1D Directional Stereo Microphone, GP-E2 GPS Receiver and other digital accessories, including the Tascam CA-XLR2d XLR Microphone Adapter.
Battery Grip And Wireless Transmitter Compatibility
Attach the Battery Grip BG-R10 to add two extra batteries (LP-E6NH or older LP-E6N) for longer shooting times and add the PD-E1 USB Power Adapter to charge newer LP-E6NH batteries or get power over USB.
If your work is mission critical or needs to be with your editor ASAP you can add the WFT-R10 Transmitter for enhanced networking functionality. The Wireless File Transmitter also enables you to utilise browser remote control and content transfer applications. The WFT-R10 also holds two batteries, making it the perfect all-in-one battery grip + wireless transmitter for professionals.
Continuous Power Options
The R5 C is powered by the latest LP-E6NH batteries, but also has more ways other than adding a battery grip to draw power for longer shooting times and uninterrupted recording. You can use the PD-E1 USB Power Adapter for USB power, or the DR-E6C DC coupler with AC Adapter CA-946 to draw from the mains.
EOS 180º VR System Support
CTM (Content Transfer Mobile) iPhone App
Record news ML-G2 metadata and proxy video/audio in-camera then instantly deliver from your iPhone to make your news workflow faster and more efficient.
Browser Remote with WFT-R10 Wireless Transmitter
Not only does the WFT-R10 Transmitter add the ability to add two batteries, but it also lets you control the camera from your smartphone, tablet or other device for single handed camera operation. This gives you record information, a browser on/off live view of the scene and the ability to adjust video settings including AF modes, Base ISO, Custom Picture modes and more.
Compare The R5 C
We’ve created a comprehensive blog post to compare the R5 C specs Vs R5 and C70, where you can see how these cameras differ, and which is the perfect tool for your craft.
What’s in the box
- Canon EOS R5 C Camera Body
- Battery Pack LP-E6NH
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- Shoulder Strap
- USB-C Cable
- Cable Protector
- AC Cable
Canon EOS R5 C Specifications
|Image Sensor Type||3:2 Full Frame CMOS sensor (36 x 24mm)|
|System||RGB primary colour filter (Bayer array)|
|Sensor Modes||Full Frame (8K) / Super 35mm (Crop) / Super 16mm(Crop)|
|Total Pixels||Approx. 47.10 megapixels|
|Image Processor Type||DIGIC X|
|Lens Mount Canon||RF mount|
|Peripheral Illumination Correction||Yes|
|Chromatic Aberration Correction||Yes|
|Distortion Correction||Yes, RF Mount lenses only|
|Iris Control||1/2-stop, 1/3-stop or FINE control|
|Cooke/I technology Support||No|
|Anamorphic Lens Support||Yes, x2.0 / x1.8 / x1.3|
|Double Slot Recording||Yes|
|Simultaneous Recording||Yes, in Dual Recording Mode|
|Pre Record||Yes, 3 seconds (XF-AVC or MP4 recording only)|
|Display Type||3.2 inch 3:2 LCD Touch Panel|
|Display Resolution||2.1 million dots|
|Display Touch Screen Functions||Focus point selection, Shooting setting adjust,Start/Stop recording (activated via Menu)|
|OSD Vertical Shooting||Yes, 90-degree rotation|
|Wave Form Monitor||Yes. LCD, EVF or HDMI|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Canon EOS R5 C|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 320|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 20.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 45|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.00|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 101|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 142|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 770|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Yes, 100 - 51200 (expands to 102400)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 51200|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 102400|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 1053|
|Number of white balance presets: 8|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC X|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: 2100000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 47.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 5760000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
These are exciting times for creators, with more people than ever producing pro-level video and stills content. Canon has seized the opportunity to meet those needs, designing a solution which combines the best of two worlds. The result is this R5 C hybrid camera, which falls somewhere between the R5 and EOS C70. It offers users a multitude of cutting edge video-centric features, within a compact and lightweight body. A newly designed cooling system says goodbye to record limits in vital formats, so you have an incredible tool that excels in long-form content, news and journalism, commercial filmmaking and of course professional-level photography.
There are endless formats to capture pro-quality movies internally or via HDMI, harnessing the full sensor for cinematic 8K up to 30fps, oversampled 4K, Full HD and high frame rate 4K at 120fps. Formats cater for any situation with three Cinema RAW Light options, XF-AVC, MP4 with simultaneous proxy recording. Lens options are virtually limitless too, with the native RF lens mount, EF lens compatibility using adapters and Anamorphic lens support.
Fast, accurate and reliable focus is achieved whether you’re shooting stills or video thanks to Canon’s ground-breaking Dual Pixel CMOS AF. This lets you acquire and track subjects with Eye AF and EOS iTR AF X, for precise and reliable face/head/eye tracking. The list of R5 C features is so comprehensive we know it is at the top of many content creator’s lists, as the must-have camera for their craft.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.