Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens
The Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G is a high resolution, extremely sharp full frame wide angle Power Zoom lens, which is ideal for content creation, vlogging, video and stills photography.
- Ultra wide to wide angle zoom lens with fixed f/4 aperture for video content creation and stills photography
- High resolving power with sharp details throughout the image from the use of special optical elements
- Super quick and accurate AF using four Extreme Dynamic Linear Motors fully compatible with subject detection
- Reduce the effects of focus breathing through compatibility with Breathing Compensation feature
- Dust and moisture resistant design with fluorine coating on the front element for indoor and outdoor reliability
Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens Summary
Designed for content creators working with full frame E-mount Sony mirrorless cameras and pro video cameras like the FX6, with the benefit of a fixed aperture, wide angle with Power Zoom capabilities, is the Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens. This SELP1635G model offers excellent resolving power from the centre of the frame right to the corners, with an array of professional controls making for a highly desirable ultra wide angle E-mount lens option, for vlogging, videography and stills photography.
One ED (Extra Low Dispersion), one Super ED and one newly developed ED aspherical element ensure high resolution, while rendering smooth backgrounds with pleasing out of focus blur. This lens joins the 50mm F/1.2 GM and updated 70-200mm F/2.8 GM Mark II with the inclusion of four XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors. Their complex construction deliver faster and more accurate focus, particularly when harnesses Sony’s advanced Phase-detection AF.
- Power zoom lens with fast, quiet AF
- Four fast XD Linear focus motors
- Pro control aperture ring, power zoom ring, zoom lever, focus hold, de-click switch and Iris lock
- Fluorine coating on front element
- Dust and moisture resistant design
- Breathing Compensation compatible
Full Frame FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G Series Wide Angle Power Zoom Lens in More Detail
High Resolution Sharp Optics
The SELP1635G lens is an excellent full frame lens for content creation, vlogging, videography, and stills photography. Sharpness and resolution are consistent across the image thanks to the inclusion of an optical design with one ED (Extra Low Dispersion), one Super ED, and one ED aspherical element. Together these help correct chromatic aberrations and other artefacts with excellent results.
A 7-bladed aperture is included with constant f/4 throughout the zoom, which renders smooth out of focus areas with defocus effects, desirable when isolating the subject from the background.
Fast, Precise Autofocus
Four of Sony’s most effective focusing motors are included in the PZ 16-35mm f/4 G lens, in the form of XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors. These ensure you’ll never miss a shot due to mis-focusing while delivering faster and more accurate AF and for the first time, zooming capability than conventional lenses for both videography and photography.
Excels Indoors and Outside
With a dust and moisture resistant design, this wide angle zoom performs reliably in any situation. The front element on this Sony mirrorless lens features a fluorine coating that repels water, oil, and other contaminants, while making it easy to wipe clean from fingerprints or dust.
Pro Video Features
With Focus breathing feature compatibility and Power Zoom capabilities this is a professional-level pro video lens is at home on cameras such as the Sony FX3 as full frame mirrorless bodies. Barrel controls offer videographers plenty of scope to manage their workflow and include the following:
- Focusing ring – linear response for precise MF
- Aperture ring
- Power zoom ring
- Zoom lever – variable or constant super slow or fast zooming
- Focus hold – customisable via menu
- Aperture de-click switch – use the lens with or without aperture clicks
- Iris lock
The FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G Series lens delivers smooth, fast and continuous auto focus performance for movie shooting, with minimised focus breathing, focus shift when zooming and axis shift when zooming, resulting in highly refined imagery.
What’s in the box
- Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Power Zoom Lens for Sony E Mount
- Lens Hood ALC-SH172
- Lens front cap ALC-F72S
- Lens rear cap ALC-R1EM
- Soft case
Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens Sample images
Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens Specifications
|Format||35mm full frame|
|35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C)||24-52.5|
|Lens Groups / Elements||44908|
|Angle of view (APS-C)||83°-44°|
|Angle of View (35mm)||107ﾟ-63ﾟ|
|Maximum aperture (F)||4|
|Minimum Aperture (F)||22|
|Minimum Focus Distance||0.28(W)-0.24(T)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||0.92(W)-0.79(T)|
|Maximum Magnification ratio (x)||0.23|
|Filter Diameter (mm)||72|
|Teleconverter compatibility (x1.4)||Incompatible|
|Teleconverter compatibility (x2.0)||Incompatible|
|Hood Type||Petal shape, bayonet type|
|Dimensions (Diameter x Length)||80.5×88.1|
|Dimensions (Diameter x Length)||3 1/4 ×3 1/2|
|Mount rubber ring||Yes|
|ED/Super ED glass (elements)||ED (1), Super ED (1)|
|Aspherical lens (elements)||Yes (4) (including 2 AA lens and 1 ED aspherical)|
|AF actuator||XD Linear Motor|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 81|
|Length (mm): 88|
|Weight (g): 353|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 16 - 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 0.23|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4.00|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 16|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.24|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: Yes|
|Special elements / coatings: 2 advanced aspherical; 1 (ED); 1 aspherical; 1 Super ED; 1 ED aspherical|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
With the release of this Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens, Sony is demonstrating further commitment to developing future-proof lenses packed with features for creators. Anyone who not only shoots stills but also vlogs, creates movies and works in video, gains a classic 16-35mm ultra wide to wide angle zoom with enhanced features, including plenty of video-specific barrel controls. When mounted on APS-C format cameras the equivalent focal length is 24-52.5mm resulting in a useful wide to standard zoom. The addition of Power Zoom in this lens enhances focusing options with smooth, precise and adjustability with highly desirable results. Sony also included four of their Extreme Dynamic motors, typically reserved for high-end lenses of this nature, ensuring you’ll be able to capture fast focus on any subjects.
Naturally the lens is capable both indoors and outside with dust, moisture and weather resistance, along with a front element fluorine coating for easy maintenance. Results you can achieve are noticeably sharp demonstrating high resolving power, rendering fine detail and you can capture smooth background blur. Whilst the 16-35mm f/2.8 GM may appeal more to photographers, the FE C 16-35mm T3.1 cine lens for pure videographers, this extremely competent PZ 16-35mm f/4 G falls somewhere in the middle. If you’re involved with both stills and video it makes for an irresistible option with superb results which are sure to impress.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.