Sony ECM-B1M Digital Audio Shotgun Microphone
The ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone from Sony features x3 directivity modes, mechanical noise suppression and a low-cut filter that cuts out subsonic noise with a cable free connection.
- Compact microphone with three directivity patterns – Super-directional, Unidirectional and Omnidirectional
- Cable-free Digital audio interface fits the latest Alpha camera bodies for a more streamlined and efficient workflow
- Measures only 99.3mm in length yet houses eight high-performance microphone units for great audio with low noise
- High-quality, low noise results with advanced shock and vibration suppressing and a low-cut filter built-in
- Also features analogue output for compatibility with a wide range of cameras and comes with a wind shield
Sony Digital Shotgun Microphone ECM-B1M Summary
The Cable-free MI shoe compatible Sony Shotgun Microphone ECM-B1M offers a versatile range of features for content creators. These include three directivity modes (Super-directional / Unidirectional / Omnidirectional), recording level control, analogue output and an attenuator, which makes it easy to set optimum signal levels.
A combination of compact size, great audio capabilities and powerful controls make this one of the most versatile video microphones on the market for videographers and content creators.
Key Sony ECM-B1M Microphone Features
- 8 mic capsules plus digital signal processing
- Super directional in a compact design, with three directivity patterns
- Comprehensive controls
- Digital audio interface for cable-free operation
- Compact system for efficient shooting
- Weighs just 77.3g and measures 99.3mm
Sony ECM-B1M Digital Audio Shotgun Microphone in More Detail
Three Directional Sound Capture Modes
Advanced digital signal processing makes it possible to offer three switchable directivity patterns in one versatile microphone: super-directional, unidirectional, and omnidirectional.
Super-directivity In A Compact Mic
Eight high-performance microphone units work with a newly developed beam-forming algorithm to provide extremely sharp directivity that effectively rejects off-axis sound. All of this is achieved by Sony in a remarkably compact microphone that is only 99.3mm in length.
Great Sound With Low Noise
When connected via the Multi Interface Shoe of a compatible camera that features a built-in digital audio interface, the audio signal is directly transferred to the camera in digital form so that no degradation can occur. A simple switch also provides compatibility with a wide range of cameras using an analogue interface.
Simply clip the microphone into the Multi Interface Shoe on a compatible camera for direct power and audio connections without the need for extra cables or batteries. Sony’s Multi Interface Shoe offers intelligent connectivity and control for a variety of accessories, providing maximum flexibility and mobility for system shooting.
A selection of Sony mirrorless cameras, which support the Multi Interface Shoe include:
Mechanical Noise Suppression
An advanced shock and vibration suppressing design effectively minimises low-frequency, or handling, noise that can degrade audio quality. The absence of connecting cables also means that no noise can be transmitted to the microphone mechanically via cables and connectors.
Effective Filter For Clear Sound
A low-cut filter that cuts out subsonic noise is implemented through digital signal processing, maximising audio quality at the recording stage and thereby reducing the need for complex post processing.
Record level control, analogue output for compatibility with a wide range of cameras, and an attenuator that makes it easy to set optimum signal levels all add to this microphone’s versatility. This level of control can contribute to smooth, stress-free post production.
Wind Screen Supplied
The ECM-B1M is supplied with a fur type wind screen that can reduce wind noise when shooting outdoors.
Sony designs a range of camera microphones to choose from alongside this model, including the Sony ECM-LV1 Stereo Lavalier Microphone for a lapel-type audio solution and the flagship XLR-K3M Adapter Kit And Microphone, which boasts two XLR/TRS combo connectors and one 3.5mm stereo mini jack.
What’s in the box
- Sony ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone
- Wind screen
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Microphones|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.