Rotolight AEOS 2 LED Light
The Rotolight AEOS 2 is the most portable continuous 1x1 LED light ever with High Speed Sync RGBWW flash (1/8000th), 16.7 million colours, 17,800 LUX flash at 1m and zero recycle time for photographers and movie makers.
- Extremely portable 1.4kg high power continuous LED and HSS flash, bright enough to overpower the sun
- Flash in any one of 16.7 million colours or 2,500 digital filters for unlimited creative options
- Zero recycle time and bright output of 10,700 LUX at 1m for high speed shooting indoors and out
- Endless creative options with RGBWW control as well as award winning special effects for instant drama
- Utilise a wide range of light modifiers with new mount adapters and a new time saving SmartSoft Box
Rotolight AEOS 2 LED Light Summary
Building on the strengths of the first generation light comes the updated Rotolight AEOS 2. It has been designed as the most portable 1x1 LED light ever made, offering excellent versatility for photographers and filmmakers. The compact unit combines the benefits of shoot what you see continuous lighting with High-Speed Sync RGB flash (1/8000th) and plenty of other features to boot. The flash output is a powerful 17,800 LUX at 1m and there’s zero recycle time between flashes, one of the primary benefits of LED technology. This version comes with a PSU, and there’s an optional AEOS 2 battery delivering up to 100,000 full-power flashes from a single charge.
The light can be triggered wirelessly from up to 200m with the integrated Elinchrom Skyport flash receiver and optional Skyport transmitters (see below for links). Rotolight also added the first ever intuitive touchscreen colour display for control, access to favourites, effects and more. A new App is also available for iOS and Android with similar control over the light, to adjust power and other settings right from the palm of your hand.
- 16.7 Million Colours (RGBWW)
- Colour temperature from 3000 - 10,000K
- 2500 digital filters
- Intuitive colour touchscreen display
- High Speed RGBWW Flash (1/8000th), zero recycle time
- Award-winning colour engine with TLCI 99
- Built-in award-winning suite of 14 CineSFX™ special effects
- Native iOS and Android app to control for control, to pick colours and more
- Trigger from up to 200m using an optional Skyport transmitter
- Wide range of accessories using new Speedring and Bowens S mount adaptors
- Body weighs only 1.4kg
Rotolight AEOS 2 in More Detail
The ultimate creative companion
Create anything, anywhere with the AEOS 2 LED light which is lightweight with an ultra-thin design, so it’s never been easier to achieve beautiful soft light on location.
High-Speed RGB Flash
AEOS 2 combines the benefits of continuous light to shoot what you see, with a High Speed Sync RGB flash for more power or to freeze the action. You can now flash in any one of 16.7 million colours or 2,500 digital filters, with zero recycle time and up to 100,000 full-power flashes on a single battery. This gives you the ability to shoot with unlimited creative options and never miss a shot due to recycle times.
A World of Colour at Your Fingertips
Choose from an endless colour palette including 2,500 of your favourite filters from LEE and Rosco and the AEOS 2 includes state-of-the art RGBWW chips, for endless possibilities to expand your creativity.
Rotolight has also revolutionised lighting control, saving both money and time on set, with effortless switching from beautiful soft output to a harder light source at a moment's notice with the world's first intelligent softbox. This allows you to electronically adjust your light's diffusion, focus and spread via the touchscreen display or Rotolight app, without the need for gels using an optional electric diffusion panel.
Native iOS And Android control
You’re always in control with the all new Rotolight app. The app lets you easily switch between lighting modes to adjust colour, power, flash settings and much more. Create custom groups and projects on up to 20 lights simultaneously right from the palm of your hand.
Functionality without the fuss
Another Rotolight’s industry-first intuitive is the introduction of a full-colour touchscreen which enables users to navigate through menus with ease. Access key features and recall your favourite settings at a moment’s notice.
Best-in-class battery performance
AEOS 2 is a creative light that you can always rely on, delivering superior output but only 1/3rd the power draw of its closest competitors. Despite the powerful flash output of 17,800 LUX at 1m you can still get up to 100,000 full-power flashes on a single battery, which are optimised for these lights.
As well as the option to power the AEOS 2 from a PSU cable, you have the added benefit of fitting V-Mount batteries for combined portability and long-lasting use, from 95 Wh, 155 Wh and 310 Wh batteries. We also have the AEOS 2 Explorer Kit, which includes a diffuser dome, battery, PSU and soft bag.
Cutting-Edge Special Effects
Rotolight's award-winning suite of CineSFX™ (Fire, Lightning, TV, Gunshot, Paparazzi and many more) add drama to a scene quickly and easily and you can customise, save and instantly recall your favourite settings.
Speedring And Bowens S mount Adaptors
Unlock endless possibilities with Bowens-mount modifiers from new Rotolight Bowens S mount and Universal Speedring adaptors for the Rotolight NEO and AEOS range.
What’s in the box
- AEOS 2 LED light
- Diffuser Dome
- 1 x PSU and UK power cable
The second generation AEOS from Rotolight offers a substantial leap in technology for photographers and videographers. It’s still super portable for location shoots, weighing just 1.4kg, but maximum output has been significantly increased to 17,800 LUX at 1m in flash mode. This opens up new possibilities for location shoots including the ability for the AEOS 2 to overpower the sun in even brighter conditions. Just like its smaller counterpart the NEO 3, the larger LED Light includes new RGBWW chips so you can choose from over 16.7 million colours or 2,500 digital filters, perfect for creative stills and video sets. Rotolight’s award winning special effects add instant drama to any lighting situation too, with effects like Gunshot, fire and lightning.
A new colour touchscreen is another industry first, providing fast and intuitive access to light settings, which speeds up your workflow and saves time on location. Other initiatives include the development of new Speedring and Bowens S mount adaptors, so you can modify light output with a wide range of light modifiers. Rotolight also developed the world's first intelligent softbox so that you can electronically adjust your light's diffusion, focus and spread. The list of pros does’t seem to stop with a new App for control over the entire system from a smartphone, once again opening up creative options and time savings. If you’re a professional or enthusiast photographer or videographer seeking a powerful, compact LED light for studio and location work, look no further than the AEOS 2.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.